Let's Build a Vessel...

Pille

@Laz Man

Lol, probably we already have this feature. There's always a bug just around the corner making your dreams become true.^^

Day 6 (Managed to finish the basic form. Ofc it needs some more smoothing, refinement and more details like a bulbous bow but I can start adding interior now):

eGqtJiq.jpg

@Laz Man

Lol, probably we already have this feature. There's always a bug just around the corner making your dreams become true.^^

Day 6 (Managed to finish the basic form. Ofc it needs some more smoothing, refinement and more details like a bulbous bow but I can start adding interior now):

eGqtJiq.jpg

Looking sweet one thing that comes to mind is how will water react to variable density terrain? Will it go flush with the side or will it have a air gap where the water block touches the terrain block. Also I'm interested to see how you tackle the spawning and si. Man I look forward to the Day when water gets overhauld haha =)

There's some kind of wave formation in front of the bow (see first screenshot). It almost looks like the vessel is driving. lol. So it's not perfectly flush except on the side of the ship. However, I might be able to fix these issues. It doesn't look too bad, so I haven't tried yet. The hull got a refinement to make it more stable and more realistic (see second screenshot, area inside the blue marking is touching the ground). Hidden sheet blocks are used to let it fly.^^ The back part still needs some additional support but that's where the submarine will come into play.

Day 6 (Water test and engine room(wip)):

hIcnawd.jpg

bjo4T7f.jpg

PtLMTXu.jpg

(Sorry Guppy not enough space for two of the fat engines^^)

...what are your plans for entering? Ladder on the side? Dock ramp?

Haven't made any plans yet. A ladder could be easily attached to its backside though. Maybe I'll invent something special.

looks awesome,love the engine room better than mines lol:tongue-new:

Apropos of yours, how's the final testing going?

Haven't made any plans yet. A ladder could be easily attached to its backside though. Maybe I'll invent something special.

Apropos of yours, how's the final testing going?

Slowly haha but getting there last run I only saw 1 popin issue and a couple minor design tweeks. Hopefully I'll make it before a18 then it's back to the editor to convert lol

I hope A18 is not going to affect our POIs too much. lol

Day 7 - Didn't have much time today. Since I don't have a clue what the layout of a vessel has to look like, my progress is slow. The first passenger has already entered the ship - Mr. space problem. ^^

There will be plenty of space to avoid the zeds:

H6JvP7X.jpg

Passenger's cabin:

MkqUSAJ.jpg

HdeBlL8.jpg

Added this strange looking fin. I don't know its name but it stabilizes the backside and you can find the same thing on real ships:

2oLS1xI.jpg

Rudder ;)

Hmm it's static and can't be adjusted according to some pictures from google search.^^

Day 8 - Progress gets slower and slower^^. At least I managed to finish about the half of the passengers cabins. And the dumb ship got a dumb name:

K4u0JNL.jpg

Your use of lighting is master level. It adds so much to the atmosphere. Thanks for the progress pics.

I think it's the game's fault not mine but thanks anyway. ;) Dunno what else to show, the vessel mainly consists of small boring rooms and corridors lol.

Day 10 - Getting closer to release (I mean release of the crappy version for Guppy :tongue-new:) . Electric propulsion motors and small storage room.

Q3xLj5a.jpg

dJzfAwm.jpg

I think it's the game's fault not mine but thanks anyway. ;) Dunno what else to show, the vessel mainly consists of small boring rooms and corridors lol.

Day 10 - Getting closer to release (I mean release of the crappy version for Guppy :tongue-new:) . Electric propulsion motors and small storage room.

Q3xLj5a.jpg

dJzfAwm.jpg

What blocks are those for the shelves?

Day 11 - Built a small patient's room. I am starting to run out of room but still have to add at least 3 more rooms.^^

hNakR9S.jpg

The clean look is intended btw.. Maybe I add some decay later.

Fun fact, there are about 30 toilets on the ship.^^

Archived