Underwater World+Space Adventure+Other Ideas - The Unexplored Potential(+Paid DLC's)

Jacquesdv14

Yes, exaggerated on purpose, but I genuinely wanted to see what you would say. Not even Subnautica has nitrogen narcosis!

That wasn't my idea..the scuba side was BodyBagger's idea (he should be commenting soon, this was actually a post on steam an he found my opst and I loved his post and thought this is the best place to post it.) My ideas was the tropical islands, animals and bio human enhancements..the first part of the post before the list) But thanks for engaging on the post. It really made me thought about other things as well! Have a pleasant day fellow human being!

Once you get it running, all you need to do is hit the generate-wold button and wait 3 minutes for the generation to get a decent (singpleplayer/Coop) 8K map. Copy it to the 7DTD generated world folder, and you are done.

(there are buttons that can open both the gen and 7DtD folders for convenience)

All the options are optional to tweak around, or make a fully custom map ... but the default setting should be enough if you just want a nice map.

Of course a generator included into the game will be the convenient default for most players. But NitroGen takes a different approach and lets you choose how the world should look like beforehand. The included RWG is using a single seed and map size as parameters (that can be shared to others on the other hand).

I didn't mean to imply that your tool would be particularly complicated or anything, but, as represented here, I am simply not willing to familiarize myself with third party tools, at least not until the game is released in a stable version that will not break such tools in the future. I don't want to depend on something, build a mod around something that has an uncertain future. Which - forgive the anecdote - is why I stopped modding alltogether after A17 literallly destroyed the very core of my "my mod", that I spent probably three-digit hours on. When the game's going gold I might look into an XML file again, but after the realisation that all my work has casually been flushed down the toilet by the company, I let the grump consume me.

All that while I actually do believe that great features like yours seems to be one should indeed be part of the game. Why not pay you a couple thousand bucks outta the couple million profits and have you integrate your tool into the game? And continously pay you to keep it updated? Or buy the code from you for a fair price and continue to maintain it internally?

I didn't mean to imply that your tool would be particularly complicated or anything, but, as represented here, I am simply not willing to familiarize myself with third party tools, at least not until the game is released in a stable version that will not break such tools in the future. I don't want to depend on something, build a mod around something that has an uncertain future. Which - forgive the anecdote - is why I stopped modding alltogether after A17 literallly destroyed the very core of my "my mod", that I spent probably three-digit hours on. When the game's going gold I might look into an XML file again, but after the realisation that all my work has casually been flushed down the toilet by the company, I let the grump consume me.

All that while I actually do believe that great features like yours seems to be one should indeed be part of the game. Why not pay you a couple thousand bucks outta the couple million profits and have you integrate your tool into the game? And continously pay you to keep it updated? Or buy the code from you for a fair price and continue to maintain it internally?

Exactly! I saw in another post they apparently need $500k to make the game they imagined, why not host another kickstarter funding? then state what they want to achieve and what the future of the game might look like after that? They could showcase three versions (the first one, a "middle" one, and the latest one) so that the people can see the progress? They could even sell it as a DLC on steam, as well, saying that they will refund everyone if they don't release the promised expansion within a year? I'm sure between kickastarter and steam they should be able to reach their goal and once the updates starts rolling so will the sales and the community (very important since so many people love to use mods) . It feels like the biggest hindrance they have is someone with a business brain. Why not showcase the ultimate sandbox (however you define that) to the community so that they give themselves time to achieve it rather than struggling to make it and just doing basic updates which is costing them to lose more players rather than to gain players.

