Pethfinding issues between games

Morningstar

So I made a build in a god mode world to test out pathfinding . It was a 6 high kill corridor with ramp at the end leading under the actual corridor underground . Where I had crafting /farm / living quarters

The creative mode version worked perfectly . No matter where I was underneath they would still path the corridor to get to me . I even had the landing as iron bars I could shoot at them from at the top of the corridor or down below .

Went into a real game to start this in a legit way, by day 6 I had it built exactly as I did in creative mode. Only difference is reinforced concrete in legit and concrete in creative

The real game version did not path the same way . They simply tried to break through the bottom under the corridor drop point . Does the AI change or something

Perhaps , someone else suggested the block difference caused it but the path itself is a ramp from top to underground with no obstructions

It is enfuriating , I do 2 hour days and was on day 6 when I finished and tested, spent almost all of day 7 going back between creative and survival world making sure the build was exact and still couldn’t find the missing flaw

Landing as iron bars..

Was there a clear path, or would they have to break through the iron bars to get to you? If they'd have to break iron bars (2500 HP, iron modifiers), they might see it more difficult to break through than a simple layer of concrete (also 2500 HP), as opposed to a reinforced one (5000 HP). Then they would path thru the concrete. Not sure if digging is THAT optimized, but at least in theory :)

Other than that, one easy difference to overlook is spikes and other traps, they seem to be counted a bit funny for pathing. For example, the standard spikes are mostly counted as a block - so if you place a spike on top of a staircase/ramp up, the zombies may not see it as walkable. Ramps and stairs themselves seem to be a bit odd as well.

Small suggestion: A picture does say more than a thousand words. You can easily make screenshots with F9 (the pictures are stored in the .../7 Days to Die/Screenshots folder). And upload them with the "Manage Attachements" button in the Reply page.

Archived