Balancing SP

Hollowprime

@OnlyMeia They are talking about PvE, not PvP. From what i see there is way more PvE than PvP servers. PvP will get it´s own treatment from TFP after or shortly before release. The focus is now on SP/Coop.

Usually when we discuss SP vs MP its PVE vs PVP since the main focus for MP is PVP, if you played it you would know that, but I get what you're saying for PVE oriented MP servers.

Also in regards to "PVP getting its own treatment" its been over 6 years, I think we can stop using that same silly excuse to leave the PVP'ers with empty bottles of content.

Most all of the Kick starter promises are already fulfilled but TFP keep reinventing the wheel, Most of us that have been waiting already stopped playing, or migrated to play other games, which when you think about it, is a failure when a game has great potential for something and its ignored for the same cookie cutter contributions every update, causing the players to leave the game... the idea should be to keep all your players playing, not run off all but 1 demographic.

Usually when we discuss SP vs MP its PVE vs PVP since the main focus for MP is PVP, if you played it you would know that, but I get what you're saying for PVE oriented MP servers.

Also in regards to "PVP getting its own treatment" its been over 6 years, I think we can stop using that same silly excuse to leave the PVP'ers with empty bottles of content.

Most all of the Kick starter promises are already fulfilled but TFP keep reinventing the wheel, Most of us that have been waiting already stopped playing, or migrated to play other games, which when you think about it, is a failure when a game has great potential for something and its ignored for the same cookie cutter contributions every update, causing the players to leave the game... the idea should be to keep all your players playing, not run off all but 1 demographic.

"the main focus for MP is PVP"? Don't confuse your own bubble with the world.

There is a group of people you can't see if you just look at open servers: People playing private games on rented servers or even hosted on a machine of one of the players. We players can not measure the relative size of this group of PvE MP players to PvP players. Even TFP would know only a lower bound of that number. PS: My "bubble" consists of 4-5 players that are all in this group, we only play non-public.

You have a choice: Don't believe TFP that they will look at PvP after release of the game. Then what are you still doing here? Or believe them, then yes, your patience will be tested. As you say, "MOST" kickstarter promises are fullfilled, in other words there are still some missing. Until bandits are in you probably won't see 1.0 (which means 2020 for sure). After that a version 1.1 PvP would need at least another half year. So 2021 might see the PvP overhaul and not even that is guaranteed. Accept it now and you won't be constantly disappointed.

"the main focus for MP is PVP"? Don't confuse your own bubble with the world.

There is a group of people you can't see if you just look at open servers: People playing private games on rented servers or even hosted on a machine of one of the players. We players can not measure the relative size of this group of PvE MP players to PvP players. Even TFP would know only a lower bound of that number. PS: My "bubble" consists of 4-5 players that are all in this group, we only play non-public.

You have a choice: Don't believe TFP that they will look at PvP after release of the game. Then what are you still doing here? Or believe them, then yes, your patience will be tested. As you say, "MOST" kickstarter promises are fullfilled, in other words there are still some missing. Until bandits are in you probably won't see 1.0 (which means 2020 for sure). After that a version 1.1 PvP would need at least another half year. So 2021 might see the PvP overhaul and not even that is guaranteed. Accept it now and you won't be constantly disappointed.

The main focus for multiplayer weighs heavily on the pvp side, you should look at some statistics before blindly asserting insults towards another. you may have many more PVE servers that have 1 or 2 players, but you will find many servers that have so many players its become a common idea to donate to become white listed so you always have a server slot.

I know some of you do a quick search online and see all those PVE servers, and most of them have no players in them, mean while you can have 1 pvp server that has more players than nearly a dozen of those pve servers.

Look I've had this conversation with many people including TFP themselves regarding the sorry state they leave PVP in.

No, I don't have any faith that they will ever finish this game to the point they come out with a full beta release the many years it has been in alpha.

