Water Vehicle Modlets

Bobbing can be done but it is permanent and not easy to get the right look ,  for the Jetski it would look ok but the vehicle bounces up down at full stop.

I Tried to do things in unity to simulate bouyancy but unfortunately to make it work 100% would have to go for code C# solution and mod then becomes a DMT version ..... which I am trying to avoid . 

If there are breakthroughs I will update but I rather suspect boats will break in A20 as TFP are actively working on changing water in the game ...

so it may be will be a start from scratch situation probably.

Particles animations are in the works and this for me is a new area of unity so bear with me on this ;)

acvhDQst.png

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Typo (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 12/27/2020 at 4:33 AM, Pritch said:

Is there a way to run this mod using DMT?

I dont understand ....it works without DMT its just Standard Modlet required on client and server .

I have now sorted out particle system for some of the water vehicles ,  basically offering a choice , if you press F you can have particle effects showing and if you have an old potato PC you can switch them off

I found that the FPS was dropping a lot ,   I managed to optimise the model and particle effect more and now the FPS drop is minimised (although i do like my settings on high and Ultra lol) so the Jetski will be available soon , also now with a better floating motion.  I will try optimising more before release.

I will add the Particle options to the other boats over the next month as they do look good on boats with propellers  

1696041644_BoatParts.thumb.png.b0f244224d6be433dc202310e87e867c.png

Also incoming soon the Windsurfer ...few more bits to sort out

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Typo City as usual lol (see edit history)
9 minutes ago, Cranberry Monster said:

Very excited for the windsurfer. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kind words ....

I did post up in early days that i would do a Jetski , ended up doing the bathtub boat first as fits the apocalipse more .    The windsurfer I looked for ages to get one in game but in the end gave up , ActiniumTiger my partner in Vehicle Madness spotted that one above so have him to thank for finding it . 

I have a Speedboat , Riverboat , Small Fishing Boat and a Rowing Boat in the works but holding back on them a while as i would rather get the rowing boat sorted first .    The bigger boat stuff would be more endgame .

Also toyed with the idea of player finds a rubber ring and can swim with it lol ...

Ragsy !!