Localization when using mod loader.

I've started dabbling with mod loader because we wanted to check out Guppycur's vehicle madness. I also run Mayic's firearms 2 as well as a few other mods that have localization info. Regardless of if I save it manually or run a .bat, once I load in the localization is all dorked. Any ideas? Thanks!

I've started dabbling with mod loader because we wanted to check out Guppycur's vehicle madness. I also run Mayic's firearms 2 as well as a few other mods that have localization info. Regardless of if I save it manually or run a .bat, once I load in the localization is all dorked. Any ideas? Thanks!

Some localization files in the Modlets are not properly formed, and could cause crashes. It's a tricky file to get right, especially if it has a lot of entries.

So does mod loader just ignore it then? I was sucessfully running this batch minus vehicle madness, with proper localization prior to using mod loader.

The SphereII_LocalizationMod handles merging of the Localization files. The Mod Launcher can replace a localization.txt. I guess it depends on which mechanism you are using for localization

I've always just manually updated the localization file. That can be done through mod loader? The option escaped me. Your localization mod I am unfamiliar with unfortunately.

For applying this to the base vanilla install Select Steam Version then Manage Modlets , for overhauls select the overhaul name if you plan on adding extra modlets that is.

cIPhfQyh.jpg

Click view available and download

3AXcTP9h.jpg

Hope this helps

Ragsy !!

Mod Loader always messed up my custom modifications of both Localization files - it loads the default ones and only applies some localizations from mods, but not from all mods that I have installed. Also SphereII's localization mod gave me errors with some mods. Particularly with Mayics Firearms 2. It just didn't let me add those localizations, no matter what. I ended up coding my own batch script to automatically update localization files with all the localizations contained in mod folders. You can find it here. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Checking it out now... still having some funkyness but now I'm wondering if it's due to bad installs/mods with weird localization. It's still not showing Guppycur's stuff right (unless the names should be long and string style) as well as some of the stuff from Dr's Golden Realms.

Checking it out now... still having some funkyness but now I'm wondering if it's due to bad installs/mods with weird localization. It's still not showing Guppycur's stuff right (unless the names should be long and string style) as well as some of the stuff from Dr's Golden Realms.

If you are using my script, then for best result you should use default unmodified localization files before running my script. Also, once you have all the localizations installed, avoid running the game through Mod loader, as it will rewrite your modified localization files again.

Some modifications simply don't use localizations on everything so some things like item names may look weird. Typically, when you check out the item in question manually in the items.xml and look up its name in localization.txt, you should find it there if it's translated. If it's not there, it means that the mod itself doesn't properly translate its name, so in that case it's not a bug of the script or the localization install process, but it's just the current status of the mod localization file itself.

I'm also using some mods from Guppycur as well as Dr's Golden Realms and while I'm not sure which mods from Guppycur you're using, I can tell you right now that Dr's Golden Realms in its latest version still doesn't have everything in its localization files, because it's a work in progress mod, so you may see some weird texts, unfinished stuff, placeholder texts, etc.

Also, just an example, if you're using vehicles overhaul from Guppy, you will probably see some car names without spaces which makes them kinda hard to read, but that's again only because they actually don't have proper translations in localization.txt file right now.

UPDATE: Actually, Guppycur's Vehicle Madness doesn't seem to have localizations at all lol

I hope this helps.

Archived