traderAlways not so Always

I made a bit of an assumption (I know, one shouldn't) that 'all' items from item group "traderAlways" (in traders.xml) would restock every time the trader restocked. That does not seem to be the case.

Any tips on how to assure something gets restocked, every time?

As a side note; Does anyone know if this behaviour was intentional, or a bug?

I cant say for sure but I would say this is probably intentional looking at the code.

As the title says always I would think it is intended that you always get the same stuff and amounts at each reset.

You could review the counts and probabilties too on the groups called by the trader always to force differences perhaps .... and /or

increase the maximum / minimum items swapped at reset.

this could be a factor involved as it appears for trader that 20 items out of 80 get swapped , maybe this could be increased to improve the situation .

<trader_info id="1" min_inventory="40" max_inventory="80" min_items_swapped="20" max_items_swapped="20"
	reset_interval="3" open_time="6:05" close_time="21:50">

As the title says always I would think it is intended that you always get the same stuff and amounts at each reset.

I thought so as well. But it doesn't function that way. The code looks (to me) like it should:

<trader_item_group name="traderAlways" count="all">

Unless I misunderstand something, that "all" should mean the entire list is restocked, but it's not. I even thought my mods might have been the culprit (somehow), so I confirmed on a fresh unmodded game.

this could be a factor involved as it appears for trader that 20 items out of 80 get swapped , maybe this could be increased to improve the situation .

<trader_info id="1" min_inventory="40" max_inventory="80" min_items_swapped="20" max_items_swapped="20"
	reset_interval="3" open_time="6:05" close_time="21:50">

That crossed my mind to, so I did this:

<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='1']/@min_inventory">45</set>
<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='1']/@max_inventory">85</set>
<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='1']/@min_items_swapped">25</set>
<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='1']/@max_items_swapped">25</set>

It did not cause the tradersAlways list to restock completely.

This is interesting ... may be bugged

I looked at some tweaks I did when helping theredwolf13 on his traders modlet theredwolf13 -Modlets

<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='1']/@min_inventory">40</set>
<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='1']/@max_inventory">100</set>

There's 60 items to play with ....you could try upping the amounts of items swapped for checking purposes

Say probably using 60 and going up to 100 ?

Doing a forced daily trader reset via theredwolf13's modlet and to be honest next time im testing in game gonna have a look.

Archived