Child Zombies

Ti2xGr

I think she is too... well, actually was. She become the prime age for killing the moment she/it turned.

Regarding immersion, I’m kinda thinking adding more of it into this game would be a bad idea. People will have an even harder discerning fantasy from reality. Wouldn’t want to contribute to the whole fallacy that video games are the cause of violent behavior.

Everytime there is a shooting at a school (for example), politics (atleast here on germany) blame video games to be resposible for the violent nature of young adults. It is however a proven fact, that there had to be psychological issues way before.

I have to agree with Shineblossom here

Edit: AtomicUs5000, just saw your last post about not being serious. I will just let this stand anyways - cheers! ;)

Edit: AtomicUs5000, just saw your last post about not being serious. I will just let this stand anyways - cheers! ;)

It's the same in the US.

as if this hasn't already been disproved time and time again over the past few decades.

Before that, it was music.

Violent-Crime-Rate-Chart1.png

There was a peak in the 90's, but has consistently dropped since. I would say that since the 90's all media has included more violence, and worse violence. No correlation whatsoever, because people know the difference.

Same in Czech. There was a guy who killed his family.

What media said:

"We got to know that this person was a huge fan of GTA games, where you play criminal and kill innocent people, as well as he had been playing FarCry, prior to those murders, where you literally have to shoot your way trough field of enemies."

What the media did NOT say:

The guy was diagnosed with anger issues and violent tendencies

He had violent past, being expelled from school for hurting a classmate for no reason

His parrents were most likely (according to neighbours) abusing him

So, it is the same everywhere. As i said. hearth hearth hearth hearth those people :)

Also, let's not forget that playing game where you shoot at people makes you violent, but letting little kids watch movies like "Purge" or having news reporter talk about the tiniest details of murders have no effect!

For all of you who think it's " OK " or " Logically Acceptable " to put zombie babies/children into the game :

You people obviously think there are no boundaries to depravity, that the disgust that many would feel about this is worth it, right ?

You obviously think that anything at all is permissible to go into games ? That there should be no moral compass ?

Either way you answered that : why are you trying ??

Are you trying to flex your intellectual muscles at logic ?? or just tryin to bait gullible readers ??

Because we ALL know that TFPS are not going to change their Moral Compass because of a bunch of witty words, bantered around on a forum.

:) Have fun with the witty banter tho, y'all are givin it the old college try. :)

For all of you who think it's " OK " or " Logically Acceptable " to put zombie babies/children into the game :

You people obviously think there are no boundaries to depravity, that the disgust that many would feel about this is worth it, right ?

You obviously think that anything at all is permissible to go into games ? That there should be no moral compass ?

Are you trying to flex your intellectual muscles at logic ?? or just tryin to bait gullible readers ??

Because we ALL know that TFPS are not going to change their Moral Compass because of a bunch of witty words, bantered around on a forum.

:) Have fun with the witty banter tho, y'all are givin it the old college try. :)

"For all of you who think it's okay to serve beef, you people obviously think there are no boundaries to depravity, that the disgust that many would feel about this is worth it, right? You obviously think that anything at all is permissible to put on a plate? That there should be no moral compass?"

Yeah, no. Nice straw man there.

Different people hold different values. For instance, I choose not to play the Payday series, because I find the core gameplay of killing cops distasteful. But I don't get indignant about it and proselytize that people that think it's okay have no moral compass. Nor do I have delusions that my personal views on the matter mean that gamers in general reject Payday on moral grounds.

For me this disagreement may be philosophical, but it's not academic. I feel strongly that for games to thrive as a form of artistic expression, it's vital for their creators to have the same freedom that creators of books, comics, films, etc. enjoy to explore the types of content they want.

I fully support TFP's decision to not include child zombies in their game. But I would fully support if they did decide to include child zombies, too.

outside of personal opinions and beliefs, i would think that having an Adult Only rating would limit sales and cause too much controversy and headache. not to mention the several countries it would literally be banned in. iirc, even AAA games like skyrim had issues just simply having kids in the game even though you cant harm them.

outside of personal opinions and beliefs, i would think that having an Adult Only rating would limit sales and cause too much controversy and headache. not to mention the several countries it would literally be banned in. iirc, even AAA games like skyrim had issues just simply having kids in the game even though you cant harm them.

7 Days to Die ESRB rating is already Mature 17+

God forbid it going all the way up to A 18+

Imagine all those lost players!

hahahaa

I always wonder how all the kids got GTA-V. I mean seriously, I've never seen a "Mature 17+" game with a larger audience in the range of 8-years-old.

An "Adults Only" rating definitely limits sales. In practice, it's more on the retail side than the consumer choice side. That is, many retailers refuse to even stock a game if it's rated AO.

That's not relevant here though, because like I pointed out, the ESRB that gives games those ratings makes no distinction between adult and child characters in its content descriptors. No one has provided evidence to support a claim that games with child characters (or child-like characters, or child-like characters that can die) are given an AO rating, or a more restrictive rating than games without them.

I can think of plenty of counterexamples where "just simply having kids in the game even if they can't be harmed," didn't cause any problems. For example, the many games I've worked on featuring Dora the Explorer and similar characters. :p

some stores dont stock AO at all. online stores you have to jump through hoops to even view the content. so yes. it does lose a lot of visibility and access being AO.

