Crashing on "building environment"

conquistadorst

Loading screen stuck on "building environment". Can hear the ambient environment sounds on this screen. Loads fine on 2 other PC's in house, used to even load on this one too but seems unable to now. 2 output files seem to be created when attempting to create a game, I attached both. Any help appreciated! [ATTACH]28857[/ATTACH][ATTACH]28856[/ATTACH]

Forgot to add - already tried running "verify integrity of game files" from Steam, also tried uninstalling & reinstalling game too :(

output_log__2019-07-28__20-15-51.txt

output_log__2019-07-28__20-17-36.txt

Using the integrated cpu graphics from 2012 is gonna get you about 5 fps,

even if you get it to work. So, is it worth it?

If you put a relatively new video card in there it would be playable. Your cpu

and ram specs are fine.

Where do you see that? This box is running a subpar video card but not that subpar, it's an nvidia GTX 770

From your log:

2019-07-28T20:17:56 3.918 INF Version: Alpha 17.4 (b4) Compatibility Version: Alpha 17.4, Build: Windows 64 Bit

2019-07-28T20:17:56 3.918 INF System information:

2019-07-28T20:17:56 3.918 INF OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit

2019-07-28T20:17:56 3.919 INF CPU: Intel® Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (cores: 4)

2019-07-28T20:17:56 3.919 INF RAM: 16330 MB

2019-07-28T20:17:56 3.919 INF GPU: Microsoft Basic Render Driver (8165 MB)

2019-07-28T20:17:56 3.919 INF Graphics API: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1] (shader level 5.0)

2019-07-28T20:17:56 3.919 INF Last played version: Alpha 17.4

So, if you have a 770 in there it's not being used when you launch the game.

Maybe your monitor is attached to the wrong port.

Also, this might be a problem but not sure.

2019-07-28T20:18:41 48.771 INF Loaded world file from different version: 'Alpha 17 (b172)'

I hear a new world after an alpha update works best.

Loading screen stuck on "building environment". Can hear the ambient environment sounds on this screen. Loads fine on 2 other PC's in house, used to even load on this one too but seems unable to now. 2 output files seem to be created when attempting to create a game, I attached both. Any help appreciated! [ATTACH]28857[/ATTACH][ATTACH]28856[/ATTACH]

Forgot to add - already tried running "verify integrity of game files" from Steam, also tried uninstalling & reinstalling game too :(

90% chance you have mod files from a long time ago still affecting your game.

Youll need to delete your entire 7d2d folder from steam dir and THEN verify.

(Basically, a full reinstall but you CANNOT tell steam to do it- it will not remove all the files nor will windows. YOU must manually delete them.)

Underylying problem-

Old mod files currently exsist in game dir preventing vanilla files from properly loading.

Steam and Windows are unable to remove these files as they are 3rd party software and not in the games code for uninstall options to automatically remove said files.

90% chance you have mod files from a long time ago still affecting your game.

Youll need to delete your entire 7d2d folder from steam dir and THEN verify.

(Basically, a full reinstall but you CANNOT tell steam to do it- it will not remove all the files nor will windows. YOU must manually delete them.)

Underylying problem-

Old mod files currently exsist in game dir preventing vanilla files from properly loading.

Steam and Windows are unable to remove these files as they are 3rd party software and not in the games code for uninstall options to automatically remove said files.

Thanks I'll try this, I relied on Steam to uninstall.

For the "INF GPU: Microsoft Basic Render Driver (8165 MB)" thing, I think that was due to Windows using a Microsoft driver for the card. When I installed a proper nvidia driver directly from them that went away, but not the loading problem.

I don't know what to do about this one, "INF Loaded world file from different version: 'Alpha 17 (b172)'". I have been in fact loading a new world on several attempts. Maybe the better uninstall will help with this I'll find out.

Thank you guys, I'll report back!

Thanks I'll try this, I relied on Steam to uninstall.

For the "INF GPU: Microsoft Basic Render Driver (8165 MB)" thing, I think that was due to Windows using a Microsoft driver for the card. When I installed a proper nvidia driver directly from them that went away, but not the loading problem.

I don't know what to do about this one, "INF Loaded world file from different version: 'Alpha 17 (b172)'". I have been in fact loading a new world on several attempts. Maybe the better uninstall will help with this I'll find out.

Thank you guys, I'll report back!

That means you are loading a map from version A17 instead of A17.4

You will have errors and this is unavoidable due to the version difference.

To fix the version issue, you will either need to start a new map or else, use an old beta version for A17.

To find that, right click from steam client, far right tab 'betas' and select A17 flat. That should allow you to play that file but I highly reccomend you just start a new one to avoid more and worse bugs.

Archived