Hey TFP, is posting about the xray glitch like beating a dead horse?

RyanX

This completely ruins the multiplayer PVP servers afaic. The only reason I play 7 days anymore is for the PVP servers. Griefers gonna grief, I know, but FIX IT PLEASE. Those of us who aren't acting like 12 year olds and using these glitches are tired of the dbags that think they are bada$$ because they used xray to find our bases. I surmise that this probably can't be fixed based on the graphics engine.

Shame...

This game has such HUGE promise but so much game breaking issues.

Can we fix PvP issues when the game is ready? And keep the focus on SP/Coop like it was promised?

Finding and eliminating instances where entities clip into voxels is a voxel engine game issue and not a PvP issue. Since they promised this would be a voxel game they really need to know when another instance is found.

Keep the focus on SP/coop? Hasn't it always been? It happens in SP/coop also and can be used to break the buried treasure quests. I can clip through at will and know exactly where the treasure is. Is it too much to ask for this one thing in pvp? Yikes! Part of the problem in explaining it is it happens so spontaneously that it's hard to know exactly how it happens sometimes. It's always the result of digging and moving around in tight spaces then BAM there you are looking underground. Many players know how to make this happen at will and it's abused. This -one-single-issue- is the bane of pvp and indeed many many people leave over it. My last pvp server teammate left the game after we were raided because someone used this technique. I'm not ready to go without pushing for this to be fixed. I'm not sure why it seems to be treated as a small issue. It's game breaking. And this IS a PvP game AS WELL. Otherwise there wouldn't be pvp features in it. If it's not intended to be pvp then let us know and take those features out. I suppose I could explain reproduction steps to someone in a PM but I sure ain't gonna post how to do it in public forums. Besides, I don't even know all the ways to do it, just one. And others out there know many other ways to do it, and abuse it.

Keep the focus on SP/coop? Hasn't it always been? It happens in SP/coop also and can be used to break the buried treasure quests. I can clip through at will and know exactly where the treasure is. Is it too much to ask for this one thing in pvp? Yikes! Part of the problem in explaining it is it happens so spontaneously that it's hard to know exactly how it happens sometimes. It's always the result of digging and moving around in tight spaces then BAM there you are looking underground. Many players know how to make this happen at will and it's abused. This -one-single-issue- is the bane of pvp and indeed many many people leave over it. My last pvp server teammate left the game after we were raided because someone used this technique. I'm not ready to go without pushing for this to be fixed. I'm not sure why it seems to be treated as a small issue. It's game breaking. And this IS a PvP game AS WELL. Otherwise there wouldn't be pvp features in it. If it's not intended to be pvp then let us know and take those features out. I suppose I could explain reproduction steps to someone in a PM but I sure ain't gonna post how to do it in public forums. Besides, I don't even know all the ways to do it, just one. And others out there know many other ways to do it, and abuse it.

Its a losing battle unfortunately, too many people try to take this intangible moral high ground when it comes to regards for pvp vs pve in the sense that most of them legit do not care for our complaints for broken PVP or multiplayer.

While I will never resign myself from that fight as I want to see this game actually fun again not much seems to stem from forum discussion as the majority of players are single player/Co-op PVE'rs with very little sense of multiplayer or PVP concepts, in synopsis our tiny voices become drowned out as the mosh pit of "Entitled" PVE'rs go directly for our throats for even mentioning any problems that are not PVE related.

Its a sad sad situations considering we are tossed on back burner for people who only care about themselves.

There are more pressing problems than simply the X-ray glitch that destroy multiplayer/PVP applications and pretty much no one really seems to care about how we feel about a game that has constantly declined in the game mode we have the most fun in.

Just for the heck of it I went and played with a few exclusively PVE communities to see what would come of it.

It was very very annoying...none of them could understand any of my tactics for dealing with hordes,

ZOMG WHY R U PARKORE AROUND THEE HORDE BASE U NOOB GOD U SUK "

(Even though within just starting within a night I had surpassed all of them in terms of level and zed kill count )

didn't understand efficient base block placements, item management, accessibility and they were mostly all too scared to venture out at night and were mostly horrible shots, Packing some of them with me actually hindered me more than help me

It's like they legit just had no faith or understanding of my skills.

Oh and when I was trying to educate them on certain things that only advanced players would probably know about I was called a smug know it all.

