Dead Zone

I'm sure this has been asked time and again but I can't find a great answer no matter where I look. I would like to increase the "No Spawn" zone of the LandClaim OR the bedroll (preferably the Keystone Block).

I cam across a situation where I revisited one of my old saves where I had set up in one of those military bases (white stone wall, barbed wire, two towers, tent, mess hall, and barracks) and during the blood moon there were enemies spawning INSIDE my walls. I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

Any ideas how to do this? I'm not opposed to messing with files other than the XMLs, I just don't know where to look.

In the multiplayer settings, you could change the Claim Size setting.

Default is 41 blocks but you can go up to 71.

It also works on single player.

I think this should prevent spawning in the area as well but don't quote me on that. :)

That's what I was running into. Claim size does not effect spawning, only other characters building. Thanks, I'll just mess with it and see if I can find a way. I'm looking at doing an underground base with a funnel style tunnel for horde night and wanted to make sure they wouldn't spawn down inside my main tunnels. I'll just put lots of redundant doors and turrets.

Archived