eac_server.so [x64] stopping server

SgtThompson

Whenever I try to launch the server on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, it starts to run, shows eac_server.so [x64] :: OnLoad(), then eac_server.so [x64] :: OnUnLoad() and stops.

~/.steam/steamcmd/7dtd_server$ ./startserver.sh -configfile=serverconfig-custom.xml -dedicated
Using config file: serverconfig-custom.xml
eac_server.so [x64] :: OnLoad()
eac_server.so [x64] :: OnUnload()

I've set the EAC setting to false in the xml, so I'm not sure why it's trying to run EAC at all. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to resolve it?

Whenever I try to launch the server on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, it starts to run, shows eac_server.so [x64] :: OnLoad(), then eac_server.so [x64] :: OnUnLoad() and stops.

~/.steam/steamcmd/7dtd_server$ ./startserver.sh -configfile=serverconfig-custom.xml -dedicated
Using config file: serverconfig-custom.xml
eac_server.so [x64] :: OnLoad()
eac_server.so [x64] :: OnUnload()

I've set the EAC setting to false in the xml, so I'm not sure why it's trying to run EAC at all. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to resolve it?

I've seen this a lot, and it's almost always because of something in serverconfig.xml that it does not like. Try it with a stock serverconfig.xml and see if it starts.

Then, do like Sylen said, and put it in its own directory somewhere, like /srv//7d2d_server or whatever.

Post your serverconfig-custom.xml file so we can see it.

Your second parameter, -dedicated. I'm looking at my startserver.sh, and it does not take that parameter. -dedicated is hard coded. That should not cause the problem, though, I think it will just ignore.

I would recommend not running the server from inside of a hidden folder. I would also recommend running it from it's own user folder, instead of from inside steamcmd.

If you're new to setting up a server on Linux, I highly recommend LGSM.

Sorry for the delay, work's been hell this week.

It looks like something wasn't playing nice with the config file. I copied an existing config file that was working previously and modified it to create a new config file. I'm guessing something must have changed between then and now because none of those configs work anymore.

I copied the default config file and made the changes I wanted to make and ran it again. It appears to be working now; however, I do have a lot of questions:

• This is essentially a private server for me and my friends, so I don't really want the added expense of a hosted server. For the most part, hosting it myself hasn't been too problematic, but my friends sometimes can't connect unless I connect to the server first. I added the dedicated flag at the suggestion of another user, but it doesn't appear to have worked. What is the proper way to do it?
  • Is it possible to set up the zombie speed independently like you can if you host it from the client?
  • What problems could arise from running it inside a hidden folder? I installed it via steamcmd, and that's where it went (I don't know if that's something I can control).
  • If I wanted to move it outside of the hidden steamcmd folder, how do I update the server?

This is something of a side-project for me, so I don't mind if I have to jump through hoops to get it to work. If there are other resources for how to get this set up properly, I'm happy to read through them.

[*]This is essentially a private server for me and my friends, so I don't really want the added expense of a hosted server.

I was running my own server for a bit until I realized that it was costing me more in electrictiy than it would cost to rent one. Depends on what box you're using as a server of course.

Archived