Hey Console players, would you pay for a DLC update? I sure would.

GrouchyDevotee

I slightly disagree that they are not obligated to give us details on the update for console, even if it is that it isnآ’t going to happen. The last statement they made was they were trying to get the rights back and that they would support all platforms, and then changed that to aid console players. So I do believe at some point they owe us an answer to the question of the update happening for console. Or they could pull a TellTale Games and just leave us in the dark, but I kind of expected more from TFP then TTG.

I agree we donآ’t know what the legal issue is, but only because they are not telling us anything. I agree they havenآ’t lied to us, but you yourself said آ“of course they know more then they are telling usآ”. The legal issue IMHO that is out there right now is it would be better to not say anything else about the update because it isnآ’t going to happen. Anything said at this point could be used against them. For all we know TFP might want to tell us the update isnآ’t going to happen, but the legal team says donآ’t say anything.

I am sorry you think that I am calling them liars. I donآ’t think withholding information makes you a liar. I think the legal issue would come from any thing said now about an update for console. Which would allow you to say, because of legal issues we cannot talk about the update for console. Which would unfortunately mean they would never tell us that they are not doing the update. So that is why I think they owe us something at some point.

Would you not agree?

think I might not of said it right. They are not obligated to tell us about what is goin on with the legal issues. Not that they are not obligated to let us know if an update is happening or not. Once they have a answer that they can give us then yes they are obligated to say one way or another. But not sure they have that answer to give to us at the moment. I'm sure they have an idea and could probably say things are looking good or things are not looking so good. But truth be told they really are not the type to say something such important with speculation. So don't see them doing any speculation announcements only 100% guarentee.

I could be wrong but I'm sure they have some stuff they could share that wouldn't involve the legal side of things. But really by now they have yet to do so, so I doubt they start now. Either way we shall see one day one way or the other. For now I'm still holding on to the hope side of things but in the back of my head prepared for the worse. Luckily I got the best of both sides but that is me and a few others. Those that don't have or can't afford a PC it sucks and I know I have friends that don't have PC it is really the reason I play the console version anyway. So I know it sucks if nothing else comes for the console.

I have came across 2 games so far and this could be 3 that something like this happened and nothing else for the game or anything. So I know how it is and feels. Luckily though this game was sold off to a company that it happened to and the actual developers are still kicking and around.

Wasted time yes to a point. Waste of money not so much. The money that was put into it already was from TT and well that doesn't matter now. But wouldn't it be a waste of money to finish something that at this point is outdated? Like ok so you spend whatever amount is left to pay to finish if not all the money then turn right back around and spend more money to get it updated. I mean that of course would come down to if it can even be updated more than what they already started on. I mean just my opinion. I feel if the game can be updated more past what they was working on then what they was working on is a little out dated now. So for me I wouldn't want to spend any money on it if I have to turn around and pay more money to update it again. To me that is a waste of money but then again I'm not a business owner so I don't know.

You bring up a very good point. Maybe whoever got the rights to the game can just charge a one time fee, then finish the update that's supposedly almost done & then go from there with any other future updates and optimizations. That I would for sure pay for.

It wonآ’t break the deadlock. As some have said I donآ’t think TFP want to play in the console arena.

Sorry donآ’t believe the legal mumble-jumbo excuse. Maybe if they mentioned anything of what kind of legal action is happening then maybe, but total silence to me means nothing legal is going on at this point. TFP said they terminated the rights they sold to TTG. That agreement assuming both sides were smart covered this type of incident.

The Console code is owned by someone. TTG wouldnآ’t have been allowed to sell the asset in the auction by Sherwood Partners if someone had a legal case on it.

My best guess and we are all guessing at this point is TFP donآ’t want to mess with the costs of moving the console version forward. Plus it is doubtful that console could be updated to alpha 18 do to hardware limits. So TFP would be required to support two different versions of the game on different systems. Unless TFP have a money tree growing somewhere the costs far out weight the rewards for a free or at this point even paid DLC. Best guess is the next generation of console will get a new 7 days to die release and maybe even be on par with PC.

You can put me in the update is not going to happen. 8-2-2019 mark it down. If we are lucky TFP will say something at some point, but it is possible they might pull a TTG and just not say anything at all. Watching the video about alpha 18 for the PC and seeing how TFP body language, voices, and even talking 6 seconds about console seemed awkward. Thank goodness for the well buy a PC copy to break the tension. I own both and sorry but gameplay I prefer the console solo mode. Graphics, and pvp is a no brained PC.

