I got an infraction because....

Viktoriusiii

decisions decisions..

sorta like i waited to find the schematic but didnt so i spent the point to craft forge... and yep.. you guessed it... i then find the damn schematic... so i do what makes more sense... read and gained 50 more experience points. :) so its not a total loss (i would have like to put that point into decreasing encumbrance) but RNG is what it is.

Quick question:

do you even feel the 50xp? I mean a schematic is pretty rare. Shouldn't it be more rewarding to lessen the blow of "aww damn I just learned that... oh well at least I get a small xp boost"?

Because 50xp is 5x less than what even the weakest Z's give you. I think it should give more akin to zombie cops no?

Since it is such a rare item, and looting already doesn't really give any xp.

I already asked MM, but I really want to know a second opinion from someone on the team who is playing.

Also... is someone deleting random posts without notice? Or is the server screwy?

Because I posted this like an hour ago and its gone without a trace.

Quick question:

do you even feel the 50xp? I mean a schematic is pretty rare. Shouldn't it be more rewarding to lessen the blow of "aww damn I just learned that... oh well at least I get a small xp boost"?

Because 50xp is 5x less than what even the weakest Z's give you. I think it should give more akin to zombie cops no?

Since it is such a rare item, and looting already doesn't really give any xp.

I already asked MM, but I really want to know a second opinion from someone on the team who is playing.

Also... is someone deleting random posts without notice? Or is the server screwy?

Because I posted this like an hour ago and its gone without a trace.

Yes I deleted it because it was a subject to be dropped and you are trying to bring it back again. We can go with infractions instead if you wish.

Yes I deleted it because it was a subject to be dropped and you are trying to bring it back again. We can go with infractions instead if you wish.

This is so weird to me. Like... not only that it got deleted without notice, not even that ppl here talk about krakens and rocks and metric units and all that funny stuff, but that actual questions... not even directed towards the person who said to drop it, which I intended to keep out... get deleted/punished.

It's not off topic. It is the primary reason why you guys went EA after all. And I do not want to push anyone in front of the bus here...

But this forums regulations are so... weirdly strikt and yet uninforced, that it makes no sense.

Either have an AAA forum where every little infraction gets moved and a warning (not a fan and makes no sense for a "small" game like 7d2d) OR make it a fun forum.

But you guys are all over the place... sometimes you move every little bit, merge criticism into one long dead megathread, then you leave praises completely untouched, then you leave off topic banter and even join in and talk about legday (as I said I like a more personal connection) but then start deleting posts that actually do serve a purpose. And its not even that I was proven wrong. Z Cops ARE worth like what? 2000? The only thing coming back is "no because reasons", and I want to understand.

I get it. I'm the bad guy bc of my A17... rants. But you can't just go and treat some stuff super serious and rigid and then talk 5 pages about god legday and your days of service.

I mean you can... but it leaves a bitter aftertaste.

Hell if you'd just ignored it, I wouldn't have even minded. But not that I know it got deleted, I remember two or three other occasions where I doubted my own mind "did I really send that?" and...

well... that is all I am going to say about that. Feel free to delete this or move it or give me an infraction... I need a break off the forums... again.

This is so weird to me. Like... not only that it got deleted without notice, not even that ppl here talk about krakens and rocks and metric units and all that funny stuff, but that actual questions... not even directed towards the person who said to drop it, which I intended to keep out... get deleted/punished.

It's not off topic. It is the primary reason why you guys went EA after all. And I do not want to push anyone in front of the bus here...

But this forums regulations are so... weirdly strikt and yet uninforced, that it makes no sense.

Either have an AAA forum where every little infraction gets moved and a warning (not a fan and makes no sense for a "small" game like 7d2d) OR make it a fun forum.

But you guys are all over the place... sometimes you move every little bit, merge criticism into one long dead megathread, then you leave praises completely untouched, then you leave off topic banter and even join in and talk about legday (as I said I like a more personal connection) but then start deleting posts that actually do serve a purpose. And its not even that I was proven wrong. Z Cops ARE worth like what? 2000? The only thing coming back is "no because reasons", and I want to understand.

I get it. I'm the bad guy bc of my A17... rants. But you can't just go and treat some stuff super serious and rigid and then talk 5 pages about god legday and your days of service.

I mean you can... but it leaves a bitter aftertaste.

Hell if you'd just ignored it, I wouldn't have even minded. But not that I know it got deleted, I remember two or three other occasions where I doubted my own mind "did I really send that?" and...

well... that is all I am going to say about that. Feel free to delete this or move it or give me an infraction... I need a break off the forums... again.

It has nothing to do with any of that. It has to do with your immaturity that won’t allow you to drop a subject that you have been given a final answer on.

You don’t get to try and get a different answer from Mommy because you didn’t like Daddy’s answer.

There are hundreds of people who operate on these forums just swell without running afoul of the rules...and then there’s you. When everyone else in the orchestra is playing the same song and you are playing something different it isn’t the orchestra’s problem.

Drop the duplicate book xp issue. It has been answered and you’ve been told by the developer to drop it and then I tried to save you by removing your attempt to resurface it and you can’t even take that hint.

A break might be the thing.

Was that one from me? lol :p

Yep. And you were nice enough to answer my apology with a “Don’t worry about it, you’re a good member of our community” reply which made me feel better.

“Fox thinks I’m okay”, I proudly thought to myself.

I always try to do the same when I get the rare apology instead of the other more typical response to an infraction....

Crusader is a name calling word?

...I felt my two infractions were justified. Fox was a bit more of a crusader than you though, Roland. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I miss the old RSS feed when the kraken was on the verge of release. The forum goes down and a bunch of gamers all giddy from riding the hype train suddenly find themselves unleashed on an unmoderated platform. It was crazy, brutal, and fun. :-)

We had a blast on irc, that's for sure...

Archived