Split-Level House

Crater Creator

149A39B45DD1F3C29271D42BC00ED438E6E631F3

I'm quite pleased with how the man cave turned out... and quite salty that after all that block work, TFP are adding their own pool table object for Alpha 18. :tongue:

D3F94F8B40DA778868DECED791CACBC7D1D23CDA

Moving upstairs, can't get enough of that wood paneling and yellow wallpaper up here in the hallway to the bedrooms. Hmm, the attic is closed up. I wonder how you get up there...

9EC7C69452D3A8BBDA85A1D39B0FCE61DBCD7916

If there's one place where I can draw on experience to make a realistic scene, it's a cluttered attic.

906E3EC4F2C7890CD1266F767D6598E14EB7A163

Another view of the attic. Hmm, what's over in that newer part?

That's all for now. Again, I should have it up for download soon.

I wanted my first prefab release to fit in with TFP's level design as much as possible. So I opted to make this split-level house.

It's designed to be a high quality, full featured 'dungeon crawl' style POI with sleepers and quests. It's also designed to look like another house on the block: nothing avant garde, just something for those that like the buildings in vanilla but want more of them. You should get at least 20 minutes of gameplay going through this house, and 30+ is more realistic. It's been extensively tested in Alpha 17.4.

The download link is now above. Enjoy these screenshots as a preview.

6D949EE1C179DA764B3BD95C99AC4141894FE4C5

Nothing says suburban Americana like this classic 3 bedroom, 2 bath side-split! The outdated facade and overgrown trees in the front yard are your friendly reminder that in the zombie apocalypse, curb appeal is definitely on the back burner.

93EF3A925FEAA0C61CABA28FAD30D4397A64328B

That's right, this house is beautiful through its ugliness. Look at that wallpaper. That blocky rough stone fireplace. That carpet laid down on... more carpet. This is a seventies house, and it shows!

F35490BA81C3C2DBFBE528AE22A3C35FAACE3241

The kitchen and dining area, separated with one of those half-wall dealies, with bay window looking out onto the back deck.

Curious which block you used for the pool cue? Love the build.

Thanks! There are a couple of thin metal rods in the creative menu. I think they're considered pillars, but in any case you can find them if you look up "5cm" or "2.5cm". Then it was a matter of finding a two-tone texture that maps well on this shape.

Fun fact: My first attempt at feature furniture for the man cave was a ping-pong table. I thought the chain-link fence top looked good for the net. But there was no way to only use a piece of it - not in the middle of a table anyway - and a 1-meter high net looked too out of proportion. The big silver CRT TV in the attic looks simple, but required similarly careful placement to make work.

Archived