Telrics Health Bars

Telric

This little modlet adds health bars over zombies. The health bars appear once the zombie takes any source of damage. It will display the % of health remaining. This works on damage and healing.

This modlet adds buffs to the zombie male template. If other mods adds buffs directly to that, it could possibly cause issues. I've not tested it.

A special thanks to the great and mighty Mumpfy for creating the texture. :) Great work!

Video:

Download: (This is the original. This adds <buffs> directly to the zombie entity, so it may cause issues with other mods that do the same.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrgtxx22vkrnsxr/Telrics%20Health%20Bars.zip?dl=0

Download 2.0: (This is the revised version. It adds a buff to the player's status update and then attaches a buff on hit to the target. This version also has been rewritten to be smaller and to work on animals as well.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvpeifdfcuqb4d8/Telrics%20Health%20Bars%202.0.zip?dl=0

Three steps. First, place it somewhere public. Dropbox will do, though it doesn't work that well. Better on github or gitlab. Second, create a text file with links to either the mod or a directory full of mods (the distinction is relevant if the mod is on github/gitlab). I'm placing my own below just so you can see it. Finally, put that file somewhere public, and send the link to Sphereii.

https://github.com/dcsobral/7d2d/tree/master/Mods
https://gitlab.com/dcsobral/BigCities

PS: I believe it works with both the Mods/<Mod Name> layout and the <Mod Name> layout, but I had trouble in the past with one or the other.

Are you using the launcher or the files from my drop box?

For the launcher, when you open it, on the left choose Steam version. Then there will be a small buton to the far right that says manage modlets.. Open that and there will be a drop down box to the right. Choose my name (telric) from the box and it will display my mods. Then just click download on the health bars.

For the drop box files, just drag them into your Mods folder in your 7dtd files. Its a modlet and doesnt require any code or SDX files.

• 3 months later...

Hey Telric! Awesome mod. I have been using it and seen YouTubeers use the mod. The one issue it seems is the inaccuracy with the mod. I looked at the code and it is not granular enough. Currently you have it set at 12, 25, 37, 50, 62, 75, 87, 100. Can you make it more granular going up by deducting one hp at a time? If not can you release the unity3d source files so I can do it myself? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

made additions to tyhis mods to inclyude animals which were not showing up

replace the contents of entityclasses.xml with

<configs>
<append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieTemplateMale']">

<property name="Buffs" value="DamageDisplayBuff" />
</append>
<append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='animalTemplateTimid']">

</append>
<append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='animalTemplateHostile']">

</append>
</configs>

• 1 month later...

Hey all. I took some time to rewrite this modlet to be more compatible with other modlets. The old version would add a <buff> property to the zombie entity class directly, which could cause issues with other mods that do the same. So i redid it to attach to the player's status update buff so it will always be active on the player, then transfer to the target on hit. This new version also works on *most* animals. The old version is still available just as a backup incase a breaking bug is found...

The original post has been updated with a 2.0 download link. But here it is if you dont want to scroll back up. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvpeifdfcuqb4d8/Telrics%20Health%20Bars%202.0.zip?dl=0

Enjoy and let me know what else i can do to make this more compatible with other mods.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Telric

Thanks for your mod very much

My friends and I are very enjoy

some question:

how to correctly install this mod in linux server ?

I put Telrics Health Bars 2.0 into 7_days_to_die_server/Mods

but everyone joined the server can't see the health bars

we put the mod into both server & client site to solve this.

can everyone use this mod by only put it at server site ?

• 1 month later...
I'm not sure why, but for some reason when using the modlet there are two healthbars are shown? I remember using the old version and there didnt seem to be the same issue, so I'll just fall back to using that for now

The new mod is based on tags instead of just zombie. Is that a vanilla zombie or a modded one? If it has more than one of the tags the buff uses to add the health bar to, it will add twice. If its a vanilla one ill check it out after work later today.

• 4 weeks later...
Great mod!

Question: How can I make this work with Bad Company UMA Zombies?

This is where I downloaded it from:

https://7daystodiemods.com/bad-company-uma-zombies/

Seems like your mod is using the "zombie" tag, which all the bad company zombies do have defined.

Guess I'm missing something else?

Hey! Thanks! As far as I know UMA zombies dont have an Origin bone. Their structures are different. I attach to the Origin, so you'd have to find a bone to use for them and add it to each AttachPrefab action.

Hey! Thanks! As far as I know UMA zombies dont have an Origin bone. Their structures are different. I attach to the Origin, so you'd have to find a bone to use for them and add it to each AttachPrefab action.

Thanks for the reply!

It's the attach part that I do not understand, because I thought the

<requirement name="EntityTagCompare" tags="zombie"/>

in the buffs is the part that binds to the

<property name="Tags" value="entity,zombie,walker"/>

in the EntityClasses?

Is this the part I am misunderstanding?

The actual particle has to "attach" to a bone in the zombie's rigging so it moves with it and whatnot. He's saying that UMA zombies don't have any known bone names. Like, we know a regular (baked) zombie has Origin, Hips, Spine, Spine1, Spine2, Spine3, etc, but no clue what the bone structure of a UMA zombie is, so there's nothing to attach the particle (the healthbar) to.

Archived