An "Adults Only" rating definitely limits sales. In practice, it's more on the retail side than the consumer choice side. That is, many retailers refuse to even stock a game if it's rated AO.

That's not relevant here though, because like I pointed out, the ESRB that gives games those ratings makes no distinction between adult and child characters in its content descriptors. No one has provided evidence to support a claim that games with child characters (or child-like characters, or child-like characters that can die) are given an AO rating, or a more restrictive rating than games without them.

I can think of plenty of counterexamples where "just simply having kids in the game even if they can't be harmed," didn't cause any problems. For example, the many games I've worked on featuring Dora the Explorer and similar characters. :p

You're right. ESRB ratings dont matter in cases game bans. its the content. if you look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games you will see that in the side notes they get more specific.

it was "skyrim had issues even though kids cannot be harmed" that game specifically. which they did. it was a discussion on a modders forum (that was removed from nexxusmods) for a mod that enabled you to damage those annoying kids. cant remember the countries listed but i know germany was one. then again, germany bans lots of games which they are slowly lightening up on ie. nazi symbols. the issue was with the "playable character" being able to harm or interact with children in a violent or sexual manner. cutscenes and indirect gameplay seemed to not matter.

some stores dont stock AO at all. online stores you have to jump through hoops to even view the content. so yes. it does lose a lot of visibility and access being AO.

Who said it does not?

What was said is that it is already there. The strippers put it there on their own if the violence was not enough.

Who said it does not?

What was said is that it is already there. The strippers put it there on their own if the violence was not enough.

Not true. The game is rated M for mature, not AO for adults only.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=34421&Title=7+Days+to+Die

If you want to argue it should be AO... It would be good for the ESRB to mention that there is nudity in the form of bare-breasted stripper zombies. It makes me wonder what the procedures are for a game like this that can change radically before it's formally released. But, given that there are other mature-rated games with at least that level of nudity, and actual sex scenes to boot, I would speculate that the ESRB rating would still be M for mature regardless.

Not true. The game is rated M for mature, not AO for adults only.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=34421&Title=7+Days+to+Die

If you want to argue it should be AO... It would be good for the ESRB to mention that there is nudity in the form of bare-breasted stripper zombies. It makes me wonder what the procedures are for a game like this that can change radically before it's formally released. But, given that there are other mature-rated games with at least that level of nudity, and actual sex scenes to boot, I would speculate that the ESRB rating would still be M for mature regardless.

As well as with children zeds as dying light and other titles are rated M.

"For all of you who think it's okay to serve beef, you people obviously think there are no boundaries to depravity, that the disgust that many would feel about this is worth it, right? You obviously think that anything at all is permissible to put on a plate? That there should be no moral compass?"

Yeah, no. Nice straw man there.

……..

For me this disagreement may be philosophical, but it's not academic. I feel strongly that for games to thrive as a form of artistic expression, it's vital for their creators to have the same freedom that creators of books, comics, films, etc. enjoy to explore the types of content they want.

I fully support TFP's decision to not include child zombies in their game. But I would fully support if they did decide to include child zombies, too.

:) "strawman".... I can see how you might think that of my words... but I'll stand by my inferences ( in plain English ) that I, personally, think the idea of putting zombie babies/children into the game would be distasteful, and I suppose it just bothers me to read about people tying to justify it.

I suppose the wiser choice would have been for me to just SMH and move on but it just hit a nerve, sorry. My bad.

However I would not support fully TFPs inclusion of child zombies. *raises hand for the "against" vote*

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh no people disagree with me. And there are even people who don't consider bunch of pixels as real person! What should i do, what should i do?!"

hahahaa

I always wonder how all the kids got GTA-V. I mean seriously, I've never seen a "Mature 17+" game with a larger audience in the range of 8-years-old.

GTA imho has at least 50% of its sales from underage childern.

You're right. ESRB ratings dont matter in cases game bans. its the content. if you look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games you will see that in the side notes they get more specific.

it was "skyrim had issues even though kids cannot be harmed" that game specifically. which they did. it was a discussion on a modders forum (that was removed from nexxusmods) for a mod that enabled you to damage those annoying kids. cant remember the countries listed but i know germany was one. then again, germany bans lots of games which they are slowly lightening up on ie. nazi symbols. the issue was with the "playable character" being able to harm or interact with children in a violent or sexual manner. cutscenes and indirect gameplay seemed to not matter.

Czech Republic.. None.. Oh there is EU, lets check EU. Only one game. Game where you rape and then tortune little girl. But none of the games where you kill childern are banned. Hmm, makes one think.

As well as with children zeds as dying light and other titles are rated M.

Found the zombie baby yesterday in Dying Light. I just bought it, and it was great experience! The child was kinda fun tho. We just stood there with my coop partner like:

"Look a zombie baby"

"You mean zomby?"

"Your humour gets worse and worse the older you get"

"It is attracting other zombies though"

*doublebarell to head* "Problem solved.

We both liked that there actually were childern. Both alive and undead. The world fell more.. real. More.. alive. It was as if there really was a zombie outbreak in city. Not just alternate dimensions where adults go when they are bored on Earth.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived