Random generated (RGW) MAP Preview image export Tool

ognivo777

• 7 months later...

I'm using it with A19 b60, using the DF "DFalls-Small1" map and a 6,542 mixed-item Prefabs folder built with KingGen's 0.8.0 map builder. There are about 50% of the prefabs not interpreted (just question marks) - the rest all have their correct icons. This is my first time using this tool, but it's waaaaaay better than an original preview.png map. It may be a year old, but it's solved what has been a PITA for me, for a long time.

A great tool!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 4:25 AM, vergilsparda said:

this topic's almost a year old (apologies for resurrecting it, if I wasn't supposed to), but would you ever think of updating this for alpha 19, or even updating it to add an export feature? 

Despite the long absence of updates this tool works correctly with worlds of the current version of the game. There are small problems with the new prefabs - they are displayed with questions sign. This I plan to fix in the near future.

What kind of export would you like to get? The result of the program is a generated JPEG file, which is saved in the folder with the world files. You can use it after the tool is closed.

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 6:53 AM, ognivo777 said:

What kind of export would you like to get? The result of the program is a generated JPEG file, which is saved in the folder with the world files. You can use it after the tool is closed.

Oh! I did not know it did that, my apologies. I'm perfectly happy with that, thank you for answering my questions!