Alpha 17.3 Seeds

iBane

i only tried 2 seeds for 17.3

"ZNation" and "somewhere"

both have tons of cities but very low count on skyscrapers, i didn't have time now to look properly or to try other seeds but seems to me that skyscrapers are a rare commodity in 17.3 also

someone can confirm this? i had to run away, it's Endgame time for me finally :)

I used Alpha17.3(b18) as a seed and so far its been pretty cool.

I started in a area right next to a large city, desert, and maple forest.

Unfortunately, the nearest trader is about a km away. Oh well, can't have everything.

- P

Seems like skyscrapers may be causing performance problems, water plant causes lag at times. Hardly seen any towers in 17 at all. Some of the 17.2 seeds still hold well but repetition of buildings still seems present as do the janky roads.

For good maps go download the Nitro Gen tools ( Nitrogen

It creates great maps with skyscrapers and all you can wish for. Quickly make a map and copy it under worlds under Data in 7d2d file. Than start a new world and choose the pregenerated world.

Does it work with Darkness Fall?

how to use it?

He linked the prefabs list somewhere in the threat, it needs to replace the provided one in the resource folder. After that you can generate maps containing those POIs referenced in the list. You should ask him for details.

Does it work with Darkness Fall?

I've been using Nitrogen for DF all the time. Works without any problems. I just generated all kinds of maps ( you can play with all the options ) and than just copy/paste that map under DF worlds.

DF is the only 7d2d I play so I made quite a few maps for it. ( try to use wasteland option since thats the only place you will find behemoths ).

Cannot recommend Nitro Gen enough - after playing on a couple of maps generated by it, it seems hard to go back to the odd-looking vanilla maps. Thanks to the options for customizing, it is easy to make a map of very few cities, towns and POIs which prefer. Thus I can enjoy the rare joy of finding a new building and completely stripping it of everything which I otherwise cannot find in nature...

Thanks a lot, Damocles!

Are there new poi's in 17.3? I been debating on trying nitrogen as I am sick of spending 30-60 mins generating worlds to find one that is decent biome wise. What made the devs decide this biome soup mess was a good idea is beyond me. I understand its randomgen but this is a tad too random. I been trying to figure out what to edit in the xml's to lower the percent of snow/wasteland/burnt forest spawning but I can't figure out what value to adjust.

It´s not supposed to stay like that actually. @Scyris There was a thread about that when a17 hit where the guy (something with K) from TFP who is responsible for the RWG said it won´t stay like that. This is what happens in early access, some things might temporarily get effed up in the process of makin.

We started a new 17.3 map yesterday and for a lark used "Hand of Fate" as a seed. Our team member for fun ran the previewer on it and we went in. Has a good bit of each biome and have found some larger buildings as well as a good mix of other POI's. So far we have found 3 traders.

Archived