7 days to die Wishlist (laugh it up)

ika_bakaku

Welp, here goes!

1. UMA mod support, no not zombies... By god u can mod your own zombies already and it's easy! I mean the CLOTHING UMAs. Make your own armor, clothes, hair, and anything character customizing. So far I've been kinda meh at figuring out how to rig 7 days to die to accept my UMA clothing, even unity asset UMA's to 7 days to die are up in the air.

I get clothing models, more hair and actually NICE looking hair isn't going to be on the devs minds for a LONG time, so why not help us FUNPIMPS help you. Allow us ability to modify the UMA of such things and leave it at that for now. Or if we can already do so, help us where to start without having to create a complete new UMA system just to get it to work.

I came into this all because my A16 skirt_short slot and overlay no longer work in A17, and my attempts have been failure. Months I've tried to resolve this simple issue to no avail, even the forums are saying, if they knew how to make their own UMA for 7d2d they would have already.

Now before I hear "but you dont even see your character, who cares", all gamers are different, but look at Skyrim/GTA5, they got access to modifying the clothes and such and BAM, the mods of neat looking models is endless, cool hair and all. NO gamer can say it's useless, as if it was an option, you'd all be wearing better looking clothes, even if you can't see it :smile-new: (it's just not a priority to devs or most players, why I'm suggesting help in modifying the clothes and add uma models as a modder)

2. Ability to turn off Zombies from attacking vertical (aka digging or attacking above) in the server settings. A lot of ppl I play with refuse to play 7 days to die now that it's a huge issue in destroying their underground base. See most of us want a secure safe spot, but on blood moon, we always fight above ground in our zombie farm base. It kind of sucks most refuse to play with me anymore because of this, and even I'm a bit turned off at this feature. At least give us a setting to turn if off for normal zombies, roaming hoards, and blood moons, having 3 options can give more adjustments in case you are ok with blood hoards digging, just not normal zombies or wandering. Just some food for thought. Also my attempts to turn off vertical in mods has done nothing, guess base game ignores my modifying on that.

3. Stabilize and Balance the New Zombie AI! Oh yea I'm going there, call me what you will, tell me to git gud, but keep in mind, all fans had their own play style of this game, it was a survival game that led people to find their own way of handling the zombie hoards, however every change to Zombie AI has caused less focus on finding your own way to survive, to "THESE are how you SURVIVE, else ur base is crap and git gud!" Devs, please remember that not all players want to build the base youtubers tested as working. Every new alpha that alters the structure of the game this way, I have to roam youtube on, "A16 bases that work, A17 bases that work, A18 bases that work..." This isn't as fun when all the bases that could work before are now a waste of space. I enjoyed most the Alphas up to 17 in which most base ideas are now reduced to, ha git gud and see the latest youtube trends on base building. So please consider that not all gamers are "elitist players" and may miss that freedom of playing how they WANT to, not how the new AI MAKES them play. A lot of ppl may disagree, but I hope they keep in mind that their way of gaming, isnt the only way to GAME. Many play styles, is what makes survival games so fun and enjoyable, even if some camp out blood hoards in the ground, who cares? Let them, it isnt hurting ANYONE ELSE! Also I hope u have a nice lore on why the zombie AI are like "we're the borg, resistance is futile lol" I mean, based on how u coded it, they are kind of 1 hive mind, and that already isn't what typical zombies are, nor how you had them up till now. It's one thing if you want to make zombies that are this way, but to alter all the zombies to be smart AI, is a BIT on the much side of logic.

I feel the biggest issue was the fact all zombies go after the weakest blocks together, which in all sense could be the ENTIRE issue on this new AI, balance that, and less ppl will be unhappy.

4. Keep up the good work, ya that it my only issues, anything else I could mod and that keeps me happy too. I love modding and what not, so all good. I guess my only wishlist is to give players more options to opt out of any changes YOU MAKE. If ppl loved A16 zombos AI, but also love the new features and changes, make that an option to turn off that AI change. Having more options to opt in or out of ANY changes is what will make this game stand out MORE. People can rant and rave all they want about how this is FUNPIMPS game they dont have too and another side whining it's too hard now on easy. OK so just give them the options, end of story, no one need whine, a survival game that caters to all play styles is a WIN WIN. I wish MORE games had OPTIONS, for EVERYTHING OMG yes plz!

----------------------------

TLDR:

-Make zombies stupid again option LOL. SO to appease everyone, just make THAT an option in server settings AS WELL. That way the elitists who want to do away with the casuals can still have their way, but the casuals and non elitists who dislike that addition, can turn it off.

TLDR2:

-Make server options to turn off/on zombie verticle attacking

-Make server options to turn off/on zombie AI pathing to weakest blocks / ganging up together on weak spots

-Make server options to adjust above options for normal zombos, wandering zombos, and blood moon zombos

-Make server options to adjust or turn on/off and future addons to zombie AI, as if you have it built in before launch, this could get rid of any future whining about said new addons if ppl dislike them.