So yea, my perception of PVE Players is not a very bright one considering any team of PVE'rs I've played with just... simply aren't that good because they have never needed to be, this game isn't as hard as you think and the only reason I became so good was due to the online PVP pressure.

Also I got bored after 2 IRL days of playing and sought out a different game.

Would come back too it, for about 5 minutes, then get bored and log back off.

I just legit can't find entertainment in this game's developmental stage and its driving me insane, and when I ask for something very simple so the game is still fun for me (and others like me )in the mean time, its not met with any type of consolation, but ostracism and tyranny.

So arguing with all the PVE'ers about PVP is like playing chess with a pigeon

It doesn't matter how good your point/argument is; the bird is going to take a crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Finding and eliminating instances where entities clip into voxels is a voxel engine game issue and not a PvP issue. Since they promised this would be a voxel game they really need to know when another instance is found.

can we get a list with known instances? I know about eight ways to clip currently, but it would take time to verify and document those for debug usage.

I'd really not want to do it if it's already known bugs :)

Tried the forum search. We do not see eye to eye.

Its a losing battle unfortunately, too many people try to take this intangible moral high ground when it comes to regards for pvp vs pve in the sense that most of them legit do not care for our complaints for broken PVP or multiplayer.

While I will never resign myself from that fight as I want to see this game actually fun again not much seems to stem from forum discussion as the majority of players are single player/Co-op PVE'rs with very little sense of multiplayer or PVP concepts, in synopsis our tiny voices become drowned out as the mosh pit of "Entitled" PVE'rs go directly for our throats for even mentioning any problems that are not PVE related.

Its a sad sad situations considering we are tossed on back burner for people who only care about themselves.

There are more pressing problems than simply the X-ray glitch that destroy multiplayer/PVP applications and pretty much no one really seems to care about how we feel about a game that has constantly declined in the game mode we have the most fun in.

Just for the heck of it I went and played with a few exclusively PVE communities to see what would come of it.

It was very very annoying...none of them could understand any of my tactics for dealing with hordes,

(Even though within just starting within a night I had surpassed all of them in terms of level and zed kill count )

didn't understand efficient base block placements, item management, accessibility and they were mostly all too scared to venture out at night and were mostly horrible shots, Packing some of them with me actually hindered me more than help me

It's like they legit just had no faith or understanding of my skills.

Oh and when I was trying to educate them on certain things that only advanced players would probably know about I was called a smug know it all.

So yea, my perception of PVE Players is not a very bright one considering any team of PVE'rs I've played with just... simply aren't that good because they have never needed to be, this game isn't as hard as you think and the only reason I became so good was due to the online PVP pressure.

Also I got bored after 2 IRL days of playing and sought out a different game.

Would come back too it, for about 5 minutes, then get bored and log back off.

I just legit can't find entertainment in this game's developmental stage and its driving me insane, and when I ask for something very simple so the game is still fun for me (and others like me )in the mean time, its not met with any type of consolation, but ostracism and tyranny.

So arguing with all the PVE'ers about PVP is like playing chess with a pigeon

It doesn't matter how good your point/argument is; the bird is going to take a crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Stop playing with mentally-12 year olds? :)

We run a single player pve game. everyone knows how to clip. yet every treasure has a huge crater accompanied with it because nobody uses clipping for those. What's the point anyhow?

And people who clearly are community-asshats are getting banned. Always accompanied with screams and shouts that we are an unsocial and unfriendly server *g*

What we are is an adult server. It just works.

I doubt any of us would use clipping in pvp apart on accident. it just does not make sense. Winning by glitch is not winning at all and therefore worthless.

can we get a list with known instances? I know about eight ways to clip currently, but it would take time to verify and document those for debug usage.

I'd really not want to do it if it's already known bugs :)

Tried the forum search. We do not see eye to eye.

Just give me a brief description of all eight and I'll talk to one of the QA guys about it. They love to test and verify and document stuff. Feeds their families and puts their kids through college etc.

We run a single player pve game. everyone knows how to clip. yet every treasure has a huge crater accompanied with it because nobody uses clipping for those. What's the point anyhow?

And people who clearly are community-asshats are getting banned. Always accompanied with screams and shouts that we are an unsocial and unfriendly server *g*

I doubt any of us would use clipping in pvp apart on accident. it just does not make sense. Winning by glitch is not winning at all and therefore worthless.

Yeah, so you are exactly the person he was referring to when talking about playing chess with a pigeon. You are the sort of person who doesn't get it.

When the PvP crowd looks for a server, we have to play on public servers because organizing the type of people who like PvP is like herding cats.

Therefore, we who want to PvP get on a server and are immediately surrounded by mental (and actual) 12 year olds. We who want to have a fair server are being left in the cold because TFP is not addressing this aspect of the game.

And damn PvP is so fun and shows so much potential until LEEtHaXxx gets on and cheats to find and destroy your base and steals your loot.

The point is...hey TFP poop or get off the pot. If you have no intention of fixing PvP, why not just remove the player killing option? If you are not going to remove it, how about a statement about what you plan on doing with PvP? The silence on a broken feature seems weird. I mean TFP hasn't said a word about it, it would be great to at least know that they are aware of it.

And to use the "still in development" argument...well...I think most of us are resigned to the fact that it will always be. It's so far from any semblance of a finished product that me and many others play it anyway knowing this and just hope they get to fixing issues important to us.

That makes up the majority of players in almost any community.

You have 12 year olds then you have adult childs lol.

The difference between my skill and theirs is stiffing and they felt threatened by it instead of wanting to learn from it I guess?

Yeah, so you are exactly the person he was referring to when talking about playing chess with a pigeon. You are the sort of person who doesn't get it.

Pretty much. Derp.

When the PvP crowd looks for a server, we have to play on public servers because organizing the type of people who like PvP is like herding cats.

It's even harder than that now with the limitations we have for PVP something no one seems to understand why I am so very against the land claim block change because they have zero concept of player vs player raiding.

Some determined players cannot be stopped with just a few thick blocks and due to the limitations of 1 land claim placement (and in some server cases only 3-5 ect) it is VERY easy to map out another players land claim block, which is the process of finding the build-able tiles in which you can place wooden or rebar frames around, upon knowing the servers land claim radius you can place those frames everywhere at the border of the frame and from there its a simple walk by numbers games and its very easy, this takes you to exactly where the land claim is and from there it can be dug up, you lose that 1 land claim and all of your protection is gone and all of your belongings are now trivialized because the land claim radius is also fairly small.

Pretend O are all the build able wooden frames, X are where you cannot place blocks due to LCB protection radius, and L is the land claim anywhere you cannot build you find the closest you can build and start placing frames around that area just like shown belown, once you map them all out you just use a frame to walk out the middle and count based on whatever the land claim radius is and the server settings tell you what they are.

O O O O O O O O O O

O X X X X X X X X X O

O X X X X X X X X X O

O X X X X X X X X X O

O X X X X L X X X X O

O X X X X X X X X X O

O X X X X X X X X X O

O X X X X X X X X X O

O X X X X X X X X X O

O O O O O O O O O O

So you've mapped them out, now what?

Find your center

O O O O O O O O O

O X X X X X X X X X O

O X X X X X X X X X O

O X X X X X X X X X O

X X X X L X X X X

O X X X X X X X X X O

O X X X X X X X X X O

O X X X X X X X X X O

O X X X X X X X X X O

O O O O O O O O O O

So now you've found your center blocks, now what? Well its a simple game of counting inwards now based on the land claim radius for that server

O O O O O 1 O O O O

O O O O O 2 O O O O

O X X X X X 3 X X X O

O X X X X X 4 X X X O

O X X X X X 5 X X X O

1 2 3 4 5 L 7 8 9 10

O X X X X X 7 X X X O

O X X X X X 8 X X X O

O X X X X X 9 X X X O

O X X X X X 10 X X X O

O O O O O O O O O O

This is something you simply won't know if you have never played on a pvp server and why we cannot have only a single land claim active for pvp.

This is just a rough draft I currently don't have a way to actually show in video how to do this but this is how we find other players land claims and remove them so we uncover base protection. And the forums keeps auto centering the diagram so I would need to draw one out and post that as an image to really relay what I mean, or to make a video about it.

This is why we NEED unlimited land claims back for multiplayer/Online

Having smaller land claim radius and more land claims gave us more effective land claim protection because instead of having to dig out only a single land claim they would have to locate several, (In my case my most was about 366 land claims because I would overlap in multiple levels and place "Red Herring" Claims to trap the player or waste time. Its the difference between keeping your base from being raided, or being raided clean.

