A16 upgrade wood log spike to polished steel?

delukard

hi guys is there a way to upgrade wood log spike to polished steel? (the ones that look like a cone)

also is there a way to upgrade wood spikes all the way to steel or polished steel and jailed doors?

and would they have more hp?

i play pretty much single player and would like to have a fortress

can this be done and how. or can someone do this for me?

i just want the upgrade path

thanks anyone that replies to this post

Bdubyah said it. It's already done. In vanilla they don't really do more damage just have a few more hit points. You can change that in the XML if you want but you CAN indeed upgrade from the wooden spike to the stainless one.

would like to upgrade to stainless steel (both spikes and jail door)

Sorry, the jail door doesn't upgrade natively but you could technically make a duplicate block in the XML, name it stainless steel jail door, make the normal jail door upgradable to it, and give it stainless stats... As for textures and meshes... No idea how to do that yet, still learning myself

Sorry, the jail door doesn't upgrade natively but you could technically make a duplicate block in the XML, name it stainless steel jail door, make the normal jail door upgradable to it, and give it stainless stats... As for textures and meshes... No idea how to do that yet, still learning myself

hi man, ty for the reply.

i downloaded a modlet that makes the jail door. i know that i could just up the hp and done with it. but i would love to balance it. (i play single player only) so i was thinking of trying to upgrade it to polished or stainless steel(forgot the name im on mobile)

so i just copy the recipe and what could i add?

also i would like to upgrade to at least steel the skipe iron trap. (the vanilla one) how can i do that?

BTW i dont care about the textures.

Just copy the normal jail door block. Rename it to something else, say Jail Door Steel or something.

Then, on the original jail door, add

<property class="UpgradeBlock">
	<property name="ToBlock" value="Jail Door Steel"/>
	<property name="Item" value="resourceScrapIron"/>
	<property name="ItemCount" value="12"/>
	<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="4"/>
</property>

to it. You can change the Item and ItemCount to determine what you need to upgrade it, and how much of it. Then on Jail Door Steel, add in

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="Jail Door"/>

so that when the steel one breaks, it won't just disappear, but will revert to the original one. Unless of course you'd rather it break.

You will also probably want to change the Material on the Jail Door Steel to Msteel so that it has more HP. Not really necessary though.

Just copy the normal jail door block. Rename it to something else, say Jail Door Steel or something.

Then, on the original jail door, add

<property class="UpgradeBlock">
	<property name="ToBlock" value="Jail Door Steel"/>
	<property name="Item" value="resourceScrapIron"/>
	<property name="ItemCount" value="12"/>
	<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="4"/>
</property>

to it. You can change the Item and ItemCount to determine what you need to upgrade it, and how much of it. Then on Jail Door Steel, add in

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="Jail Door"/>

so that when the steel one breaks, it won't just disappear, but will revert to the original one. Unless of course you'd rather it break.

You will also probably want to change the Material on the Jail Door Steel to Msteel so that it has more HP. Not really necessary though.

wow. ty for the help!

Archived