A question for PvP players

Syncrinity

Hey everyone!

I haven't participated in PvP since A16 when underground bases were the goto. You could hide strategically and get stronger with little risk, obviously that isn't a thing anymore.

When you first join a new server, what methods do you use to hide your base? Is underground still the best choice or do you need to put more thought into it now.

Also, how many land claims are you allowed to have now? Can they still be built?

Thank you all

I will go nomad for a wile, and just camp POI's for the first bit. Afterwards I still use the underground base with a hidden hatch, but you have to be careful with the zombies digging.

Land claim limit is on a per-server basis. I think I have mine set to 3 or 4 currently.

Hidden bases underground without a land claim are where it's at, don't be in it when a horde comes.

Also I wouldn't recommend building it under a POI as quests can sometimes reset the POI and it will reset the ground under it all the way to bedrock (this burned me once).

Normally if you are going to do an above ground base you usually build a tower all the way to bedrock with a large open trench that can't be jumped over, typically 5 or so blocks thick with metal spikes at the bottom and lots of turrets all over the place. Just a side note, bedrock towers are a large time and resource investment and can still be compromised.

Archived