Exactly! I saw in another post they apparently need $500k to make the game they imagined, why not host another kickstarter funding?
As far as I know, they have made millions of profit, so they don't need another campaign. And when you have people who do things for free already, I doubt they would demand a five digit monthly salary.

then state what they want to achieve and what the future of the game might look like after that? They could showcase three versions (the first one, a "middle" one, and the latest one) so that the people can see the progress? They could even sell it as a DLC on steam, as well, saying that they will refund everyone if they don't release the promised expansion within a year? I'm sure between kickastarter and steam they should be able to reach their goal and once the updates starts rolling so will the sales and the community (very important since so many people love to use mods) . It feels like the biggest hindrance they have is someone with a business brain. Why not showcase the ultimate sandbox (however you define that) to the community so that they give themselves time to achieve it rather than struggling to make it and just doing basic updates which is costing them to lose more players rather than to gain players.
At this point, they are working on finishing the game, so it does not make sense to work on expansions and dlcs. And then I hear they have ideas for a "next game", so they might focus their time on that.

Still, making a new biome, making new blocks and items, new creatures, that should not be terribly time consuming. Much of it could even be outsourced, like modeling the new stuff.

As far as I know, they have made millions of profit, so they don't need another campaign. And when you have people who do things for free already, I doubt they would demand a five digit monthly salary.

At this point, they are working on finishing the game, so it does not make sense to work on expansions and dlcs. And then I hear they have ideas for a "next game", so they might focus their time on that.

Still, making a new biome, making new blocks and items, new creatures, that should not be terribly time consuming. Much of it could even be outsourced, like modeling the new stuff.

well if they are working on a new game..why not try something like this and see how the community adopts it because it could be "research" to their next game. If this is gonna die down anyway..give us what we want (and deserve, and like you said, shouldn't be too much effort) and then go on with the next one.

I am trying to create one "super" thread here which, I'm really hoping, would firstly be a place where we can discuss all the ideas around improvements for 7D2D. I copied the ideas below from "Yet another A18 / Game idea suggestion thread woohoo" in hopes that everyone on this thread will think critically about.

It was posted by: skylerkae

Random ideas I had that I personally think would be neat. Everyone else seems to shout about what they would like to see so heres my input

-Overall game suggestions-

-More randomness to POI zombie spawns. At the minute its a bit of a rinse wash repeat with each room. Especially when you start the game. Trying to fight off 10 zombies in a small 1 bedroom house with nothing but a stone axe and some plant matter to hide your shame is a pain

-New alarm system that can trigger hordes and nearby zombies. For example, burglar alarms, car alarms, fire alarms etc etc

-Better designed bigger cities with buildings closer together. Imagine this idea and the above idea working together. You are walking through this gigantic city and suddenly you set off a car alarm and then zombies pour out of every building

-Variation in wandering horde sizes. One moment 5 zombies another time 30

-New zones-

-Explorable cave and mine systems that start and end in different places with extensive tunnels and chambers to explore

-Research base POI with more zombies than usual and tougher boss zombies, hinted perhaps to be the central point for the start of the zombie epidemic

-Airport POI with planes, runway etc. I would love to explore a gigantic airport and loot the baggage etc etc

-Military safe zones. Where humans hid once the infected took over. Contains underground bunkers, filled with loot, lots of zombies etc

-Fishing-

-Fishing Rods

-Reels

-Line

-Bait

-Perks

-New modes of transport / getting around-

-Skateboard (Must...gun + skateboard...)

-Zip line

-Boats maybe….maybe not…

-Rocket Skates (Rollerblades with rockets attached)

-New weapons-

-Base mounted, player operated, Gatling type gun

-Katana…

-Throwing Knives

-Boomerang

-Grenades (Normal and frag) For example frag could be something like Gasoline + Nails + Empty Jar + Fuse

-Pitchfork

-Riot Shield, can deflect SOME damage and knock zombies back a little

-Human Decoy..scarecrow type deal with some electrical parts that is thrown out and waddles around making noise distracting the zombies for a few seconds before exploding doing a small amount of damage

-New drugs-

-Methylphenidate : Amphetamine type substance that increases awareness and aids in stamina regeneration

-Opiates : Reduce kickback, calming effect etc

-New enemies-

-The Hunker : Twice the size of the police officers, severely muscular, increased damage, a hard to kill tank

-The Nipper : Small, thin, twice as fast as a feral, lower health, able to jump much much higher and much further than normal

-The Exploder : Fat, runs up to you, glows and shakes and then explodes and acid showers over you as well as damaging nearby blocks

……idk just harder boss types besides the green glowing variations of the normal zombies

This should give the developers many ideas of what the community is leaning towards and that we are still, after all this time, and perhaps always, fans of the game.

