Pre-Release Streaming Weekend Event -- A18 edition

Roland

How are they partners?

Think of it as two companies, one we know (TFP) and one we know of but don't understand because we're old (streamers) getting together for a promotion that benefits both.

Kinda like how Coco Puffs now uses Hershey Chocolate. =)

What should they have stated in the kickstarter? That they would promote and advertise their game?

People get access because they made their hobby into a bussiness. Someone with 5000 followers has a bussiness whereas someone with 5 followers has a hobby. That is the reason why that limit even exists.

The new generation of players judge games by looking at youtube vidoes. Maybe you are too old or too young to have noticed this trend. Magazines are out, streamers are in. TFP is making a deal with streamers where they get promotion and the streamers get exclusive content for a weekend to increase their viewer numbers. Did TFP promise you exclusivity by the way?

Streamers have to start somewhere, zero to known is not easy. Took me nearly six years to make it past 172k subs but a small team who is excluding their fan base because they under 5000 limit really puts those players who what to succeed, like the ones that the Fun Pimps are picky about, into a disadvantageous situation.

I know of one die hard 7DTD player who have under 4k subs but his last 7DTD video got over 20k views. At $0.10 YouTube adverting costs, the Fun Pimps got over $2000 worth of free advertising, which the Fun Pimps didn't have to pay but is seen as a kick in the teeth.... See where this is going? Misusing subs like KPIs don't work.

I think 5000 is a good limit. There has to be a limit or everyone just makes a channel quickly and wants exclusive weekend access. And 5000 is also high enough to prevent peepz from just buying the subs. Buying 5000 subs is way over 200 bucks. Buying views is 20 times cheaper and could also easlily misused.

All in all. Good and fair limit.

Cheers

JaWoodle is a great example. He is new to our list this time. He wanted to apply for the A17 event but didn’t quite have the 5k sub requirement and was excluded.

This time he qualified with over 15k subs. Someone who can create 300% growth in their channel is someone we definitely want to partner with. He obviously has a strong appeal and a talent for entertaining people.

Despite the posted requirements I get tons of emails from people who want me to make an exception in their case. I answer every one and thank them for applying but also tell them that we aren’t making exceptions. I then tell them that we would be pleased to have them join us for the A19 event if they grow their channel to the required amount.

JaWoodle did that from A17 to A18 and those that miss out this time can get it done for A19. Love and devotion to the game makes you a fan and we appreciate the fans. But to be a partner with us in the streaming events you need to also show some ability to appeal to and entertain a wide audience.

We know that 5k subs doesn’t mean a 5k audience always viewing. Many of those 5k will have subscribed but never returned to keep watching but they never cancelled their sub. But it does show an ability to continue to catch the attention of new eyeballs past the initial beginnings of the channel.

There will always be sour grapes for being excluded due to a requirement. Working to meet the requirement for our next event is the best course of action.

Neeb’s Gaming applied for and were accepted for the A17 event. Once they realized how it would work they declined to do it (though they wished us well). Their format doesn’t work with only 2-3 days to prep, produce, edit, and release a video. They don’t do regular spontaneous let’s plays.

Achievement Hunter would be welcome if he applies.

The Neebs Gaming stance makes a lot of sense actually - it's true I haven't seen any spontaneous playthroughs, I just assumed that's because I'm on YT and not Twitch. Oh, well.

Also, LOL at referring to Achievement Hunter as "he."

Glad to see JaWoodle made the list too, he's pretty funny.

Neeb’s Gaming applied for and were accepted for the A17 event. Once they realized how it would work they declined to do it (though they wished us well). Their format doesn’t work with only 2-3 days to prep, produce, edit, and release a video. They don’t do regular spontaneous let’s plays.

Achievement Hunter would be welcome if he applies.

My buddies over at Neeb's gaming did not want to :( lol, just joking. I kinda wish Neebs would move some stuff around but Adahop does indeed need time to edit etc.

The Neebs Gaming stance makes a lot of sense actually - it's true I haven't seen any spontaneous playthroughs, I just assumed that's because I'm on YT and not Twitch. Oh, well.

Also, LOL at referring to Achievement Hunter as "he."

Glad to see JaWoodle made the list too, he's pretty funny.

No offense intended. I know people are extremely prickly about gender identification these days.

JaWoodle is a great example. He is new to our list this time. He wanted to apply for the A17 event but didn’t quite have the 5k sub requirement and was excluded.

This time he qualified with over 15k subs. Someone who can create 300% growth in their channel is someone we definitely want to partner with. He obviously has a strong appeal and a talent for entertaining people.

Despite the posted requirements I get tons of emails from people who want me to make an exception in their case. I answer every one and thank them for applying but also tell them that we aren’t making exceptions. I then tell them that we would be pleased to have them join us for the A19 event if they grow their channel to the required amount.

JaWoodle did that from A17 to A18 and those that miss out this time can get it done for A19. Love and devotion to the game makes you a fan and we appreciate the fans. But to be a partner with us in the streaming events you need to also show some ability to appeal to and entertain a wide audience.

We know that 5k subs doesn’t mean a 5k audience always viewing. Many of those 5k will have subscribed but never returned to keep watching but they never cancelled their sub. But it does show an ability to continue to catch the attention of new eyeballs past the initial beginnings of the channel.

There will always be sour grapes for being excluded due to a requirement. Working to meet the requirement for our next event is the best course of action.

I have to agree JaWoodle is great and entertaining. he also responds to many questions during and after the YT events.

there is a lady streamer on Mixer https://mixer.com/Pipers_Heart with 4000+ followers but she only streams A16.x she does not like A17. yall should have a talk with her. she has had 30-50 concurrent streamers all day. nice british lady :)

She would still need at least 5000 subs; as far as I know, no exceptions. If TFP would let one in and not others... :boom:

A friend of mine who has 33359 subs on Youtube, and 45390 subs on another streaming website said that he sent an email 3 days ago. He hasn't gotten any replies for it, and I don't see his name on the list. If it just takes time, it's okay, but I was a little worried that it might have been sent somewhere else by mistake. I'll have him send it again if you haven't received any emails with these numbers on it. @Roland

Archived