tasteless character

Титан

He can't make a tea and eggs without perks. Really? Do you know people that can craft clothes from grass' date=' but don't know how to boil the eggs or make a tea?[/quote']

I'll show you a person who can't make tea or eggs if you show me someone who can chop down a tree in seconds while carrying around one thousand one cubic meter blocks of concrete.

Games are not supposed to be realistic, but idealisations, which means some things are done purely from a point of view of game mechanics.

I have actually known someone who was unable to boil water to make Mac n Cheese. She was 21, and "living" on her own. Daddy took her credit card away and cut her allowance. She's sew up a storm though. All those years making cheerleader outfits will really pay off in the apocalypse.

Games are not supposed to be realistic, but idealisations, which means some things are done purely from a point of view of game mechanics.

Exactly! Game should be as much realistic until it's don't break gameplay. But it's desirable that game would have logic! And unknowlage of making easy things, but knowlage of doing complex things in the same time is illogically for me

Exactly! Game should be as much realistic until it's don't break gameplay. But it's desirable that game would have logic! And unknowlage of making easy things' date=' but knowlage of doing complex things in the same time is illogically for me[/quote']

Thematic consistency is desirable, but if there's a good game play reason to separate from logic, then so be it.

He can't make a tea and eggs without perks. Really? Do you know people that can craft clothes from grass' date=' but don't know how to boil the eggs or make a tea?[/quote']

Do you know how to make a tea in the wild?

Can you tell the difference between plants that are good for tea from poison ivy?

And I live with a person who is incapable of cutting a straight piece of bread despite being 30+ yo, its not hard to imagine people who can't boil an egg.

(in fact, that person once was making a tea and ended in hospital and I really doubt that she is worst cook there is)

Thematic consistency is desirable, but if there's a good game play reason to separate from logic, then so be it.

The reason to have to use a perk is simply to give the player a reason to use at least one perk point in this uninteresting perk tree (cooking)

The best of all reasons. :)

The reason to have to use a perk is simply to give the player a reason to use at least one perk point in this uninteresting perk tree (cooking)

Excactly. But other abilites handle that somewhat better. Don't have a perk point in Miner69 or SexRex? You are really really bad at mining but if your demand is low it still works. Similar to burned meat I wouldn't mind there being a burned egg recipe that is really inefficient.

But we have to wait for A18 to really judge. Recipe books are coming back and might make nearly all perks into luxury perks

The whole food system has a problem. Lots of recipes and canned stuff ( complexity) for low impact on the gameplay. Bacon&eggs as default. No food spoilage leads quickly to a saturation of available stockpiles.

There is just no gameplay and economy to optimize related to food.

It reminds me of the lackluster alchemy in many RPGs, that makes you pick a lot of flowers, while never really using them in the end.

Archived