Experiences playing without horde night

I also play without horde night and love it, I don't think i would go back to using it again now.

To compensate difficulty I'm using Darkness Falls mod (on a NitroGen created map). The increased spawn rate and ramped up gamestages from the mod keeps the game at an enjoyable level for me and of course the additional skills, items and poi's from the mod keep my interest level up.

I think the options that now come with game setup are great - allowing us more scope to tailor to our individual likes (now all we need is an option to switch off those pesky digging zombies :p)

Horde nights are just... annoying, because they're predictable.

There have been several people that have voiced an opinion similar to that. I guess, over the years, people have grown tired of that mechanic. I haven't put in the hours a lot of people here have, so I still look at each day as "oh man, only X days till the horde".

The problem is there haven't been any good ideas on how to go about fixing it. TFP can't just remove it, as it's an integral part of the game. So the best thing they can really do, as others have said, is just give players as many options as possible.

I personally wish it would go back to having them spawn on all sides and just rush in. Not herding together and funneling through the easiest path. Make it so no matter what, you have to have every direction covered.

I think currently the horde works like that. I remember the last one zombies kept coming at me from various directions, although i may be wrong about the numbers (if it's equal from every direction or most from one and a little from around).

I think currently the horde works like that. I remember the last one zombies kept coming at me from various directions, although i may be wrong about the numbers (if it's equal from every direction or most from one and a little from around).

Ah, maybe it's been tweaked since I last played. I think 17.1 had just came out right before I stopped my survival play through. I know there is random behavior so some will always bee line straight towards you. Last I played they still all funneled around to my vault door.

Archived