So they dig out one, the amount of the base that is now "Free" to build in and scale around to circumvent defenses is MUCH smaller than this way, players had to really work to get into your base, right now its a serious joke. There is hardly no way to protect your base and the only competitive way is to do a Bedrock to Skyblock tower base, which if everyone is forced to build the same way, thats so damn boring and limiting creatively

If I worked hard on my base for several irl hours I should have the ability to protect it for just as long as I worked on it, regardless of its design as long as the design is solid.

Therefore, we who want to PvP get on a server and are immediately surrounded by mental (and actual) 12 year olds. We who want to have a fair server are being left in the cold because TFP is not addressing this aspect of the game.

This is also true, I can't tell you how my adult babies I've had to deal with especially when I raided them and they rage quit because of it.

Or killed.

And damn PvP is so fun and shows so much potential until LEEtHaXxx gets on and cheats to find and destroy your base and steals your loot.

The competitive nature of PvP demands a lot from players, in such when you play PVP you will become a better player to the point PVE becomes a joke.

Also yes, its very fun :D

The point is...hey TFP poop or get off the pot. If you have no intention of fixing PvP, why not just remove the player killing option? If you are not going to remove it, how about a statement about what you plan on doing with PvP? The silence on a broken feature seems weird. I mean TFP hasn't said a word about it, it would be great to at least know that they are aware of it.

The excuse is always PVE> PVP because that was their original intention and they want to stay true to it, but I don't think that is a good reason to leave pvp in the sad state its in right now, tossing a little love to those patient actually shows that patience will reward those that wait instead of all the waiting being turned into you being forgotten about.

And to use the "still in development" argument...well...I think most of us are resigned to the fact that it will always be. It's so far from any semblance of a finished product that me and many others play it anyway knowing this and just hope they get to fixing issues important to us.

Yep, this, its been what.. 6 years? I don't think we will ever see a Beta release for this game much less a full one. After 6 years there should be enough substance to last players through MANY hours of content, instead its the same content that is just stretched out behind arbitrary level gates, more than tedious resource grinding, and dungeon POI's that have cheap enemy placement with an game stage that makes it less worth to explore than to sit at base and craft everything, which is also pretty boring.

The other excuse is also "Mod it" or "Its a PVE Game"

Also bad excuses, modding should make a fun game more fun, or awesome. Not actually make it playable.

Also you should never tell your players to play something else.

And never tell people its a pve game when PVP is certainly an option.

MM has stated multiple times in the forums that pvp will get some love at a later time once the game is more polished. He had his reasons, to find them search through his posts. You must have patience.

We have been patient for 6 + years , do you not understand why we are getting upset due to the increased degradation of PVP over these 6 years?

It's even harder than that now with the limitations we have for PVP something no one seems to understand why I am so very against the land claim block change because they have zero concept of player vs player raiding.

I'd submit that a player using a lcb on a pvp server has "zero concept of player vs player raiding".

We have been patient for 6 + years , do you not understand why we are getting upset due to the increased degradation of PVP over these 6 years?

Well considering PvP was never intended to be present in the game in the first place....

Also how have you been getting upset for 6 years, when the PvP mechanic has barely been in the client for more than 5?

• 1 month later...
Waiting...

I have posted this in the A17 bugs in the announcements area 2 months ago...surprised you never saw it :3.

It isnt guaranteed that it is exactly where u place a door, sometimes u have to place 25 in a row and it wont work, place 25 in a row on the same spots but rotated around it will work.

Apparently this also works with hatches but have yet to find out how. Also people have talked of making turrets clip....so literally makes raiding impossible if they have the gas for it or a decent solar system at bedrock with a light shaft going from the top in the centre.

Really needs a fix before a18 releases...especially seeing i posted it 2 months ago and it was seen :p

Wait, is there a nude hack I dont know about? Are the physics accurate?

Step by step: after getting out of the shower just step right out and test this by goin to mail box. If nobody looks funny at you or honks the horn when they drive by try again.... okay so now go straight to computer turn game on and there ya go all hanging out while you play. 👍👌

Step by step: after getting out of the shower just step right out and test this by goin to mail box. If nobody looks funny at you or honks the horn when they drive by try again.... okay so now go straight to computer turn game on and there ya go all hanging out while you play. 

You can even test out the physics directly. It's great!

Waiting...

If you still need reproduction steps let me know. I have a method that I use for clipping in order to find burried treasure. I never submitted a bug report due to hundreds having reported "clipping" bug.

My method all you need is a tool to dig a tiny hole and 1...ramp block. whatever its called. a block at an angle.

Archived