Can anyone identify this HUD and tell me where to find it?

I've been looking all over, for this particular HUD, but only gotten close to it. There are claims that it's in the "Live Free or Die" mod but, unfortunately, i downloaded it (on several sites) and the actual files weren't in the mod to support it.

The HUD is shown on this link.

https://ibb.co/7nxR4ww

What i would like to do is find the author (or someone) and see if it can be updated. It's just such a clean and well-made HUD that i would love to use it.

Honestly, what happened to all the super-cool "graphical" HUDs? And 7D2D showed screen-shots with a HUD that had radar in the lower left corner. What happened to all that?

It was cool.

It looks familiar but I couldn't say which one it is. Although someone did make a mod where the ui looked like the older version of the game and I think it looked similar to that if it is not it.

Sorry.

I did look online and that UI is used in A9. Not sure if it was used in later ones. A10, A11 etc

It looks familiar but I couldn't say which one it is. Although someone did make a mod where the ui looked like the older version of the game and I think it looked similar to that if it is not it.

Sorry.

I did look online and that UI is used in A9. Not sure if it was used in later ones. A10, A11 etc

It's just a shame HUDs (lately) look so much the same. It's like that old-school sense of style has been lost over time. Most HUDs now are just variations of one main design and they just swap it up. Don't get me wrong, i love info but there's always room for a sense of style.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like N2N1's HUD.

Yeah and most of his downloads are dead where i followed the link. I wish there was some kind of "guide" on how to design these that was a little more laymen's.

In the picture you have a screenshot of the original GUI from Alphas before A13.

My GUI is similar to him, but he is not a HUD - it is a complete GUI.

And so, as a separate mod it no longer exists and it is part of the mod "Classic Style Hardcore".

Interest in this GUI was not observed so i threw it as a separate mod.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?38450-CLASSIC-Style-Mod&highlight=classic+style

///

Honestly, what happened to all the super-cool "graphical" HUDs? And 7D2D showed screen-shots with a HUD that had radar in the lower left corner. What happened to all that?

It was cool.

Man :) people don't think it's important anymore. Look what they're happy about now...

In the picture you have a screenshot of the original GUI from Alphas before A13.

And so, as a separate mod it no longer exists and it is part of the mod "Classic Style Hardcore".

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?38450-CLASSIC-Style-Mod&highlight=classic+style

Man :) people don't think it's important anymore. Look what they're happy about now...

Xyth & Sphereii told me you had an awesome HUD and to ask you if you had one updated to 17.4, i just wasn't sure if you were going to be on and looking anytime soon. That old, graphical hud just looked so clean and so cool (with the glass cylinder-like effects) and it had RADAR on it....that was awesome. I dunno why they would get rid of it. Did it cause some major lag or something?

Can you drop me a link to yours?

I just looked at my old screenshots and it was definitely used in A9 and A10, not sure about A8 though. A11 used a different UI.

A10.4 UI:

E325024BCD338CA0D73D7C100FBB2378149A1992

I just looked at my old screenshots and it was definitely used in A9 and A10, not sure about A8 though. A11 used a different UI.

A10.4 UI:

E325024BCD338CA0D73D7C100FBB2378149A1992

Those GUIs just seem so much superior than these xml ones that just kinda get by. Now, the one above, it's compass wasn't all that impressive but i've seen others. The GUI with the radar was just amazing.

One thing i've noticed about this game (and thank god for modders) is that the main coders will just throw something away they don't want anymore even if we love it. This GUI, certain game elements, they just can them because they don't think they should be in the game anymore. I'll see a mod that says "This used to be in the game so i'm bringing it back" and i think crap, they are right.

This GUI should be an optional piece of code, that could be added with SDX, if a player wants. I know it would probably clash with the major overhauls but i can live without most of them seeing as how %50 of what they have comes from other modders stuff anyway. This GUI would make an excellent mod. And i've seen a few other modders code in similar GUIs so it's obvious it can be done.

This guy, who made mods for Minecraft, did a genius thing: He just made a GUI interface with EVERYTHING you could think of then made every piece with the option to use/not use every element and move it and place it around the screen to where you wanted it. That HUD GUI became my favorite because it made me feel like i was doing the actual customization.

Xyth & Sphereii told me you had an awesome HUD and to ask you if you had one updated to 17.4, i just wasn't sure if you were going to be on and looking anytime soon. That old, graphical hud just looked so clean and so cool (with the glass cylinder-like effects) and it had RADAR on it....that was awesome. I dunno why they would get rid of it. Did it cause some major lag or something?

///

Yes, improvement for GUI is still going on, and almost always at the actual version. I just do not consider A17 as a full-fledged game and do not do the main mod for it.

I think the main reason for replacing the old GUI is that they wanted a flexibly adjustable GUI to meet the frequently changing requirements in each new Alpha. In addition - the new GUI has the ability to be modded.

Moreover, it turned out - people just enough gray squares framed by a border :D.

No performance issues with the old GUI of course was not - on the contrary - it was more responsive and lightweight.

////

Can you drop me a link to yours?

