Staying at the trader

Dimpy

Madmole said that there'd be a 5000 duke fee to stay in a White River settlement during the blood moon. I thought I'd create a thread for it.

Here's what I imagine the trader stays to look like:

White river settlements have a dedicated horde base right next to the main compound that has cramped quarters, and can handle the load of about 10 NPCs/PCs worth of zombies. In order to get in, you have to buy a Ticket. You can buy a ticket any time during the seven days leading up to the horde, but as time progresses, the tickets will randomly be bought up by NPCs. The more people who bought tickets, the more they cost by supply and demand (also because stronger hordes are more expensive to deal with). However, if only a few people buy tickets and it's a few hours till horde night, the price drops dramatically (to 1000 dukes?). This doesn't keep you from needing a strong base, but it also gives the opportunity to save a lot of ammo/building materials sometimes.

You can buy tickets for your party members, and can potentially screw over your enemies by buying up all the tickets and forcing them to survive on their own or pay huge sums of money.

I like the idea of reserved space. That would hysterical in MP. If it was PVP, it might be bad that enemies know you're staying there though. I don't know how that would play out. Even without the reserved places I still wonder how that would play out. Could enemies be waiting for you to come out with an M60?

Well, the PvP aspect could be integrated with the reputation system. So if you murder someone in the bunker, you get kicked out and lose massive amounts of valuable reputation with the settlements, which drastically increases prices. If the person wasn't liked very well, maybe you could get away with it.

I hope that both, the number of free places and the price, can be set by the server operator.

On a PvP server one could keep the places scarce and the prices high. On a co-op server you can make sure that every player who wants a place gets one and that the prices are low.

I hope that both, the number of free places and the price, can be set by the server operator.

On a PvP server one could keep the places scarce and the prices high. On a co-op server you can make sure that every player who wants a place gets one and that the prices are low.

Yeah that works. It might be better to allow server Ops to make their own rentable horde shelters so you don't get clown-car White River bases on populated servers.

Archived