Remove radiation zone damage

I was looking for a way to do this in the newer version but everything I found was made for the older version and so after some looking through game files I have found a simple solution. All I do is open/edit the buffs.xml file and search for buffRadiation3 which is the buff that damages you for entering the radiation zone. I use that to find the place that tells the game to give you that buff when you enter radiation zone which should look like.

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffRadiation3">
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="god"/>
			<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="_biomeradiation" operation="GT" value="2.5"/>
		</triggered_effect>

After I that I simply put ignore tags on it so it looks like this

<!-- <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffRadiation3">
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="god"/>
			<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="_biomeradiation" operation="GT" value="2.5"/>
		</triggered_effect> --> 

After you are finished save and close the xml. Then in the game you will not get the buff that hurts you from going into the radiation zone but be careful out there or you will fall off the edge of the world. Alternatively, you could get a similar result if instead of doing that you edit the buff itself so it does not damage you and that way you have some warning when you enter the zone which could save you from accidentally running off the edge of the world while running from zeds. To do that you edit the buffs.xml like before but instead of doing what was shown above search for.

<buff name="buffRadiation3" name_key="buffRadiation3Name" description_key="buffRadiation3Desc" tooltip_key="buffRadiation3Tooltip" icon="ui_game_symbol_radiation" icon_color="255,0,0" icon_blink="true">
	<damage_type value="radiation"/>
	<stack_type value="ignore"/>
	<duration value="5000"/>
	<update_rate value="1"/>
	<effect_group>
		<passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" duration="0,10" value="1,1"/>
		<passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" duration="10,50" value="1,30"/>
		<passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" duration="50,1000" value="40,1000"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="RadiationSignal" operation="add" value="1"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="RadiationSignal" operation="set" value="0">
			<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="RadiationSignal" operation="Equals" value="2"/>
		</triggered_effect>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="RadiationSignal" operation="set" value="0"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="1" fade=".7" effect_name="Hot">
			<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="RadiationSignal" operation="Equals" value="1"/>
		</triggered_effect>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="0" fade=".7" effect_name="Hot">
			<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="RadiationSignal" operation="Equals" value="0"/>
		</triggered_effect>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="0" fade="1" effect_name="Hot"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" target="self" buff="buffRadiation3">
			<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="_biomeradiation" operation="LT" value="2.5"/>
		</triggered_effect>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyScreenEffect" effect_name="Radiation" intensity=".6" fade="2"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="ModifyScreenEffect" effect_name="Radiation" intensity="0" fade="0"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="ModifyScreenEffect" effect_name="Radiation" intensity="0" fade="2"/>
	</effect_group>
</buff>

In that code you need to find and remove

<passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" duration="0,10" value="1,1"/>
		<passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" duration="10,50" value="1,30"/>
		<passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" duration="50,1000" value="40,1000"/>

You can do this by deleting those lines or adding the ignore code to them so they look like

<!-- <passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" duration="0,10" value="1,1"/>
		<passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" duration="50,1000" value="40,1000"/> -->

After that you save and it should give you the buff when you enter but the buff should no longer hurt you. Both of those options worked after I tested them and so it is up to you what ones you want to use. Sorry I did not make a modlet or something (I simply have no clue how lol) but if anyone wants to make this into a modlet and release that themselves they are free to do so.

This is technically a modification, the installation process is fully involved but non the less a modification, imo should just make the changes to the vanilla files and upload them for download and add the appropriate tags. Either way its on the list of mods for reference for those that are interested.

Archived