Mechanical Traps (Bear trap, spike trap, fire trap, etc...)

moongaming

gonna try to make them attach but I don't think it is possible right now.

I could make it work but the explosion will be artificial and therefore won't trigger any ragdoll force (and I like those in my explosions)

I'll still try to make it work but A18 may have the answer for this

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you get it working moongaming cos I love it!

One of the best unintentional glitches gamers came across that improved the game and became a feature (will never beat the cop behaviour that turned Race and Chase into the GTA we know today), was the skiing in Tribes: Vengeance and Tribes: Ascend series. Though the later game added jetpack to further boost speeds, and a parachute - going way back with this :D

Hixxydubz if you get this error you are probably using A18.

this mod is for 17.3 so far most of my traps are glitched out on A18 . and the "buffstatuscheck" has been renamed to "buffstatuscheck01" too and but it's a leftover code and shouldn't matter at all.

also the icons needs to be updated for A18 too.

Hixxydubz if you get this error you are probably using A18.

this mod is for 17.3 so far most of my traps are glitched out on A18 . and the "buffstatuscheck" has been renamed to "buffstatuscheck01" too and but it's a leftover code and shouldn't matter at all.

also the icons needs to be updated for A18 too.

Ah makes sense, thanks for the reply, cant wait to see it updated for alpha 18, i will remove it for now then and await an update.

• 3 months later...

Better late than never, I updated this mod to A18.

Had to rework every traps because the game changed the block class I used before and it didn't work anymore.

-Fixed spike,bear,pierce,and fire traps not triggering after being repaired

-Fixed hitboxes on most trap

-Fixed C4 not exploding sometimes (still happen but it's much better, in case of emergency just shoot a bullet on the C4)

-Added HD Icons for every items

-Increased cost of repairs for most traps

4fqeFzd.png

Amazing! I love this ;)

Would be nice to see a secondary version of C4 that deals high block damage and only damages the block it is attached to is or atleast have a super tiny explosion radius for raiding doors or bust open safes ;)

Also question do the traps work with Advanced Engineering? for the Exp gain I mean

hey i'm glad you guys liked it.

not sure for the darkness falls compatibility but it should work.

I'll try to make traps that last longer and a different/smaller C4 is a really nice idea too !

is there any way we can just simpliy edit teh XML to give durability or something? also, do players activate teh traps or only zombies/animals?

• 9 months later...

About acid trap, if nerfed a little, it is a good trap.

But Im getting en error I dont know.
"ERR Unknown particle effect: impact_stone_on_"
It happens when zeds that died on the acid traps disappear.

Anyone know what this is and what to do with it?

The previous issues are likely related to changes to the Param values on the traps.  Lokk at vanilla xml and remove the ones not used in vanilla and retest.  

On the sound, it may because the macidtrap material doesnt have a ssurface property like <property name="surface_category" value="metal"/>

Archived