No Crafting Challenge Mod (game mode)

OrbitalBliss

No Crafting Challenge Mod -- 7 Days to Die [Alpha 17.4]

V1.2 (final Alpha 17 version) by OrbitalBliss

Welcome to the No Crafting Challenge Mod.

This Mod removes all crafting... ALL crafting.

It also gives a slight bump to the Loot in regards to Food, Drink, and Medical Supplies, plus a few additions.

The Trader gets a boost in those things as well, and can sell a few things he previously did not.

Some of these additions are far less common than others, or require higher Barter (like Vehicles).

And a number of small fixes (I borrowed from my Home Depot Mod).

This mod is designed to be installed on a fresh game, but should work when added to an ongoing game.

This mod is intended to be played with all setting set to default, but you do you.

I hope this fills out your players gaming experiences. Have fun!!

WHAT WAS DONE!?!

Removed ALL Recipes (and fixed resulting issues; broken scrapping and weapon/armor mod values, etc)

Disabled ALL Craftsmaship Perks, and gave Living Off The Land a new 1st Rank ability.

Re-tooled Intellect to give an XP bonus (instead of Crafting bonus, of course)

Starting Mission Overhaul:

• Place Bedroll. (Added Bedroll to starting equipment)
  • Wear PlantFiber Clothes. (Added PlantFiber Clothes to rewards)
  • Find Trader

Loot Modifications:

• Increase Food, Drink, and Medicine in Loot.
  • Added Frame Ramps (both), and Added Bicycle (in dumpsters rarely and lowlevel).
  • Removed Rare Recipe Books & Removed Crafting Magazines.

Trader Modifcations:

• Increase number of Trader items and amount of items swapped at restock.
  • Increase Traders Food and Medical Sales. Trader (almost) always sells Bandages.
  • Added Torches, Barbed Wire (both), Ladders, Wood Bars, and Bedrolls.
  • Added (rarely) Snowberry & Supercorn seeds, Land Claim Blocks
  • Added Vehicldes
  • Added Bicycle to Traders (Rarely & low level, also as possible quest reward)
  • Added all Vehicles to Traders secret stash locked behind high Bartering.
  • Reduced the Economic Value of vehicles... so they don't cost 350,000 dukes.
  • Removed Rare Recipe Books (quest reward) & Removed Crafting Magazines.

HOW TO INSTALL

Simply download the No_Crafting_Challenge_Mod_v1.2.zip file (or whatever the current release is).

Do NOT just click "Clone or download" or you'll be downloading stuff you don't want/need.

Decompress this ZIP directly into your 7 Days to Die install directory.

If you didn't have a "Mods" folder, this will create one.

You should be ready to go.

PLEASE ... Always backup your save folder if you are adding mods to pre-existing games.

WHERE IS IT!?!

DOWNLOAD FROM GITHUB

SPECIAL THANKS

Thanks to JaWoodle on YouTube. Your No-Crafting Challenge videos inspired me to make this mod in the first place.

I've got the new version ready, and it all good for 17.3 and so on.

VERSION HISTORY

Added in v1.1:

To Traders: Torches, Barbed Wire (both), Ladders

To Loot Lists: Frame Ramps, Bicycle (dumpsters rarely and low level), Removed Rare Recipe Books

Attributes/Perks: Re-tooled Intellect to give an XP bonus, Removed ALL the Craftsmenship Perks. Gave LivingOffTheLand a new Level 1, which gives Double Wild Crops. (fixed menues on this an Intellect)

Cleaned up somecoding; How Recipes were removed before, and cross-mod compatibility. Also added the Read-Me to the Zip file.

ARGGG, I needed to fix a healing bug.

Added in v1.1.1:

- BUG FIX: Healing could get dissabled... now that's fixed (you character may have to die once, sorry)

- TRADER QUESTS: Removed Rare Recipe Books from Trader Quests. Added rare low level bicycle to rewards.

ARGGG, I needed to fix a healing bug.

Added in v1.1.1:

- BUG FIX: Healing could get dissabled... now that's fixed (you character may have to die once, sorry)

- TRADER QUESTS: Removed Rare Recipe Books from Trader Quests. Added rare low level bicycle to rewards.

I had noticed that the bandages weren't restoring your max health. Is that the bug you were referring to? I had some other modlets installed with this one, so I wasn't sure if the bug came from this modlet or one of the others, so I didn't report it...

Yes, that was it.

Because I chopped out the Craftsmanship perks, and Physician was one of them.

I didn't anticipate (I feel rightfully so), that the game would set a person's healing rate based on a perk, even if they have level 0 of the perk.

So I recoded it to set 'everyone's' heal rate to 'normal', regardless of perks. And if I put back in the Physician perk (or a version), I'd have it 'adjust' their heal rate based on external factors... like the perk.

A couple of small additions, but mostly a change to improve compatibility when installed into games already in progress.

Added in v1.2:

- To Traders: Wood Bars (uncommonly), Removed Crafting Magazines, Increase trader items and swapped items, Increased cost of Land Claim Block

- To Loot Lists: Removed Crafting Magazines

- FIX: Disabled Crafting Perks (instead of Removing them), which should increase compatibility with pre-existing games.

• 5 months later...

Three friends and I play this mod all the time with A17.4. We all got burned out with the tedious crafting and would rather scavenge for food and supplies. This mod really amps up the survival aspect of the game and eliminates what we consider the boring parts. I look forward to upgrading our little dedicated coop server to A18 if/when you release a new version. We appreciate your hard work.

Archived