Just a thought on people who do not really want the under water biome or other things other than the current Navezgane, why not create a second map? Like one where these things are implemented? Wouldn't that just satisfy everyone? If they can play a "bug free/less buggy" Navezgane while other poeple then start exploring "The Elysium/Valhalla" (or whatever) map so that the bugs get reported then eventually you'll have one, and I'm saying it again, SUPER SANDBOX GAME. (Sorry for being so hyped, just really like the game)

To the moderators, this post was posted originally on this thread so please don't ban me..This is just me doing it properly on this thread.

1) Looting Possibilities

A) Small towns—or even large cities—are completely submerged underwater in a large lake, and only accessible with scuba gear. The scenario: A large dam broke upriver since there were no humans to maintain it, and the city was built in a small valley below sea level downstream. This underwater city may have special loot not found anywhere else in the game. The city could be completely hidden underwater, or have the top of a skyscraper just breaking the surface of the water to indicate its location. Careful, because zeds still walk the streets.

B) Sunken military ships and submarines also litter the lake's bottom with large caches of ammo, weapons, food, etc. But, you'll need special gear to get inside in order to loot (see below). And remember, the dead crew is still inside the vessel.

C) Complex underwater cave systems: Rare treasure chests filled with gold and silver is hidden or buried inside these cave systems. Find it and you may be rich enough to buy anything you want at Trader Joels. But, venture too deep into a cave and you could get lost in it's many meandering passageways, then run out of air and die. Small air pockets may exist, but only offer a temporary reprieve--limited air. Cave walls would be indestructible, like the Trader blocks (no easy way out if you get into trouble). Special gear is (again) necessary for exploration!

NOTE: Zeds would, of course, be protecting loot in all of these scenarios. A special "bloated" zombie could be added to the current gang.

2) Specialized Gear (made w/mods & special recipes, or found in POI's)

A) Underwater metal detectors: Used to find gold & silver or even ammunition buried in the silt at the bottom of the lake near shipwrecks or in and around buildings that are submerged (or in caves).

B) Underwater Cutting Torches: Used to cut through the hulls of ships, or cut into safes more quickly than a pickax can... Use it wisely because you only have a limited amount of fuel you can carry with you. Mods are available to make it more effective (cut faster).

C) Dive wheels: These devices resemble a fishing rod and reel; however, instead of transparent fishing line the dive wheel consist of a highly visible, but thin twine (rope). Before entering a cave, the diver ties off one end of the twine outside of the cave and unwinds the twine as he/she travels through the cave system—providing a clear and visible path out of the cave so the diver doesn't get lost--a must-have item. If you're a risk taker, you may enter a cave without one of these devices... but you may never come out alive since underwater passages do not show up on your map & you cannot mark your map while inside. Only the cave entrance shows up on Sonar (see below), and is also visible to the naked eye.

D) Lift Bags: Divers can't lift lots of heavy metals and gear out of the water on their own, so they use lift bags. Basically, anything found on the bottom will be put inside of a bag that has what looks like a parachute or balloon attached to it. The diver uses his/her regulator to release air into the attached "parachute" to fill it with air from the scuba/air tanks. Once filled with enough air, the lift bag floats to the surface with the loot in the bag. But be careful! If you don't have much air left in your tanks at the end of a dive, you could drown before you make it to the surface. So... plan your dive, and dive your plan!

