Trick to finding motorcycles after crash

Grumper

Hi all,

wondering if I am just not seeing the obvious, but when I drive my bike from time to time, crash, its gone. No icon on map, I search around the area I crash etc. Sometimes, I will suddenly pop up and I am driving it again, but the past few times this has happened, I cannot find it. I am on the latest stable release 17.4, and I am wondering if there is any trick to finding, it, or if the only alternative is to spawn one back in via the console.

Thanks!

Not sure if this is the problem you're having but when I can find my vehicle where I left it, I look up. And I mean way up. As in open the console, type DM, the hit Q, the hold shift and spacebar for a bit until I see my vehicle.

Hi all,

wondering if I am just not seeing the obvious, but when I drive my bike from time to time, crash, its gone. No icon on map, I search around the area I crash etc. Sometimes, I will suddenly pop up and I am driving it again, but the past few times this has happened, I cannot find it. I am on the latest stable release 17.4, and I am wondering if there is any trick to finding, it, or if the only alternative is to spawn one back in via the console.

Thanks!

If game crashed when you ride on bike, and after loading you not see bike - it usually because last saving bikes position was some time earlier, and bike is left behind. If no minibike icon on map, it just because bike little far away from you, and that chunks not loaded. First thing to try - run to point from where you start bike riding, and when you'll be close enough to bike, chunks loads and bike appears on map and compass.

Hi all,

Thanks!

Open console, type LE (list entities). If the bike is nearby, then it will appear on the list of entities. I do this all the time to find missing backpacks that don't appear on radar or are nearby but underground, rolled down a hill, on the roof of a building or otherwise can't be easily found.

If it is too far out of range, like it will be if it rubber banded back 20 miles after the crash, then you will have to travel close enough to where it ended up before it appears on the entity list. That makes it a bit more challenging to find.

My hubby last night got off his bike and it disappeared. Just disappeared before our eyes. No game crash: just "poof".

I'm going to try LE, but if it is underground or otherwise "elsewhere" how do I then get to it? digging???

Is it still visible on the compass? If so, it either floats in the sky or is below on the bedrock. It's best to go into debug mode and fly up into the sky or dive down into the earth.

Archived