White-ish Map - White Markers - Hard to SEE markers

gcomerfo

Can we either make the "undiscovered" map regions into a darker shade?

or make the markers something more bold like Blue, Red, Neon Orange, or something?? Please....

I think the map used to have a darker tone, because I don't remember this hard to spot markers before A17.

Here you tell me. Now find the "X".... GO!!

x1.jpg.6a870afa40c5a40a8506aae1aa544c77.jpg

Where was it? Also, see if you spotted Waldo in there too!

x2.jpg.a27a62368947c319d2029421e283657e.jpg

Oh, and the treasure chest icons are really amazing to find too - good luck - you'll need your Opti-Visors from machine shop.

Can we either make the "undiscovered" map regions into a darker shade?

or make the markers something more bold like Blue, Red, Neon Orange, or something?? Please....

I think the map used to have a darker tone, because I don't remember this hard to spot markers before A17.

Here you tell me. Now find the "X".... GO!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28565[/ATTACH]

Where was it? Also, see if you spotted Waldo in there too!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28566[/ATTACH]

Oh, and the treasure chest icons are really amazing to find too - good luck - you'll need your Opti-Visors from machine shop.

It is a bug, I also saw this in 17.3. I do not understand why Roland does not write that this is a mistake and recommends some strange ways to live with this bug)

That’s not to say that a darker fog of war wouldn’t be better :)

yes, Roland, didn't it used to be more brownish or tan or something?? I can remember the white markers were always easy to see before. Not sure what happened. I also notice that the map coordinates bottom left with white text is all washed out too. I don't mind white map as long as they change the marker colors.

So the grayish color that the map was using caused fps drops so TFP decided that white would work better instead but didn't change anything else that also used white in unexplored areas? Nobody pointed out that "Hey TFP, I can't see the little X's in the unexplored areas anymore, there's too much white" and TFP was like "So, you got more performance, live with it".

No. TFP made changes in other areas to help performance but which caused gameplay to suffer in Guppy’s opinion so he told a joke in this case to lampoon what TFP did in those other cases.

The color of the background or of the map icons wouldn’t actually affect performance or really matter if it did unless you care about FPS while staring at a static map screen.

Archived