I hope I am wrong and people re-post my post when the update happens. I will gladly eat crow and apologize for being wrong and an idiot. Unfortunately I think I am right, and we are just waiting for TFP to come out and say it.

So, speculation about the legal ramifications aside..

-would you pay for a console update/expansion?

So, speculation about the legal ramifications aside..

-would you pay for a console update/expansion?

GrouchyDevotee, You must not have read any of my other posts. I have suggested kick starter, paying for DLC, and paying for 7 days to die 2. This console or the next gen console.

Unfortunately with the silence other then legal mumbo-jumbo it isn’t going to happen. I am just waiting for TFP to say it is over, since I am lead to believe they are still working on getting the rights back to support or aid console players.

It wonآ’t break the deadlock. As some have said I donآ’t think TFP want to play in the console arena.

Sorry donآ’t believe the legal mumble-jumbo excuse. Maybe if they mentioned anything of what kind of legal action is happening then maybe, but total silence to me means nothing legal is going on at this point. TFP said they terminated the rights they sold to TTG. That agreement assuming both sides were smart covered this type of incident.

The Console code is owned by someone. TTG wouldnآ’t have been allowed to sell the asset in the auction by Sherwood Partners if someone had a legal case on it.

My best guess and we are all guessing at this point is TFP donآ’t want to mess with the costs of moving the console version forward. Plus it is doubtful that console could be updated to alpha 18 do to hardware limits. So TFP would be required to support two different versions of the game on different systems. Unless TFP have a money tree growing somewhere the costs far out weight the rewards for a free or at this point even paid DLC. Best guess is the next generation of console will get a new 7 days to die release and maybe even be on par with PC.

You can put me in the update is not going to happen. 8-2-2019 mark it down. If we are lucky TFP will say something at some point, but it is possible they might pull a TTG and just not say anything at all. Watching the video about alpha 18 for the PC and seeing how TFP body language, voices, and even talking 6 seconds about console seemed awkward. Thank goodness for the well buy a PC copy to break the tension. I own both and sorry but gameplay I prefer the console solo mode. Graphics, and pvp is a no brained PC.

I hope I am wrong and people re-post my post when the update happens. I will gladly eat crow and apologize for being wrong and an idiot. Unfortunately I think I am right, and we are just waiting for TFP to come out and say it.

I'm really hoping it's just a matter of time until us console players get to hear what's actually going to happen with 7D2D.

I didn't really consider the next generation consoles at all, that's a really good point.

Cheers!

My partner and I bought a 2nd ps4 for this game to play online with my brother and has now become the only reason I turn my PS4 on these days, especially with how pathetic other games and their mirco transactions are.

Having easily gotten my money's worth, my only complaint is lack of an ultra impossible to kill zombie to wreak havoc, as once you hit day 7ish~ other than the mass fire place method, it gets too easy.

So to answer OPs question, I would break my anti-mirco transaction rule if it was for some fear inducing, time to flee ultra zombie.

Or just wait it out and hope they release 7DTD ps5/xbox scarlet edition then it will/should match the PC version. We still don't exactly know the specs for the next gen but the reports that been released seem to be pretty good. It seems it will be over the recommend specs that the PC requires to run the game. If they did that it wouldn't be any experimental releases but they could wait till the last stable build for that current alpha is out then start doing whatever it is they will do to put in for a console version of that final stable build.

That is still a little over a year away by then the game could be very close to being finished. Either way if it is or still had a little ways to go still could do the above.

I keep hearing about all the updates and mods for the PC version of 7 days to die, and I know consoles will always be way behind.

Until this company gets their crappy affairs in check this game will be dead on console.

When this game costs more on Console than Computer and it's not even finished you're going to get a lot of angry costumers. This company needs to be held accounted for. No one should have to pay addition $25 for the complete version to get the 100% experience. #RUBBISH

A unfinished game that costs more than the finished version on the computer?

You want me to pay more money for a DLC when it should be a finished protect.

No one should have to pay $25 to experience the full aspect of this game because their chosen gaming platform isn't up to par with the company

:greedy_dollars:

A unfinished game that costs more than the finished version on the computer?

You want me to pay more money for a DLC when it should be a finished protect.

No one should have to pay $25 to experience the full aspect of this game because their chosen gaming platform isn't up to par with the company

:greedy_dollars:

Technically you are wrong. PC doesn't have a finished version yet. 90% of games cost cheaper on PC then console. Lastly the console version wasn't sold to be the PC version. Console was sold to be a finished version of what the PC had at that moment. That was TT that seen a game good enough at that time to call it a finished game. So that is TT fault not really TFP fault. So technically you bought a finished version of the game on console.

Until this company gets their crappy affairs in check this game will be dead on console.

