I don't appear to be getting a day 7 hord

ElCabong

First day 7 hord, with a17 :)

I'm not getting the warnings, should be up to my eyeballs in Z's now.

go back to the game menu, click load and check your current game.

Is the blood moon enabled?

Is there a range of days (if there is it might come another day) ?

Do you use any mods?

Blood moon is 7 days and range is 7 days? I have never used it but isn't range suppose to be set if you want the BM to be within a certain amount of time of the 7th day. So with a range of 7 it could happen within day 7 to 14?

I think if you want the BM to be on Day 7, Day 14, Day 21, etc then range has to be 0

Blood moon is 7 days, the range is seven days

ahhh this is your problem.

Basicially what this does (as Gamida already explained, although if I am not misinformed it is +- not only +) is that the medium intervall of hordes is 7 days.

But the range makes it so that it could happen 7days before or 7 days after.

Basicially Day 1-14 is fair game. And once there was a horde, it starts over the same (say day 13 was the horde it might happen between day 14 and day 27)

What you want (if you want a predictable horde) to have the range on 0.

This means every 7th day, there will be a horde.

Range is actually a nice feature for experienced players, since it introduces a randomness factor where you can't always plan out your cycle (day 1 finding a poi, day 2 farming, day 3 exploration, day 4 upgrading, ...) since you never know when the next horde will strike.

But for new players, setting it to 0 is prefered.

Have fun ^_^

Viktoriusiii, I was thinking same thing but when you mouse over the info for range it says...

"Set a random range that blood moons will happen. 0 is off.

3 would mean a blood moon can happen up to 3 days later than normal"

I was also thinking what happens if you put in a larger number than 7. Will it then happen from day 1 to day 20 if you put 13 in there. I think there needs to be a bit more explanation on how it works exactly.

Viktoriusiii, I was thinking same thing but when you mouse over the info for range it says...

I was also thinking what happens if you put in a larger number than 7. Will it then happen from day 1 to day 20 if you put 13 in there. I think there needs to be a bit more explanation on how it works exactly.

I have a 5 day range... and I am certain that I got one after 3 days...

MAYBE I misremember... its over a month ago now... but I'm fairly certain I was incredibly surprised by how early it came.

But yeah... official confirmation/explanation or code scouting would be nice :D

Archived