Radeon RX 5700 XT - Graphic Artifacts

Ti2xGr

Unfortunately, I can't. I tried just 18.1, just 19.11.1, and both - the only thing that fixes it is both.

Worth noting is that the artifacts I'm seeing happen ONLY on roads and underground in dirt. I haven't seen any in sky, grass, trees, buildings, etc.

So one wonders what changed with roads (asphalt and gravel roads btw) and dirt textures between 18.1 and 18.2?

You are having this specific problem, right? https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?127932-Graphical-artifacts

Happens only on ground textures. Still dying to know why it stopped happening in 18.1 and what causes it.

As posted in the other thread...

Just out of curiosity, what happens to the road textures at night with this issue? All of the videos I've seen are during the day.

Would someone with this issue/video card be willing to record a video at night while standing on a road?

Extra credit if you show the issue during the day and then use the daytime slider to show night.

Schwanz9000

Just out of curiosity, what happens to the road textures at night with this issue? All of the videos I've seen are during the day.

Would someone with this issue/video card be willing to record a video at night while standing on a road?

Extra credit if you show the issue during the day and then use the daytime slider to show night.

Schwanz9000

Guest writ in water

Schwanz9000

The video shows the bug, shows the current settings, shows how changing terrain detail to low eliminates the bug, shows how any other terrain detail setting (including lowest) resumes the bug, shows the bug at night (with and without a torch).

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue with my RX 5700 XT. This is not the only game that does the "snow" artifacting, as I call it. Transport Fever 2 has the same in-game ground snow. AMD just needs a better software driver team. I am sure they are hiring or have for this, but time is not on their side. Soon people will start abandoning the cards. I just started 7DTD up again and remembered why I stopped playing. The snow is really distracting unfortunately. I don't believe this is a Pimps issue, but I could be wrong about that.

One thing for you AMD GPU guys to try is called DDU. It helps automate uninstallation of drivers by booting in safe mode. Well worth the effort as it cleared up some of my 5700 XT issues. Just google it and you will find the link.

Archived