Who wants dinosaurs? How about subjugating zeds to your will?

Pichii

I know many ppl have asked for husbandry or animal taming... I feel like its all been done- alot.

Know what I cant think of tho? A game that lets you 'tame' or subjugate zombies to do tasks for you.

Kinda like AMCs' the walking dead where they cut off their arms and jaw to make a mobile pack mule?

How about some rudimentary way to use zombies to turn a mill or somthing similar?

Guard-Dog esk zombies?

If yer gona make zed AI smarter... Why not put them to task?

(Hopefully we can avoid the zombie activists out there tho.)

I feel that would be a unique feature and pretty awesome.

These are good ideas, but you inevitably run into technical problems when you have an AI that should follow you. If the world is created by the developers, that's not a problem, but in 7 Days to die you can reshape the whole world around you. So all path calculations have to be done in real time.

With zombies that can avoid your turrets line of fire

Zombies that can reason how and where to attack you (Zombies smart enough to bring down a large building)

and the suicide zeds coming soon;

There is no reason they cannot or should not. Itd be a unique feature that would add some uniqueness to the game.

And sure, ill give you benefit of the doubt and say pack-mule zeds are not an option.

Attack/Defence zeds could be.

Zombies or 'creatures' that harvest minor amounts of resources on their own could be.

Could use a pack-mule zed instead in the sense you "disarm" the zed, make it a patsy and then directly tell that zed to take (Items you give it) to special chest for this purpose.

Zombies that dig could also be a thing, considering how good they are at it.

Using a herd of zombies to generate power via mill type structure also possible.

:p

I'd just be happy with a half dozen chickens so I don't need to search for feathers anymore. You could make a mechanic that allows eggs to hatch when placed near a camp fire to keep them warm. Place in chest near heat source and you end up with a chicken in your chest. Then drag them out and drop them into your coop area.

2047968518_chickencoop.jpg.5fb2bb4dc2f8d5901831a9aec9ecaf78.jpg

[...]

(I'll respond to this as if this was meant as a real idea and not a funny troll)

Meanwhile MM:

"Bridges are ressource explensive!"

"Bandits need 4-5 more alphas!"

"Lockpicking was delayed 3 Alphas!"

"Electricity will maybe get an update after 4 alphas!"

"Water will be reworked... someday... maybe"

I think they are way WAY overencumbered already with features.

"Taming" zombies is the absolute last idea and should probably just be a mod.

They were already talking about taming wolves.... Soo uhh yeah... They did just update to a new engine and are swamped but this is still a solid idea- mod or vanilla.

lmao. Feathers are everywhere bud. Just look. x'D

Legit take a bike out and drive in a stright line looking for nests. They added MORE of them in A17 because ppl complained about feathers enough.

Archived