When this game costs more on Console than Computer and it's not even finished you're going to get a lot of angry costumers. This company needs to be held accounted for. No one should have to pay addition $25 for the complete version to get the 100% experience. #RUBBISH

I guess you gave an answer, but not to the question I asked... You're still patrolling the forums for 7D2D, so I'm guessing you still play it, no need to be salty.

Seven Days to Die is a great console game, and yes it could use some work...

If 7D2D released a paid expansion/DLC for console, would you buy it?

I guess you gave an answer, but not to the question I asked... You're still patrolling the forums for 7D2D, so I'm guessing you still play it, no need to be salty.

Seven Days to Die is a great console game, and yes it could use some work...

If 7D2D released a paid expansion/DLC for console, would you buy it?

Seems like they said pretty clearly NOBODY should pay more for this game to be completed. They are totally right actually i wouldn't pay anything extra to have the game brought to a steady reliable status. At minimum they would need to fix all the bugs in the game, switch to the new engine and do minor updates before they could even consider DLC

Seems like they said pretty clearly NOBODY should pay more for this game to be completed. They are totally right actually i wouldn't pay anything extra to have the game brought to a steady reliable status. At minimum they would need to fix all the bugs in the game, switch to the new engine and do minor updates before they could even consider DLC

The update that was about to release was already switched to the new engine.

Which is fine but that would still need to be released plus the general bug fixes must be addressed. Only at that point would it even be reasonable to to talk about DLC. Hiding the update behind a paywall would be pretty crappy

Which is fine but that would still need to be released plus the general bug fixes must be addressed. Only at that point would it even be reasonable to to talk about DLC. Hiding the update behind a paywall would be pretty crappy

Yep, and pretty sure I said that two pages ago. :)

You mean, a newer engine than what we had (were going to have Unity 2017 on patch 14), but not the same as A17 on PC (which is Unity 2018):

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?85260-07-11-Message-from-the-Team-Progress-update&p=825564&viewfull=1#post825564

Or was there an updated message somewhere that I missed?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
At that time, that was the most current version of Unity for the console. The switch from 2017 to 2018 would be pretty simple.

Not always the case sadly as someone that works IT for a living. Remember Win10 platforms will have different code requirements than the Xbox and PS4 and porting things will require a lot of testing which TFP doesn't seem to have a lot of experience on with consoles. I'd love to see them hook up with Iron Galaxy again and get them to assist with updating the game.

Not always the case sadly as someone that works IT for a living. Remember Win10 platforms will have different code requirements than the Xbox and PS4 and porting things will require a lot of testing which TFP doesn't seem to have a lot of experience on with consoles. I'd love to see them hook up with Iron Galaxy again and get them to assist with updating the game.

I'm sure they will when the game goes gold. I'm sure it has been brought up but they are not just paying IG for the port they have to pay to get console publishing rights and so much more so it becomes very expensive. Money they just don't have coming from a small indy company. Getting the rights back cost them a lot already. Sure they have money they could do it I'm sure but at what cost? Them going bankrupt as well? Sadly current gen is what it is and will just have to wait for next gen where they can make money to be able to do what they need to do. But again I'm sure they would be pleased to work with IG and most likely will when the times comes I mean unless they know someone else and work out better business terms with.

• 1 month later...

XBOX1 is pretty much Windows 10. I'm sure its easier to port PC games to XBOX1 then PS4.

I’d like to see them complete the game. “It’s too much to port” how many games for PC have been ported by small companies and have been successful? Tons! If you don’t want to update the game, give it to us no charge or take it off the stores....it’s actually frustrating that gaming companies can do this and not be held legally responsible. It would be like buying a new car and then realizing hey, half the engine is missing. Game is awesome but super disappointed at the devs! Finish what you started! If you did your return on investment would be massive!

I’d like to see them complete the game. “It’s too much to port” how many games for PC have been ported by small companies and have been successful? Tons! If you don’t want to update the game, give it to us no charge or take it off the stores....it’s actually frustrating that gaming companies can do this and not be held legally responsible. It would be like buying a new car and then realizing hey, half the engine is missing. Game is awesome but super disappointed at the devs! Finish what you started! If you did your return on investment would be massive!

Well first of all no physical copies are being sold. Not sure why its being sold digitally still, thats intresting.

However TFP can't finish what they started because they didn't start the PC port. Telltale did and they shut down.

Plenty of small companies HAVE ported sucessful games, but those small companies had employee's that had experience with consoles. TFP do not have that experience, hence why they licensed the game to a 3rd party to release it on console and we saw what happened...

Archived