Random Rectangles

DistantUK

Do you see the rectangles while you are in game, or only on the screenshots? If the latter, it could just be a compression artifact because screen caps are compressed.

I've ran the game with just one monitor active and in windowed and it still occurs. The rectangles are in game, I took the screenshots for others to see. I've tried on other monitors and other people I've shared the images with also see them.

I might try rolling back the version of 7DTD to see if its a 17.4 issue.

I think it's an AMD problem because I used to see this effect in old alphas

when I played with a Radeon 7750 HD. I never figured it out and moved to Nvidia in A15 so I forgot about

it.

Yes yes, I remember that issue! I thought the devs fixed that years ago though. I remember AMD GPUs used to also cause menu related issues as well. Interesting that it would somehow creep back in again.

Try a GPU and chipset driver update, try messing around in AMD's graphics control panel. Try running the game in windowless fullscreen. Something's got to fix it cuz you're currently the only one complaining of this issue.

hi distantuk,

i need a few things from you.. 1st you are not seeing imaginary things. i originally reported this issue early in a17 during testing and it was fixed. but i do see it again (very very very faint and not in same spot as it was when i reported it.)(my eyes are watering now to find it)

doesnt matter your video card.. i reported this when i had a gtx1070, 1080 and now rtx 2080.

i could only repro it for devs at 3840p (4k monitor)

1. what size monitor you playing game on

2. screen shot of your in game video settings

3. in game gamma setting

it was originally the back button bleeding when it should have faded completely... unfortunately not everyone can see it and that includes looking at screen shots. my screen shots are 4k so i usually catch it.

bets thing is, it isnt game breaking but there none the less once you see it.. as i said, it is nowhere near as profound as originally reported (before the public got it).

thanks if you can help :)

hi distantuk,

i need a few things from you.. 1st you are not seeing imaginary things. i originally reported this issue early in a17 during testing and it was fixed. but i do see it again (very very very faint and not in same spot as it was when i reported it.)(my eyes are watering now to find it)

doesnt matter your video card.. i reported this when i had a gtx1070, 1080 and now rtx 2080.

i could only repro it for devs at 3840p (4k monitor)

1. what size monitor you playing game on

2. screen shot of your in game video settings

3. in game gamma setting

it was originally the back button bleeding when it should have faded completely... unfortunately not everyone can see it and that includes looking at screen shots. my screen shots are 4k so i usually catch it.

bets thing is, it isnt game breaking but there none the less once you see it.. as i said, it is nowhere near as profound as originally reported (before the public got it).

thanks if you can help :)

Hello,

I play on a 24" monitor, 1080p.

20190828040229_1.thumb.jpg.2a86836030d523be388426b1ece08b36.jpg

I run gamma at default setting.

20190828040254_1.thumb.jpg.0780a14f019a280b98a89fea0d763220.jpg

I run Ultra settings and if you look bottom right of the options window, you can see another of those shapes behind it.

Archived