E) Dive Lights: These lights attach to face masks to allow hands free operations; lights have two settings: broad beam to illuminate a large area (used with good visibility conditions), and a narrow beam (used when visibility is poor, such as when silt particles are kicked up from the bottom creating a large cloud of underwater dust). These lights get very hot and are cooled by the surrounding water; they cannot be used on land, otherwise they will burst from the heat. Note, the batteries only last for a short period of time before they have to be recharched by a generator/solar panel/battery bank. You don't want to get caught deep inside a cave when your batteries go dead and you're surrounded by nothing but darkness (not even adjusting your Gamma settings can save you). Always bring a backup light in case your primary light goes dead.

F) Dive Boat: A small boat with an engine so you don't have to swim long distances on the surface... Additional storage for loot is available (50 slots). Can carry up to 4 people (with mods). The dive boat could double as a fishing vessel if fishing was added to the game, as well (just another thought since in A17 we now have recipes that require fish--fish tacos). A sonar mod is available to help find underwater cities, sunken ships, cave entrances, etc. and to provide depth information. An anchor mod is used to keep the boat from drifting (or keep someone onboard during the dive). The boat would also need a trailer so it could be towed to the water by the 4x4 or motorcycle.

G) Dive Shop: A new POI where most of the above items could be looted, along with the standard dive gear: air tanks, mask, fins, snorkel, etc. The pawn shop would be another location where dive gear could be found, along w/random containers. An air compressor would need to be added to the game (like the tablesaw was, recently) so you could refill your air tanks. Possible POI names: Sharky's or Sharky's Diving Den, The Aquatic Emporium, Water Gear Inc., The Shoreline's Edge, Wet & Wild (place this POI next to the strip club, and have the naked strippers work there as employees), Depth Dunkers, Water Explorations, Hydro Sports, or simply The Dive Shop. Ok, one more: Joel's Wet Wonders. :)

I have more ideas here, but this is enough to get started... and, I hope code can be written to perform the above mentioned tasks. Can you pull this one off TFP?

3) Mods & Recipes

A) Re-breather: This equipment would scrub CO2 when the diver exhales and recycle the expelled air, allowing the diver to stay underwater for longer periods of time. Attaches to scuba tanks, but adds to encumbrance. Better use this mod if you plan to enter a cave system.

B) Advanced Fins: Larger fins with special grooves that allow divers to propel themselves faster through the water (2 additional levels of speed).

C) Additional Gear/Thicker Wet Suit: Transform cloth clothing (shirts, pants, hood, gloves, and boots) into neoprene diving gear with a "special recipe" using oil, glue, and acid which will provide greater warmth underwater. Also, upgrade a finished 1/8 inch thick neoprene wetsuit (shirt & pants combine into one piece during the recipe process) into a 1/4 inch wetsuit with a mod, keeping the diver warmer for longer periods of time underwater.

D) Larger Air Tanks & Special Gases: Makes a longer dive profile possible, like the re-breather... but, causes a greater degree of encumbrance.

E) Spare Air: A mod that changes an ordinary, empty food can into an emergency air source. When finished, the spare air cylinder contains approximately 1 to 2 minutes of extra air for use in emergency situations—such as when your main air tanks run out of air in a cave system. Carried in your backpack or toolbelt. Can be refilled for repeated use like the primary air tanks.

Many more mods are possible, but I don't want to make this post too long... and I'd like to hear ideas from you as well.

4) Physical/Medical Effects You May Suffer From

A) Nitrogen Narcosis: If you dive too deep for too long, you may suffer from this malady. Basically, you will become disoriented and feel like you're drunk causing you to make poor decisions at depth that could cost you your life. A special drug could be developed in the game that may prevent this from happening, or at least lessen the possibility (an "N2" injector).

B) The Bends: Shoot to the surface too quickly and nitrogen bubbles could form in your bloodstream. You're better off to do a safety stop at 15 to 20 feet to off gas the nitrogen for a short period of time before surfacing. Otherwise, you may not be able to move. A "nitrogen dissipator" drug could be used to speed the process.

