That Other Week Madmole Went Away

Onarr

So giving people options so they customize their gameplay will ruin your fun while you have no obligation to play with same customisation others have. I see.

If I join a server I play with its rules set, not mine. We all do that.

Maybe it ruins it because the devs spent time customizing that option instead of something that i care about. Therefore Id lose out. Only so much dev time available

And then there are people who wanted the different option and devs spend time on your option instead of polishing theirs :)

If I join a server I play with its rules set, not mine. We all do that.

Server settings. But singleplayer? Coop with friends? There are no "server settings" that you do not decide on yourselves.

I mean, as i said, you can build the bunker, but you must protect it at the ground level, you can put spikes, turrets, electric traps, etc.

And I suggest not putting forges in it, remember that screamers detect them and they will dig down to find them. If you put forges in the bunker you must assure that no screamers can dig down (spikes, turrets, etc)

But this sucks. If you put stuff on top it's a giveaway you are underground. The point of having a bunker is being hidden.

- - - Updated - - -

You said you haven't played the game since A14. So, why don't you just play it first, instead of sweating about something you don't know about, or haven't experienced yet.

Here is a tip: TURN OFF THE BLODDMOON HORDE and you don't need to worry about it at all, unless you are making a crap-ton of noise while you are down there.

Tip2: Dig deep enough and you still don't have to worry about it, just like before.

Isnt the Y axis infinite when it comes to they detecting you? which is nonsense

And I was mistaken i did play alpha 16 i think

A17.4 stable: added 7 hours ago on steam

why did it take so long for steam to add 17.4 stable to options? I mean seriously cant we expect basic things to be done right?

its actually bs because for players who never play Latest_experimenal they have been setting around waiting for 17.4 stable to release not knowing they needed to choose Latest_experimenal to get it.

Keep shifting all the attention to a18 and forgetting basic stuff like this is what drives the community nuts.

As long as your bunker is at least 40 blocks down the z's will not detect you. Until horde night then all bets are off, don't stay down there trying to avoid the horde.

I don't think this is true in 17.4. This video shows the zombies detecting and digging down to a base that is >240 blocks deep.

why did it take so long for steam to add 17.4 stable to options? I mean seriously cant we expect basic things to be done right?

its actually bs because for players who never play Latest_experimenal they have been setting around waiting for 17.4 stable to release not knowing they needed to choose Latest_experimenal to get it.

Keep shifting all the attention to a18 and forgetting basic stuff like this is what drives the community nuts.

17.4 has been in stable branch for a while now(3 weeks), I think, though I maybe wrong, that those are simply label updates.

I'm confused.... A17.4S has been out for while now, all you have to do is choose opt out of all beta. I've had it for what, 3 weeks now. with the option "opt out of all beta" selected.

I'm trying to figure this out and now I'm more confused lol.

I know I have had stable for 3 weeks and I'm opted out. yet I just checked and indeed 8 hours ago Public Branch A17.4 Stable was updated but with the same exact build id "3851784" as the experimental. (I know build ID will be the same as experimental when green lighted to switch over to stable) Weird...….

I cannot figure out why it says updated 8 hours ago when clearly it has not been.

Maybe they just added it to the beta list you can dl. *Shrugs*

Edit: nvm I figured it out after looking deeper in to it.

I don't think this is true in 17.4. This video shows the zombies detecting and digging down to a base that is >240 blocks deep.

That's because he messed up his test. If he didn't clip through the terrain, and just stayed in the bunker, they wouldn't have dug. The moment he clipped through the terrain they saw him, which started them digging.

I just tested it on bloodmoon every night for 3 days straight (just to be extra sure), and was cozy every night, with no damage to the terrain on the surface. Bunker was at bedrock.

Edit: Oh! and I used the nave map, so didn't give myself the extra terrain depth.

There is, or was, a limit as to how far they can detect you underground. I'm not exactly sure if it is still the same in A17.4

I think Faatal could best answer the exact range at which players are detected underground.

Everyone I know still likes to make bunkers at the bottom and I told them all find the largest hill or mountain then build your base under it. they never were detected, at least in A17.0-A17.3 (besides horde night)

Next time, can i watch :)

That will cost ya! Unless you bring me some nice specimens!

- - - Updated - - -

Every night after getting home from work I pick up my polycrystaline diorite sitting on my desk...I'm always like "what the heck, why is this thing always wet" Now I know why.

Hehehe!

Yeah.. I break in into people's apartments, just to lick their rocks.

That reminds me; Roland, it's time for you to move, since I've had all the rocks at your current place already.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how far down this rabbit hole I'm willing to go...

That's what I said..

I can say with 100% confidence that in A17.0-A17.3 that this is intentional and is not a bug.

I don't feel like searching through hundreds of posts but I believe it was Faatal who was talking about the exact range at which zombies can detect you. after having read his post, I jumped in game dug deep enough that I past the detection range.

It worked. as far as A17.4 no clue if it has been changed as I have not really played this version all that much.

But the zombie hearing range that faatal was talking about is not necessarily the same as the player hearing range. Crater was referring to another player shooting him with no sound because the other player was out of sound range (correct me if I’m wrong here crater).

It’s quite possible (likely) these are different settings.

But the zombie hearing range that faatal was talking about is not necessarily the same as the player hearing range. Crater was referring to another player shooting him with no sound because the other player was out of sound range (correct me if I’m wrong here crater).

It’s quite possible (likely) these are different settings.

Not just different settings but different people. It was kebab who asked about sound range—not Crater.

But this sucks. If you put stuff on top it's a giveaway you are underground. The point of having a bunker is being hidden.

Well, i've played in an underground bunker in PVP, i solve this problem having a reinforced block of steel/concrete with a claim block and a ♥♥♥♥ ton of spikes, with all my forges inside (this block was located at 300 meters of my hidden bunker). So screamers when that way and die, players didn't even bother in breaking it, and in the bloodmoon horde I fight inside another concrete base designed to melee zombies from the inside.

With your Engineering skills i'm sure you can do it 10 times better than me, but you have to try the new alpha first :)

Archived