Sign in to follow this  
mdf25

Dead Rising - Relentless Zombies, Weapons Madness, Challenging Survival, and More!

Gup, is this from a new game? I will have a look on one of my games too just to make sure there's no typo somewhere :D

Same game from original, this started after the update.

Could just be a Guppy thing, don't look too hard. Adreden is also doing a playthrough, I'll ask him.

OK cool, yup if he is having same issue I wonder if something broke, but the weird thing is if those perks worked before they still should as the only changes made were to the entityclasses file. Maybe I need to include a newer assemblycsharp file and rebuild it as I know DMT sometimes has issues randomly on build :)

Bug: Guppy's Shopping Cart requires a workstation called guppyAutoWorkbench, which you haven't included in the mod that I could see.

How do you unlock the forge? I went through the XML's, couldn't find a path to unlock it. But I admit, I'm not terribly good at perk/skill xml's.

NM, found it. Magazine. =)

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)

Yup a magazine will unlock it :) I was thinking perhaps to make it available slightly more early on though, if you didn't get one in your first 7 days. I think the magazine is more uncommon than everything else so may need to look at it.

Yup a magazine will unlock it :) I was thinking perhaps to make it available slightly more early on though, if you didn't get one in your first 7 days. I think the magazine is more uncommon than everything else so may need to look at it.

I've found a working chem station and working table saw, but 1) I don't know the poi's that well to have them memorized to know where to find these things, and 2) I really haven't traveled much. JUST went into the wasteland on purpose today, forgot vultures weren't so passive in there, and got eaten up, but I only did that because I discovered I had the stuff and skill to make a bicycle, so I'm traveling in style now.

Can you still wrench workstations? I may try with the table saw, since it's useless to me anyway... if so, how do you do it? Something about an LCB?

Bug: Guppy's Shopping Cart requires a workstation called guppyAutoWorkbench, which you haven't included in the mod that I could see.

I think I did address this one already, in the ConfigMod it's altered I believe but not too sure. I'll check the recipes :D

EDIT: Yup, here it is

<!-- Alter recipe for Guppys Shopping Cart so that it takes less time and uses the backpack. -->
<remove xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='vehicleGuppyShoppingCartPlaceable']" />
<append xpath="/recipes">
	<recipe name="vehicleGuppyShoppingCartPlaceable" count="1" craft_time="200">
		<ingredient name="shoppingCartEmpty" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="smallEngine" count="1"/>
		<ingredient name="resourceLeather" count="15"/>  
		<ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="4"/>
		<ingredient name="vehicleWheels" count="4"/>
	</recipe>  
</append>

- - - Updated - - -

I've found a working chem station and working table saw, but 1) I don't know the poi's that well to have them memorized to know where to find these things, and 2) I really haven't traveled much. JUST went into the wasteland on purpose today, forgot vultures weren't so passive in there, and got eaten up, but I only did that because I discovered I had the stuff and skill to make a bicycle, so I'm traveling in style now.

Can you still wrench workstations? I may try with the table saw, since it's useless to me anyway... if so, how do you do it? Something about an LCB?

When you wrench a workstation, if it's one you find in the world you will get workstation parts for that particular one.

- Destroyed stations give 2 parts

- Working stations give 5 parts

Collect 25 parts for a workstation and you can build your own one without the need for a perk or magazine.

If you have built a workstation and already have it in the world, you can wrench it up to pick it up. No need for LCB :D

Edited by mdf25 (see edit history)

Dead Rising 1.1.0 Update Released

Greetings :D v1.1.0 is now live and has the following changes!

NEW MODLETS:

+ The Mechanical Traps modlet has been added to this pack. You can find a new Fox's Guide on How to Trap a Zombie in loot which allows you to build and assemble 5 new traps on the workbench.

+ Spike Traps, Bear Traps and more!

CHANGES

+ Toolmaking Today books reduced in Working Stiffs loot. We want tools from those boxes rather than repeated books.

+ Medical Journals books reduced in Pop'n'Pills cases. We want more meds!

+ Forge book is now more likely to show up, approximately 3x more likely.