C) Panic Attacks: You may feel claustraphobic in tight areas (or in total darkness) while underwater. This will cause you to hyperventilate and use up your air much more quickly than normal. Depending on how much air you have in your tanks, you could drown. Take a small dose of a "relaxant" to calm down; but don't take too much, otherwise you could lose your decision-making ability and drown anyway.

D) Hypothermia: You lose body heat much more quickly underwater. Make sure you have the right equipment to stay warm, and don't do extremely long dives. Get too cold and your body might just shut down in the middle of a zed attack.

One last thought for this Sunday, would the developers be willing to release the source code for the game once they finally declare they are done with it? (as it seems they don't really care anymore?) then maybe other modders/devs could implement stuff like this.

I would like to see a beach/shore biome at an outer map edge, with various foods to find. Crustaceans, fishing etc. Even scuba gear.

A whole underwater biome might be farther than the devs would want to go I would imagine. But who knows ?

I would like to see a beach/shore biome at an outer map edge, with various foods to find. Crustaceans, fishing etc. Even scuba gear.

A whole underwater biome might be farther than the devs would want to go I would imagine. But who knows ?

Why though? It isn't that much effort, hence why a modder did achieve it by himself as seen on this forum. and again, why not create a second map? (like Ark with Ragnarok, PUBG and so many other games) and then just see how the community responds? Make Navezgane map BETA and the new world Alpha..they can be very original in how they handle this and maybe even inspire a change in the gaming world.

dude, i'm sorry but just no.

i read the whole article and you put much effort and thinking into it.

but does it sound like 7 Days? definitely not. what you're asking for is a whole new game.

none of this has anything to do with a zombie apocalypse, but rather subnautica (i guess - never played it).

Please reread the first post and tell me what you think.. I revamped it to try and make it more clear what I wanted to achieve with this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

:) no...

play another game....

I would say that maybe some mods could do this in the future, but water physics is not suitable for this at all.

Please reread the first post and tell me what you think.. I revamped it to try and make it more clear what I wanted to achieve with this thread.

I agree that some love to the underwater biome would be cool. I'm not sure they will go as far as you outlined but at least some submerged POI's and some gear would be welcome.

Please reread the first post and tell me what you think.. I revamped it to try and make it more clear what I wanted to achieve with this thread. I have found a liking in you Roland and would appreciate seeing what the moderators would like to chage in the game if you wouldn't mind posting your ideas here?

- - - Updated - - -

I think $ 500,000 is big enough

even with the organization of another kickstarter funding is not enough

I'm not sure that I get the point you are trying to make? Please elaborate?

Ok let's add everything... See you in ten years maybe ;)

But seriously why are you so caught up with this underwater world? You know that water sucks right now and it would be probably really hard to change and make it playable and balanced.

Ok let's add everything... See you in ten years maybe ;)

But seriously why are you so caught up with this underwater world? You know that water sucks right now and it would be probably really hard to change and make it playable and balanced.

It is a personal thing, I really love the ocean and beaches..it calms me..and i love coral reefs and stuff like that..and I've been dreaming about a game like this my entire life..and it feels like it could happen here..once it is implemented you will understand the why..sometimes the end justifies the means.

Performance is the big thing here. there are quite some limitations to a voxelgame. and to one with such nice graphics especially. just compare it to minecraft - 7 Days looks so much better. But it comes at a cost. and i get that you want to extend the lategame as atm there isn't much to to. that's why a frequently start over with a new save, a new world and new building ideas. new ruleset (sometimes rules that i just put on myself as "dont put any skillpoints in skill XY") to make a different experience.

we'll see what TFP come up with to flesh this one out. MM said there will be a new zombie, which can shread your base, which will be a new threat to the endgame.