-I just want my short skirt mod to work again! Allow mod access to UMA clothing/hair/character customization. Yea most will say why bother, but it's better than taking the time to make new hair/clothing. Allowing modders to do it for you is far less time/effort, and I doubt anyone would be against it if it was something they could easily do. Especially me who has spent half a year now trying to fid my short skirt mod A17 broke to no avail, and custom UMA mods I make fail to load in 7d2d.. RIP (Skyrim modding spoiled us all!) Or help us figure out HOW to mod those in without breaking 7 days to die, maybe even a built in character uma feature in game, where you can import specific files into 7 days to dies base UMA files, and then can easily mod off codes it gives you for the mesh/overlay, but that would be MORE work not less... sigh.. I'll work with just making it easier to import custom UMA clothing/hair mods, unity asset story has loads of them! I just want to die to zombies in style, or maybe dress up as police officer, or wear a dress like Ada from Parasite Eve and kick ***!:smile-new:

-Keep up the good work, but remember to consider server options each new major change for more customization play styles.

---------------------------

Yea I write a lot and most the time it makes NO sense to others, but I tried to convey my feelings which consists of more than just mine, but my community as well. Aside that I love 7 days to die, I just want to reclaim that feeling it gave me while playing before A17, but the new addons are great, and I love the new graphics and additional changes. If I could mod it back to the way I loved it in A16, I would, but I dont want to play A16, I want to play A17, but with A16 zombies, but not just A16, I kinda of like the work of the AI being less clippy/derpy, but I also want it less OP zombie logic. It's complicated, I could write for days trying to explain, but just know I love the game, A17 is great, but I want to alter the zombies AI in many ways, mods just aren't letting me yet. :smile-new:

Have a good night, and can't wait to see how bad A18 breaks my mods again (sarcasm)

With regards to Zombie AI, the intention is the current AI will go more or less into Bandits, and Zombies will get a "dumbed down" version of it in future, so they'll be more "zombielike" then.

As for digging zombies, it's currently wrapped in their pathfinding code, so turning that off isn't as simple as putting a checkbox into the games setting menu, but I wouldn't surprised if, at some point, turning it off becomes an option the player can select.

With regards to Zombie AI, the intention is the current AI will go more or less into Bandits, and Zombies will get a "dumbed down" version of it in future, so they'll be more "zombielike" then.

As for digging zombies, it's currently wrapped in their pathfinding code, so turning that off isn't as simple as putting a checkbox into the games setting menu, but I wouldn't surprised if, at some point, turning it off becomes an option the player can select.

From a dev standpoint, that makes a lot more sense indeed. Adjust for bandit AI then slap the old Zombie AI on the new system separate. I can see where slapping an option for vertical seems challenging, however the codes are in zombie AI even if in bedded, can easily be turned off once a variable is created that flips them all on or off. Logically if the variable is created already, a switch wouldnt be hard to implement at all. This is why I talked about making the plan for these options BEFORE coding them, that way it wouldnt take much to actually add the options later. For all we know, they already do this, which would save them LOADS of time. :)

Aside that, I'm more frustrated I can't get the short skirt mod to function as the monobehavior script for short skirt does not exist, thus it wont take textures in A17, idk how they coded that pre A16 where it worked, but now... Game is nope-ing my skirt mod everyone loved. Thus my #1 being UMA mod support or even built in uma editors, but that would be a non priority addon. I'm content just knowing one day I can mod in some UMA clothing!

I'm wondering if you and your friends even attempted underground bases or whether you read the patch notes and saw that zombies could dig and just gave up on the idea without trying. You say that your practice has been to come up to the surface to fight the bloodmoon hordes and if that is true then you can still build underground bases without harm from zombies. A deep base will remain undetected from all but the bloodmoon horde.

There is way more fear of digging zombies than is warranted. In actual practice they are pretty negligible unless you are hiding just under the surface.

I'm wondering if you and your friends even attempted underground bases or whether you read the patch notes and saw that zombies could dig and just gave up on the idea without trying. You say that your practice has been to come up to the surface to fight the bloodmoon hordes and if that is true then you can still build underground bases without harm from zombies. A deep base will remain undetected from all but the bloodmoon horde.

There is way more fear of digging zombies than is warranted. In actual practice they are pretty negligible unless you are hiding just under the surface.

I can't vouch for my friends as they are not here to defend themselves and how they play is not up to me. I do know they have played the game since launch, and have thousand of hours and played within their own streaming communities.

My own testing was enough on scavenger to determine about it. I mean what better way to discover the truth, then on the easiest settings to see how the zombies will dumb down. Zombies above me ignored me till within a certain radius of me using my pickaxe, even almost at bed rock, but they were quick to give up if I stopped making noise, however I was also in creative just to see how they reacted and see what they did. No sound, give up shortly, but in a real game, you wouldnt know if they gave up or not, and if they dug deep enough, they'd keep digging regardless due to them getting stuck. So, while underground bases can still be viable, also consider wandering hordes and how they would pose an even greater issue. Every time you're down there and a wandering hoard happens, they can dig down to you in a matter of moments and ruin a lot, sure block dmg adjustments could work as a server setting, but again why I suggested a vertical attack toggle for servers based on normal zombies, wandering zombies, and blood moon zombies. Also bonus block dmg for the hoards is brutal. Then again I dislike changing the block dmg down just to adapt for this when turning off wandering hoards from doing it saves all zombies from becoming too weak. Could be a matter of play styles here, but if I'm lowering zombies dmg vs ability to dig, their dmg will effect my end game, where them digging or not wont tbh. People could claim otherwise, but even on days past 150, my friends and I did not get tired or bored once, we'd try to create more bases and connect them underground and control the world with passages spanning town to town, but we never really get that far because every new alpha tends to need a new save, and we want the new updates usually.

I hope FunPimps will consider my options addons or ability to mod their AI instead, and I thank them for even reading it too. :strawberry:

Archived