A new source for Nitrate Powder

Good afternoon everyone!

Have you ever heard of "Nitre Beds" ? It is basically hay or plant fiber mixed with soil and turds or urine. Then left a few months to compost which will create nitrate salts which is then strained through with water then boiled down to evaporate leaving Potassium Nitrate. Widely used in the 1800s, the American Revolutionary war.

https://docsouth.unc.edu/imls/lecontesalt/leconte.html

So when converting into the game,

Combine plant fiber, Turd and murky water which will create a hay bale like block darker in color after 3-5 days waiting, punch to harvest maybe around 30 units of nitrate fiber then boil down in Science Table with grain alcohol or water to create nitrate powder which will yield also 30 units of nitrate powder!

tell me what ya think guys!

i wish i knew coding and modding etc. i would have done it for you guys

i just love this game so much!

no it can be done, just beause the middle ingediant is used for something, no reason it can't be used for something else, i used to be able to do any combination on the xmls in 16.4, custom icons lots of food/items new

i havent learnt the new modlets yet, otherwise i would of coded it

Except turds are out, and I'm happy about that. Maybe rotten meat, but like Oz said, I've got other uses for that. And given that mining underground leads to some huge nitrate deposits, I need coal more then nitrate. Time to head to the burned area again....

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback!

- - - Updated - - -

Coal is even easier! Well charcoal more of you can make it by charring wood inside a metal box with a few wholes in it for gas pressure to escape. I have actually made charcoal before in a tin can it really works!

Isn't the burnt forest supposed to have coal as its main resource, while the snow biome has nitrate? With smaller quantities of other resources present (which means you can indeed still find nitrate in the burnt forest)? Or did this all change recently?

Check the in-game journal mining section. It should tell the common resource for each biome. All ores have a chance to be found everywhere, but the common resource for that biome should be found near bedrock, IIRC.

In some modded servers nitrate powder was made with similar ingredients in the cement mixer albeit very slowly.

I suspect we could generate coal too,maybe in a slow burning furnace that attracts zombies.

Also if anyone wonders ,materials that are processed on a composter passively generate heat. It would be cool to throw waste items inside a composter and let it turn into fertilizer with the danger of attracting zombies.

Archived