Question about changing Audio input/output channels

Zorngodofall

So I am looking to get into 7dtd content creation. One of the biggest reasons why I haven't is my preference for a youtube video playing in the background why I did mundane things (basically white noise) so aside from the inherent copyright conflict in such a setup it's also unprofessional.

I found something called VB audio. Which is an amazing piece of software though it requires tweaking. Basically what it does is route specific channels of audio to specific inputs/outputs. Basically you can set X game to use Y audio and it will only play the audio from that channel. Think of it like a router for sound. (fwiw this is actually an amazing piece of software, imagine being able to listen to music while you make videos with no overlap)

Basically, most newer games have an option for which Audio output a game sends all various ambient music/sound effects to. (this is usually desktop speakers, headphones, or etc. Basically different sources of outputs).

So this game does not, at least not in the basic sound menu.

So here's my question, from where either in game or in the C:/ path does the game determine which output for the sound it uses. (It's not in volume mixer)

Pretty sure it just chooses the default audio device.
It does but I'm wondering where it picks that. If it's hardcoded into the game... that kind of sucks. Need to be able to find out where and change it. The main reason being that chrome itself does the same thing it's just a better solution to change what channel the audio uses.

I looked in the client configuration and didn't see anything there. (Registry location "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die" if you were curious)

Did some looking around and found some old posts recommending FMOD Studio, but they may have been speaking primarily from a development standpoint. They may just be using that to create the API for audio selection in-game.

Outside of changing the Windows Default device, I am not able to come up with anything atm.

I looked in the client configuration and didn't see anything there. (Registry location "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die" if you were curious)

Did some looking around and found some old posts recommending FMOD Studio, but they may have been speaking primarily from a development standpoint. They may just be using that to create the API for audio selection in-game.

Outside of changing the Windows Default device, I am not able to come up with anything atm.

Appreciate that a lot. Saves me a lot of time poking around. Will have to engineer something then. Still it's 100x better to have some kind of tool to work with audio channels.

Archived