Posted on steam, by me, on another comment, but I think it is relevant to this reply of yours:

"it doesn't have to be ultra realistic.jeez..you are playing a game fighting zombies and learning how to build very complex things by just spending perk points and you go from crafting sticks and stones till cars in 28 days (it is achievable) so why cant the water just be "good enough" like minecraft? I (and we, guessing most sane people will agree with me) won't be bothered if the coastline's water isn't realistic but deep down in the vast ocean you swim then it wont require comlpez stuff, just editing the screen to look bluer..and they can make the ocean unmoddable for a while and just put in atlantis and chests with islands..then you dig down in an island to create your underwater base and quickly place window blocks (just like in minecraft if you want a base underwater, there are multiple ways of implementing this without trying to make it SUPER REALISTIC ..just dream for a moment,, don't get caught in the EXTREME DETAIL. thats what minecraft did and somehow its community is still bigger than 7 days to die and it costs more on average than 7D2D even with all its unrealistic things...BECAUSE IT IS FUN (but 7 days to diecan be so so so much more with its Unity engine)"

I don't know what to say. for me the water is good enough as it is. = i can get something to drink there. everytime an airdrop or a treasure is in the water im thinking "god damnit why?". even in ark i never bothered with the water other than getting ressources that i need there.

and why would you want an underwater base? it breaks the water (at least in its current state) so hard that you have air-gaps all over the place. you cant really fight under water, so defending it from the horde is hard.

IF you had vehicles like submarines or boats, it would just add another cheesy way to escape the horde.

ATM there are no oceans, just lakes and rivers. and if they were there a lot of people would be pissed because it would "take away" space for possible buildings to loot.

i just dont see the advantages of said underwater stuff or the benefits to the game. i like the game as a walking dead / left for dead type game.

in any zombie scenario if somebody went diving in a lake i would just think "what a absolute dumbass to take this risk"

there is only so much you can do in a game with your time you decide to spend on it. and i'd rather have a nice zombie-survival-building game than a game that does everything but nothing works.

for your vision to be implemented TFP would need about 100 additional developpers, an absurd amount of money, rebuild what they already have and about 25 years of time.. especially the space part.

all in all i'm just not interested in the water other than cooking and drinking :)

It is a personal thing, I really love the ocean and beaches..it calms me..and i love coral reefs and stuff like that..and I've been dreaming about a game like this my entire life..and it feels like it could happen here..once it is implemented you will understand the why..sometimes the end justifies the means.

Ocean + beaches + zombies??? that's a weird dream :D There is already game like this, Dead Island I think

I don't know what to say. for me the water is good enough as it is. = i can get something to drink there. everytime an airdrop or a treasure is in the water im thinking "god damnit why?". even in ark i never bothered with the water other than getting ressources that i need there.

and why would you want an underwater base? it breaks the water (at least in its current state) so hard that you have air-gaps all over the place. you cant really fight under water, so defending it from the horde is hard.

IF you had vehicles like submarines or boats, it would just add another cheesy way to escape the horde.

ATM there are no oceans, just lakes and rivers. and if they were there a lot of people would be pissed because it would "take away" space for possible buildings to loot.

i just dont see the advantages of said underwater stuff or the benefits to the game. i like the game as a walking dead / left for dead type game.

in any zombie scenario if somebody went diving in a lake i would just think "what a absolute dumbass to take this risk"

there is only so much you can do in a game with your time you decide to spend on it. and i'd rather have a nice zombie-survival-building game than a game that does everything but nothing works.

for your vision to be implemented TFP would need about 100 additional developpers, an absurd amount of money, rebuild what they already have and about 25 years of time.. especially the space part.

all in all i'm just not interested in the water other than cooking and drinking :)

okay other than the underwater world? did you reread the main post because I would love to hear your opinion on the other ideas there?

- - - Updated - - -

Ocean + beaches + zombies??? that's a weird dream :D There is already game like this, Dead Island I think

okay other than the underwater world? did you reread the main post because I would like to hear your opinion on the other ideas there?

Archived