As i said - i do not have a separate GUI now, it is closely intertwined with the main mod.

At the moment (for modern Alphas) there are:

- a fully functional version of the mod "Classic Style Hardcore" for A16,

- and a prototype for A17.4 which has only the functionality that i could continue to work on the content for A18 (gameplay there can not be)

I just don't quite understand what you want, because it seems to me that you need only GUI, but i have only is a full-fledged mod which significantly changes the whole gameplay and the general direction of modern 7dtd.

I'm a collector of old things :).

PS: About mini-map(radar). (...you're not talking about the compass?).

Returning it to the HUD without changing .dll was impossible (before A17).

(As far as i remember, at the same time it was not functional the main map)

Perhaps, now that the change but i not tested.

Yes, improvement for GUI is still going on, and almost always at the actual version. I just do not consider A17 as a full-fledged game and do not do the main mod for it.

I think the main reason for replacing the old GUI is that they wanted a flexibly adjustable GUI to meet the frequently changing requirements in each new Alpha. In addition - the new GUI has the ability to be modded.

Moreover, it turned out - people just enough gray squares framed by a border :D.

No performance issues with the old GUI of course was not - on the contrary - it was more responsive and lightweight.

As i said - i do not have a separate GUI now, it is closely intertwined with the main mod.

At the moment (for modern Alphas) there are:

- a fully functional version of the mod "Classic Style Hardcore" for A16,

- and a prototype for A17.4 which has only the functionality that i could continue to work on the content for A18 (gameplay there can not be)

I just don't quite understand what you want, because it seems to me that you need only GUI, but i have only is a full-fledged mod which significantly changes the whole gameplay and the general direction of modern 7dtd.

I'm a collector of old things :).

PS: About mini-map(radar). (...you're not talking about the compass?).

Returning it to the HUD without changing .dll was impossible (before A17).

(As far as i remember, at the same time it was not functional the main map)

Perhaps, now that the change but i not tested.

As i said, Xyth & Sphereii sent me in your direction when i mentioned i wanted the old-style GUI so i'm here asking. I wasn't aware it wasn't just a HUD until you said so. You kinda answered my post as if i were asking the same thing several different times even though you quoted from two different messages, which is no problem. I was just given the impression you had the HUD i was looking for, that's all.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they just can't make up their minds on anything.

Mis-informed individuals often make jokes when they really don't know exactly what they're commenting on :rapture:, it's a common thing (in forums) when people attempt to look witty because of a false perception. No worries :tickled_pink:, no offense taken.

Mis-informed individuals often make jokes when they really don't know exactly what they're commenting on :rapture:, it's a common thing (in forums) when people attempt to look witty because of a false perception. No worries :tickled_pink:, no offense taken.

Is this a jab at me? Cuz I think my rep and seniority speaks for itself.

Also, when I said "they can't make up their minds", I was referring to devs. They've changed the same things over and over so many times I lost count.

Is this a jab at me? Cuz I think my rep and seniority speaks for itself.

Also, when I said "they can't make up their minds", I was referring to devs. They've changed the same things over and over so many times I lost count.

Ah well, it seemed as if you were after me when N2N1 said he didn't understand really what i was asking for. After 30+ years of seeing posters commenting on things, it's harder to tell who's talking about who. I think i would have understood better if you had said, "Devs really can't make up their minds" lol. In the 80s, it was common to have someone throw in comments (that had nothing to do with anything being side) just to look witty. And, in all honesty, those typical types haven't gotten any better over the years.

You have my apologies.

But, honestly, (and i'm being genuine) i had really never heard of you until you responded....All jokes aside, i've never seen you post anywhere i've read on here. Lol, i suppose we just never crossed paths.

No, i don't have a separate GUI-mod/modlet. I thought it was clear after my post:

/////

////

but it is possible that i did some grammatical mistakes through the translator. I'm sorry if it's write wrong.

English is not my native language.

No, i don't have a separate GUI-mod/modlet. I thought it was clear after my post:

but it is possible that i did some grammatical mistakes through the translator. I'm sorry if it's write wrong.

English is not my native language.

It was clear, no worries.

We tried to pull on minimap to HUD. It happened - but, the main map did not work then.

It was somewhere, in the 2015-2016y...probably.

After - i didn't try again. But i've seen, guys make it in the form of a Hand Compass (hand items) with sdx.

We tried to pull on minimap to HUD. It happened - but, the main map did not work then.

It was somewhere, in the 2015-2016y...probably.

After - i didn't try again. But i've seen, guys make it in the form of a Hand Compass (hand items) with sdx.

Believe it or not, i would pay money for a HUD like that:smile-new:

In the near future i do not plan to understand this, but i should note that very often many people want to get back the minimap. I hope that someone will do it finally. I am always ready to share my experience in the areas that i know.

I think (for myself), if you need something - the only option is to learn how to do it yourself or give it up.

(i mean - not necessarily to find out independently, but to learn from others how to do it)

The reason for this - frequent changes coming with each Alphas, and always need to redo everything under the new.

So the mods for the money - do not have vitality.

Archived