Mystery Menu Circles

Jhonmicky

Yes holding down the TAB works.

While we are on this subject ( rant ).

#1 ---- Why the heck are these menus not plainly stated in an easy to find place? I know they were probably meant for console users, but there they are. They just seem to be left out of any documentation.

#2 ---- When finding a Magazine the description simply states that you get the perk when you use it. Don't you think it would be helpful for a more complete description to be added. Like what exactly it does when you read the magazine? Instead you have to exit out of that menu and look up the perk in skills section if you forget.

( Possibly by the TAB/Radial menu if you even knew it was there. )

Yes holding down the TAB works.

While we are on this subject ( rant ).

#1 ---- Why the heck are these menus not plainly stated in an easy to find place? I know they were probably meant for console users, but there they are. They just seem to be left out of any documentation.

#2 ---- When finding a Magazine the description simply states that you get the perk when you use it. Don't you think it would be helpful for a more complete description to be added. Like what exactly it does when you read the magazine? Instead you have to exit out of that menu and look up the perk in skills section if you forget.

( Possibly by the TAB/Radial menu if you even knew it was there. )

#1 Alpha. Bigger fish to fry. Often you get more information on game systems from wikis, youtube, and forums than you do ingame tooltips because those things are the final polishing up tasks to do at the end. I mean why put in a polished set of tooltips for things that might not make the final cut. So if radial menus do make the final cut there will be polished tool tips to help the gamer learn the controls but until then you either do without or discover it yourself or learn about it places like this.

#2 Irrelevent. Magazines are on the way out. The entire magazine feature with how it works is getting scrapped. The menu for books and schematics and the benefits they give you has been redesigned for A18. This is actually a good example of why they don't put too much effort into polished tooltips for things that might end up going bye bye.

#1 Alpha. Bigger fish to fry. Often you get more information on game systems from wikis, youtube, and forums than you do ingame tooltips because those things are the final polishing up tasks to do at the end. I mean why put in a polished set of tooltips for things that might not make the final cut. So if radial menus do make the final cut there will be polished tool tips to help the gamer learn the controls but until then you either do without or discover it yourself or learn about it places like this.

#2 Irrelevent. Magazines are on the way out. The entire magazine feature with how it works is getting scrapped. The menu for books and schematics and the benefits they give you has been redesigned for A18. This is actually a good example of why they don't put too much effort into polished tooltips for things that might end up going bye bye.

Well when you put it that way, it makes lots of sense.

I have not been keeping up with what we should expect in A18.

Magazines on the way out? I'm not sad.

Reworking things as usual, that is good. Now I'm starting to get excited to see what develops

Archived