Where to find lead?

zootal

Since A16, and now in A17, piles of lead no longer appear on the surface of the world. And we have only once since A16 dropped been able to find lead deposits. We have a critical lead shortage because no one can find lead.

So the question is, where do you find lead deposits? We have iron coming out our arses, iron deposits are everywhere. Where and how can we find lead deposits?

I am in the same boat. Only place I find even a meager bit of lead is from the rocks / boulders on the surface.

I must have smashed every boulder and scrapped every car for the battery in a 3 Km radius around my base.

When it comes to "Which Bio", since the change to mining A16-A17, I have no idea.

Since A16, and now in A17, piles of lead no longer appear on the surface of the world. And we have only once since A16 dropped been able to find lead deposits. We have a critical lead shortage because no one can find lead.

So the question is, where do you find lead deposits? We have iron coming out our arses, iron deposits are everywhere. Where and how can we find lead deposits?

Lead is abundant if you bedrock mine. You find plenty of it around coal and nitrate deposits.

Lead is abundant if you bedrock mine. You find plenty of it around coal and nitrate deposits.

I've rooted around at bedrock level a bit, but found nothing but stone and iron. Maybe I need to go dig in desert or waste/burn zone?

I've rooted around at bedrock level a bit, but found nothing but stone and iron. Maybe I need to go dig in desert or waste/burn zone?

In general, any resource can be found in any biome. However, lead should be the most common resource in the forest biome.

Like RipClaw said. I have found lead most abundant in the forest biome at bedrock. Coal and Nitrate under the burn zone also at bedrock. My method is to dig several levels 7X7 with cobblestone walls and floors (since you need the rock, iron and clay for crafting anyway), then go straight down until you hit bedrock. I hollow out a 3X3 or 5X5 space 2 blocks high and then dig a straight line 2 blocks high for about 50 blocks and then go at a 90 degree angle 2 blocks high and about 12 blocks long. Keep doing that on every other block row down the long tunnel (imagine a hair comb if you were looking down at it from above). You will eventually hit an ore seam. It's grindy but I have had good success with this method.

Archived