Downtown Guppy

...so, back on topic. Did some work, lost some work, it's been a ride...

I didn't know that if I used custom blocks and saved them in the in-game editor, then brought them to pille's editor and save, that I'd lose the blocks because I didn't have a mods checkbox checked, so lesson learned... thanks to Pille for helping me through that. =) I had a recent backup so I wasn't too worried though.

[video=youtube_share;p15_okrdnZk]

...this is the kind of thing I'm going for but I've a long way to go to make it look cool, but basically buildings side by side with a unique look...

Downtown_Main_Street_MG_8155.jpg

Yeh I loved that prefab back in the day, but RWG never really made it look like it belonged, which is why I'm loving the custom worlds and being able to not only set up the terrain exactly how I want, but the roads, prefabs, and biomes...

Yeh I loved that prefab back in the day, but RWG never really made it look like it belonged, which is why I'm loving the custom worlds and being able to not only set up the terrain exactly how I want, but the roads, prefabs, and biomes...

Agreed, it will be amazing what custom worlds are generated through the world editor. Slaan has demonstrated the power of this in several of his slaanhatten project videos.

If ever I get time for it, there are enough tools in place nowadays for me to recreate twd world with iconic locals such as Woodbury, Alexandria, terminus, and of course the prison. 😎

////

I agree with this in essence.

Still, it's a little far-fetched. The essence of the thought is very interesting.

I think that still, the impact of mods is not so significant in practice on game developers.

I agree with this in essence.

Still, it's a little far-fetched. The essence of the thought is very interesting.

I think that still, the impact of mods is not so significant in practice on game developers.

*ahem*

"I agree with the spirit of this; it's not realistic, but the thought behind this is interesting.

But I don't think modding is new do game developers, so I don't agree it will be that bad."

(how did I do?) ;)

Not a fan of the one with all the arches (3rd one) but I'm stubborn and will make it work. :)

It works for me, the curved doorways and windows make a good contrast to other buildings. Not sure if intended but I also like how some buildings have a "recessed" look as they alternate from one to the other.