So many of you are always so angry when pvp gets mentioned, its rather funny. Look I don't think the PVP community wants full focus for it, but a few tweaks that would boil down to hotfixes, something someone could "Copy and paste" to fix a few of our issues, instead gets turned on deaf ears, and I think after the many years of waiting, we have very much a good reason to be unhappy about that, but you PVE giddies are all spoiled.

I've played this game since nearly release, Your opinion holds very little value to me. Quite the rhetoric in fact.

I've said this before, but to get back onto topic, if they want to balance SP they need more content and to stop stretching what we already have so thin by debilitating the player and locking all of those abilities behind perks and other inane requirements.

Content, Make more content, stop with the artificial difficulty.

The main focus for multiplayer weighs heavily on the pvp side, you should look at some statistics before blindly asserting insults towards another. you may have many more PVE servers that have 1 or 2 players, but you will find many servers that have so many players its become a common idea to donate to become white listed so you always have a server slot.

I know some of you do a quick search online and see all those PVE servers, and most of them have no players in them, mean while you can have 1 pvp server that has more players than nearly a dozen of those pve servers.

So many of you are always so angry when pvp gets mentioned, its rather funny.

Sorry if I insulted you, what was the insult? And where do you get that I'm angry?

Those statistics you talk about are not accurate at all. For example my server is not in that list you see when you start 7d2d. You can't see my server in any statistic.

So many of you are always so angry when pvp gets mentioned, its rather funny.

Yes, let's not sound angry about this.....

No, I don't have any faith that they will ever finish this game

we have very much a good reason to be unhappy about that, but you PVE giddies are all spoiled

Your opinion holds very little value to me. Quite the rhetoric in fact.

There is already an XP multiplier option in the game. We can set it to as low as 25%(or is it 50%?) and as high as 400% (the standard being 100%).

However, as mentioned before, player level will correspond to the gamestage so in SP, its not exactly ideal for the player to level up too fast. We don't exactly want to be fighting ferals and irradiated often when we don't have the gear or weapons for it. Hence, an option to increase the skill points gained per level instead would probably be better. It also will have some benefits for MP in that server hosts can choose whether they want to have that option as well. Like for example, players who play as a duo only but would like to have more choices available so they'd be able to play with skill point gain of 2 per level instead of 1.

I agree in theory, though doubling the amount of points might be excessive, idk. At some point it does break the game by letting the player unlock everything very fast.

Late to the party, but quick replies are too easy..

Assuming added skill points would be the goal for SP; wouldn't an organic way to balance the difference between group sizes be granting at least some of them via loot? One POI gives, say 1-5 skill points, single player gets them all, a group of 3 gets "one each".

Oh, did I just describe the A18 book system? Sounds... plausible? :)

Late to the party, but quick replies are too easy..

Assuming added skill points would be the goal for SP; wouldn't an organic way to balance the difference between group sizes be granting at least some of them via loot? One POI gives, say 1-5 skill points, single player gets them all, a group of 3 gets "one each".

Oh, did I just describe the A18 book system? Sounds... plausible? :)

In the first moment yes. :smile-new: But:

Groups can clear POIs faster than a single player, so while he gets to read all 3 books out of one POI, the group has cleared nearly 3 POI's and found 9 books.

And it gets worse: Since a complete book set gives a special bonus and specific players need some books more than others, the group can distribute the 9 books to the players that benefit the most and already have learned books in that specific set.

Sure;

While I'm not convinced of the "equal speed to book cases" as a group of 3 - there's plenty of added overhead from the players coordinating and some added gamestage-difficulty even in the current implementation.

But, the group will always "as the bare minimum" have the option of splitting into three separate "single players" whenever that is more effective, so there's never going to be a way to really balance the situation.

But I think the coming book system won't in practice feel as unfair as the current one. (I've never even faced the issue myself tbh, I haven't stepped into a multiplayer-with-strangers in this game ever.. :) )

Archived