Oh nice, I've still no forge or workbench. :)

But I'm surviving (well, 7 deaths?) fine and those things wouldn't have changed my deaths, so... (Shrug)

Wondering where am I supposed to craft an iron fireaxe? Can't use the workbench or forge. I've read the book so I'm just not sure where to craft it? Enjoying the mod otherwise.:encouragement:

Wondering where am I supposed to craft an iron fireaxe? Can't use the workbench or forge. I've read the book so I'm just not sure where to craft it? Enjoying the mod otherwise.:encouragement:

You need to follow one of the mod pack's quest lines ( quest_meleeweapons4 ) to craft items. The station needs an anvil among other items, and is called the Weapon Anvil. Works like a workbench essentially. Build it in your inventory, place and use.

Edited by SeekerOS
Additional Info (see edit history)

You need to follow one of the mod pack's quest lines ( quest_meleeweapons4 ) to craft items. The station needs an anvil among other items, and is called the Weapon Anvil. Works like a workbench essentially. Build it in your inventory, place and use.

Thanks. Thought that was just going to be for crafting weapons.

Is there any use for schematics? I've found several but they don't have a recipe option. I can see within XML files that "Yeah Science" has been removed (no longer needed due to JSS mods was the comment I think) leaving no way to use them. Am I missing something or should I just scrap them?

Scrap them :) still trying to find which ones are showing up :)

Thanks.

As for the schematics showing up, logging lists several of ConfigMod and Home_Depot warnings that could not be applied. One of these is for the remove xpath for *Books/*Schematic in your Fox's Expansion Modpack traders.xml. I thought I found most of these schematics (maybe I bought them all) and there's no WRN for the loot.xml.

019-09-22T19:42:21 62.409 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Home_Depot" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkHammerForge']/effect_group" 
2019-09-22T19:42:21 62.410 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Home_Depot" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']/effect_group" 
2019-09-22T19:42:21 62.413 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Drconfused_MotorTools_Upgrade" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']/effect_group" 
2019-09-22T19:42:21 62.417 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "ConfigMod" did not apply: <append xpath="//perk[@name='perkMiner69er']/effect_group" 
2019-09-22T19:42:21 62.418 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "ConfigMod" did not apply: <set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkLivingOffTheLand']/level_requirements[@level='5']/requirement/@progression_name" 
2019-09-22T19:42:21 62.846 WRN XML patch for "quests.xml" from mod "ConfigMod" did not apply: <remove xpath="/quests/quest[@id='quest_BasicSurvival6']" 
2019-09-22T19:42:22 62.903 WRN XML patch for "traders.xml" from mod "Home_Depot" did not apply: <remove xpath="//item[contains(@name, 'Placeable')]" 
2019-09-22T19:42:22 62.907 WRN XML patch for "traders.xml" from mod "ConfigMod" did not apply: <remove xpath="//trader_item_group[contains(@name, 'Books')]/item[contains(@name, 'Schematic')]" 
2019-09-22T19:42:22 62.910 WRN XML patch for "traders.xml" from mod "ConfigMod" did not apply: <remove xpath="//item[contains(@name, 'Guide: Hunting Rifles')]" 

Well, I ran into a bit of a problem. I added SMXhud mods to the pack because I absolutely love his UI changes, but once I did, the trader has been throwing an error and not showing me my inventory or allowing me to interact with anything when in his menu. I removed the hud mods, now the error won't go away. I've been skimming the xml files for the hud mod, but I can't find anything that would conflict with the trader menu. I'm gonna try a fresh install and change make it load the hud mod first (assuming the game loads lower numbers first) and see what happens

can you add survivors like how vas the starvation mod? im looking for a mod like how was starvation mod but i cant find nothing

Bug with the trader. I think it has to do with the Tabs randomly replicating themselves. Like the secret stash tab will create 4 tabs, all with the same stuff. Workaround is to go into DM mode and restock the trader.

Screenshot-43.png

Also, I absolutely despise that our crops can go bad if left too long. Why? Because even if you plant all your crops at the same time they somehow in this mod, grow at very different times. Which means I have to micro manage my farm and check on it way too frequently. Is there a way to take this out on my end?

Edit: Large Version of bug https://ibb.co/Rbk9tfd

Edited by Odetta (see edit history)