Resource finding

roden81

Not sure if this has been requested before or whether it's available in a mod or anything. These days I'm struggling with my memory (in my left leg, not my computer, lol), so when I'm trying to craft something, and don't have what I need, I sometimes forget what it is I need to craft that particular item (I hope I'm making sense so far). What I think would be handy is, when you try and craft something, you can have the items displayed on your screen, like what you see for your quests. Is that something that could be added to the game somehow?

Better idea, have your character automatically pull from nearby unlocked inventories like chests when crafting.

Edit: I know when I build something, cook, or otherwise, I don't first put everything into my pockets. I just know where everything is and take it when I need it.

I get were you're coming from, sorry I struggle to explain stuff, but, the scenario I was in, I was trying to create a Forge, which obviously needs a bellows, I found that I had to go back and forth between the trader and workbench a few times, as I couldn't remember what I needed, call it a shopping list.

• 3 weeks later...
Aren't bellows craftable from inventory?

Yeah (at the time of writing my post, i didn't realise a bellows was craftable from the toolbelt), but what if you don't have the materials to make something which is only craftable from the workbench or forge?

Not sure if this has been requested before or whether it's available in a mod or anything. These days I'm struggling with my memory (in my left leg, not my computer, lol), so when I'm trying to craft something, and don't have what I need, I sometimes forget what it is I need to craft that particular item (I hope I'm making sense so far). What I think would be handy is, when you try and craft something, you can have the items displayed on your screen, like what you see for your quests. Is that something that could be added to the game somehow?

I see. So from the inventory screen, you would like to "Track" materials for that specific item/workbench which will show on screen:

FORGE:

Stone: 47/50

Short Iron Pipe: 0/1

Clay Soil: 60/60

Bellows: 0/1

Similar to the starting quest, giving you a shopping list of sorts?

EDIT: I guess i'm wrong about this. my method used to work not sure when this got changed sorry.

You can just search the item in the crafting menu. you can pull up every single thing that is craftable, thus your able to see the required resources. I have the same exact problem remembering what I need to craft an item. I simply open the crafting menu and search for what i'm trying to craft and see the ingredients needed. (note you can search EVERY craftable item regardless if it needs a work bench, camp fire etc.)

Archived