Seeds and Farming

Epicurius

You never harvested even once before spending points all the way to lvl 5? I start farming immediately. Usually on D2 or so.

yeah I truly haven't done a single piece of farming apart from trees and now hearing all this I regret it! and I don't suppose any of you guys know if simple lights can grow food now or is it still strictly sunlight? and I hear Joel isn't very much on improving farming per say but surely using artificial lights would be a must... especially since I just did a concrete ceiling with 800 blocks + and now I need to make skylights for them to grow but I truly hope this isn't the case

yeah I truly haven't done a single piece of farming apart from trees and now hearing all this I regret it! and I don't suppose any of you guys know if simple lights can grow food now or is it still strictly sunlight? and I hear Joel isn't very much on improving farming per say but surely using artificial lights would be a must... especially since I just did a concrete ceiling with 800 blocks + and now I need to make skylights for them to grow but I truly hope this isn't the case

You cannot farm with simple lights. You need one light shaft for 9x9 minus the corners. You can cover the top of the shaft with an arrow slot. Should have probably though about that before you spent 8000 concrete on your ceiling.

You cannot farm with simple lights. You need one light shaft for 9x9 minus the corners. You can cover the top of the shaft with an arrow slot. Should have probably though about that before you spent 8000 concrete on your ceiling.

Yeah I truly agree I should of but building a huge base on solo with no true blue print is a mission in itself on survival lol... one min your building next there's a screamer because your crafting lol but thanks for confirming it, so it sounds like I'll be using slits or glass guess it'll give my house on top a interesting shape

Yeah I truly agree I should of but building a huge base on solo with no true blue print is a mission in itself on survival lol... one min your building next there's a screamer because your crafting lol but thanks for confirming it, so it sounds like I'll be using slits or glass guess it'll give my house on top a interesting shape

Ahaaaa I must have the luck of a saint I guess but my window openings have provided enough light with windows at present but I will put some and my plants are growing!!! so no adjustments to my ceiling needed :fat::fat::cocksure::cocksure::smile-new:

Snowberries cannot be farmed in the current implementation. You could mod it in. IIRC, it only requires a recipe addition and changing the fact that player-planted snowberries when harvested return to stage1 growth (otherwise the plant will disappear). I don't have the xml changes on me atm, but can paste them here if you would like.

Would be a interesting one to add but I think I'll just buy from my vendors for now lol... seems odd that snowberry is the only one you can't grow without modding it but thanks for the suggestion jdm and is the snowberry drink even worth it? I've got all plants farmed as well is there any equivalent to the snowberry drink?

Would be a interesting one to add but I think I'll just buy from my vendors for now lol... seems odd that snowberry is the only one you can't grow without modding it but thanks for the suggestion jdm and is the snowberry drink even worth it? I've got all plants farmed as well is there any equivalent to the snowberry drink?

Such irregularities provide choice. Snowberries can not be grown, so are only available in limited amounts and cost more time to get. So the resultant drink can be very powerful without making other drinks pointless.

The yucca juice smoothie is pretty overpowered. It gives 22 to max stamina, 11 to health, 78 to water, 30 to cold resist, and 15% stamina. It requires 4 yucca, 4 blueberries, 1 glass jar, 1 snowball, and 1 snowberry extract (made in chem station with 1 snowberry and 1 corn meal). You can pretty much farm an unlimited amount of blueberry/corn/yucca, make as many glass jars as you want, and in as little as a few minutes you can shovel over 1k snowballs. So the limiting factor is normally the snowberry in this recipe. As meganoth says, being able to grow snowberries to make unlimited smoothies essentially makes all other drinks obsolete (except red tea I think gives more of a stamina recovery boost).

Archived