GNAMOD HORDE MODE
====== Overview ======
Gnamod Horde Mode is the full on Arcade version of Gnamod where it all resolves around tower defense. In this mode you will spawn near a machine called 'Beacon' that is your only route of escape, or so your poor character thinks. It sends out smoke signals and acts as a radio beacon for airplanes to drop supplies. It also attracts zombies, they just cannot resist punching it. Sadly for you the machine has an unstable nuclear core and to much zombie punches will make it explode and likely take you and your base with it.
As of the release of Gnamod 0.8.0 Horde Mode is back and available for A18.4. Sure it is a bit late as A19 is close but this will be the plan is that the release of 0.8.1 will be for A19 and include all features now present in the mod, including Horde Mode.
The beacon comes with supply caches where you can exchange currency into supplies and equipment. The secret stash contains supplies that are changed daily. Increase your skill in bartering and intelligence to access the better stock and better prices.
Be aware for the first horde that arrives around 2 PM (12 AM on servers). Surround your Beacon with walls, traps and mines and make sure to equip yourself with the best your money can buy. Zombies will drop bags that contain more currency, so keep killing for more supplies.
Horde Mode currently comes with three maps (Easy, Normal, Tough). The Tough map features the Boss Mode POI made by Like A Boss during alpha 17 with some alterations to make if fit with the rest. This POI features sleepers so you will need to fight off enemies right away.
====== Features ======
- Arcade Mode with Beacon to defend.
- Buy supplies from vendors in the Beacon. Store your stuff in the drawers of the Beacon.
- Zombies drop money instead of loot.
- Zombies can see further out and through walls, you cannot hide from the zombies.
- Progressively harder for each day passed as well as gamestaged.
====== Notes & Tips ======
- There are supplies to be found in both the standard tabs as well as the secret stash. Check each of the vendors (3 on each side with their own customized stock). To progress in Horde Mode you will eventually need to invest in Better Barter to unlock better stashes that contain the best materials.
- Horde Mode is resource intensive despite my best efforts. If you run into performance issues you may want to consider reducing settings even if the vanilla game runs fine.
- The command ' gfx pp enable 0 ' will turn off all post processing and can help reduce the load. The mem or memcl (for clients) can free up some memory by calling the garbage collector.
- You can set Bloodmoon hordes to daily for a different kind of experience.