Yall gona try to launch A18 during Borderlands 3?

Pichii

I feel like you guys are getting in real danger of flopping this release.

If you choose to release during the same time Borderlands 3 comes out, you are gona lose ALOT of views/plays for that month...

Not tryin to be a douche or anything but I feel this should be pointed out before yall suffer more that troll hype instead of good hype. :p

I think they're planning on releasing the Experimental when it's ready.

Also be aware that it will be an opt-in required experimental testing build, and not something you're expected to have a long-term stable gameplay on. Most people will want to wait until 18.2 or 18.3 Stable before getting into the update.

I think they're planning on releasing the Experimental when it's ready.

Also be aware that it will be an opt-in required experimental testing build, and not something you're expected to have a long-term stable gameplay on. Most people will want to wait until 18.2 or 18.3 Stable before getting into the update.

Lol, yeah. My buddy will reset the server once A18 hits, but he has stated he won't play until .2 at the latest.

Just friendly advice for all. If you are expecting (given resent release history) a smooth fast release., you are in for a disappointment most likely. (TFP please prove me wrong) As for the borderlands release... when that hits I will be there probably waiting to be disappointed here.

Borderlands 3 will be old news by the time A18 comes out...

Last I heard, Borderlands 3 isn't going to be available on Steam (strike 1), and there won't be a Linux version (strike 2). I have enough other things to play/do to keep me busy, so for now it looks like no Borderlands 3 for me as I no longer have any computers with Windows...

I feel like you guys are getting in real danger of flopping this release.

You can't really flop an opt-in only experimental branch release. We are happy with whatever number of people choose to help test the experimental to get it ready for the actual general release that doesn't require an opt-in step which will happen in October most likely. If everyone play B3 and we only get reports from a few dozen players then that will be enough to keep the QA team busy reproducing and creating tickets.

Thanks though....for tryin.... :)

Played the hell from borderlands 1 on pc. Tried 2 on ps4, but didn't feel it well enough. I'd say gameplay was similar, so for me it wasn't that much revolution. Seen a few trailers for 3, but am not that much hyped to play it. Got other games to occupy my time.

Loved 1. 2 was not bad, but not real original either. The Pre-Sequel was interesting, but that's really all I can say about it. Did not like the story-mode games at all. Have hopes for 3, but not shelling out money for it for a while.

BL3 out on Steam already? No? Then it aint out yet. Got months to wait for it to release. Hopefully not that long for A18.

Supporting Epic will only make Steam that much better. Improvement and customer winning only comes through healthy competition.

Of course, never buy games new myself as I love a solid bargain and usually have plenty to play until the next game I want goes on the cheap. But I wouldn’t wait for BL3 if I wanted it just for It to come to Steam. In fact, I’ll buy it from Epic in 2-3 years when I’m ready to play it for the bargain I want.... ;)

Supporting Epic will only make Steam that much better. Improvement and customer winning only comes through healthy competition.

Generally I agree, but artificially creating exclusives with a big payoff isn't healthy competition IMO. At least they are only timed exclusives so far, so as somebody who usually waits a year after release before buying a game anyway I can't get too upset about it.

Of course, never buy games new myself as I love a solid bargain and usually have plenty to play until the next game I want goes on the cheap. But I wouldn’t wait for BL3 if I wanted it just for It to come to Steam. In fact, I’ll buy it from Epic in 2-3 years when I’m ready to play it for the bargain I want.... ;)

I don't agree with this at all, supporting epic for good competition for steam is like supporting starting new wars constantly for peace.

With how epic is dealing with things, developers win, but us, players, always lose.

Imagine if supermarkets suddenly went for "exclusive" basic products, like you can buy vegetables in X market, but bread is Y exclusive.

I can't support that "competition" and I never will.

Would Epic really gave a crap, they wouldn't go for exclusives, but for cheaper games since their cut is lower, however, despite that being used as an argument by both, developers and epic, we all know by now it was just a marketing bull♥♥♥♥ as games on epic cost as much as they were meant to cost on steam - as I have said, in that conflict player always loses.

We, the players are completely irrelevant when a big bag of cash is handed to devs, so I will voice my disagreement the only way that's being heard, by ignoring existence of epic, regardless of releases and staying on steam.

Imagine if supermarkets suddenly went for "exclusive" basic products, like you can buy vegetables in X market, but bread is Y exclusive.

I can't support that "competition" and I never will.

Supermarkets already do exclusives. Your example of only 1 store selling vegetables is wrong. Thats like saying only Steam can sell 1st person shooter games. That clearly wont happen. In grocery stores, there IS exclusive brands, including store owned and store sponsered brands you most likely have bought without realizing.

One grocery chain in my area had their own brand of frozen buffalo wings (exclusive to them) that I throw on the grill. They are so damn good I go there for that reason.

The problem is I dont want to have my games across 4 launchers, I want just 1 library. Same reason I passed on google+ when I already had facebook.

Nevertheless, Im getting bl3 on EPIC games, it's frikin borderlands. But it makes me dislike an awesome company a bit bc of the exclusives bll♥♥♥♥. Leave that crap for consoles

Archived