Git Gud

I don't think any of the mods here act without professionalism. As far as I know, they do not:

Ban people just because they don't like them.

Promote posts that agree with only their personal bias.

Demote/delete posts that do not agree with their biases.

Angrily rant at people they don't agree with.

All of the mods seem to do everything they can to help anyone who asks (see: tech questions section) to a degree that I have no seen in any other forum of this kind.

What they also are (likely) - are fans of the game with their own opinions who want to engage as passionately as the rest of the players with the discussions about the game that brings us all here.

I don't think any of the mods here act without professionalism. As far as I know, they do not:

All of the mods seem to do everything they can to help anyone who asks (see: tech questions section) to a degree that I have no seen in any other forum of this kind.

What they also are (likely) - are fans of the game with their own opinions who want to engage as passionately as the rest of the players with the discussions about the game that brings us all here.

I highly promote this post!

We only trust Sylen with a blunderbuss...

Yeah, don't let me anywhere near a machine gun.

I have gotten close to the line a few times. I'm not afraid to tell someone they're acting the idiot when they're acting the idiot. I also expect people to be able to think for themselves and work stuff out, rather than be led like a child.

Sadly, that's not the state of the latest generation of gamers.

As for "Git Gud", I think the biggest issue is that people simply don't (or can't), think outside their way of doing things.

Which really, is the biggest issue with a17. People are so set in the way they used to play, and aren't willing or capable of adapting to the changes that have happened.

Reminds me of a quote an old manager had on his desk. "Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire."

Now somebody help me with They Are Billions, because there's a game that's REALLY unfair.

-Morloc

Wish I could. Too hard for me. I used to be good at RTS until that game came along. There are a lot of pros who make it look easy. I watch. I study. I fail.

Git gud does seem to trigger a lot of people. It seems to me it has a negative tone to it even if it is said in jest. Maybe because, like it's often said, you can't really relay sarcasim or humor in type like you can in a vocal message. Someone telling me to git gud would seem hurtful more than just saying hey maybe you need some more practice and then it will come easier to you.

Either that or I am just a snowflake...a word that also sends a shiver up my spine when read...even not directed at me.

I have an issue with this comment.

When people come to this forum and complain ,are frustrated with the game ,and potentially their lack of abilities at playing this game and are asking for help ,directly or indirectly, and we respond with "git gud" or tell them they're playing "wrong" it's very trollish behaviour and it's purposely insulting.

I cringe every time I see people do this and lately it's even being done by moderators. This only leads to a toxic environment and frustrates players even more. This forum currently is about as toxic as it gets and people are making more and more aggressive posts because they're fed up . Sometimes we need to take a step back and think about things from someone elses perspective rather than trying to force feed people your opinion.

I think people in general should stop being whiny little bitch special snowflakes myself, but thats never going to happen. People need to get thicker skin these days. Not trying to forced feed my opinion its just how I feel, as some of the stuff I see people whining about on the internet just makes me wanna facepalm hard because of how stupid it often is. Hmm animated gif didn't play.. That looked akward.

Lets try this: https://i.imgur.com/pbdHflt.gif

563439144_FacepalmofDespair.jpg.def465ec2b7ff647cb12b08d00d7227b.jpg

Git gud does seem to trigger a lot of people. It seems to me it has a negative tone to it even if it is said in jest. Maybe because, like it's often said, you can't really relay sarcasim or humor in type like you can in a vocal message. Someone telling me to git gud would seem hurtful more than just saying hey maybe you need some more practice and then it will come easier to you.

Either that or I am just a snowflake...a word that also sends a shiver up my spine when read...even not directed at me.

I'm not a big fan of the git gud phrase myself, unless you can say what it is I am doing wrong, then I can kinda accept it that I need to git gud and stop being a bad player. What really triggers me is people using Weeb/Weeaboo without actually knowing its real meaning. Its real meaning actually has nothing to do with anime or videogames.

For reference: "a weeaboo is a person that constantly tries to act japanese while knowing nothing about japanese language/culture and constantly tries to force talking about japanese stuff onto others or convince them that japan is better"

Really bugs me when someone comes into a anime chat room and starts spouting it, since 99% of the time they don't even know what it means.

I think people in general should stop being whiny little bitch special snowflakes myself, but thats never going to happen. People need to get thicker skin these days. Not trying to forced feed my opinion its just how I feel, as some of the stuff I see people whining about on the internet just makes me wanna facepalm hard because of how stupid it often is. Hmm animated gif didn't play.. That looked akward.

I was thinking similar but I didn't want to post it and give the impression that I am the kind of person who wants to go around the forum looking for victims to hand out word slappings to.

Maybe I'm just getting old... but if someone said git gud to me at any point in my gaming lifetime, I think would probably do two things. First, I would ask how. Second, I would. Then it's done.

I was thinking similar but I didn't want to post it and give the impression that I am the kind of person who wants to go around the forum looking for victims to hand out word slappings to.

Maybe I'm just getting old... but if someone said git gud to me at any point in my gaming lifetime, I think would probably do two things. First, I would ask how. Second, I would. Then it's done.

Oh I don't go around spouting it at people, I do offer advice though if someone is struggling with a game.

someone thats on here complaining about the game is allready frustrated and having problems and not enjoying the game so its our job to help them with actual info. even if theyre mad and yelling and swearing if theyre met with actual helpfull people it will teach them to tone it down and realize they will actually get help and there are solutions

I highly promote this post!

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have gotten close to the line a few times. I'm not afraid to tell someone they're acting the idiot when they're acting the idiot. I also expect people to be able to think for themselves and work stuff out, rather than be led like a child.

Sadly, that's not the state of the latest generation of gamers.

As for "Git Gud", I think the biggest issue is that people simply don't (or can't), think outside their way of doing things.

Which really, is the biggest issue with a17. People are so set in the way they used to play, and aren't willing or capable of adapting to the changes that have happened.

Reminds me of a quote an old manager had on his desk. "Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire."

I don't doubt it. Moderating anything involving people will inevitably lead to casually thinking about hitting the ban button at least once. But I equate that to that one customer ranting and raving over whatever it might be. I might imagine strangling them, but I don't do it.

Git Gud can be a valid thing when a player refuses to engage with the basics mechanics of the game or makes completely unfounded claims about how that mechanic works while also refusing any and all attempts to help them understand it. Git Gud can also be snobbish insult lobbed into the fray with no other intention than be a jerk from the start. But, it's an not insult I get particularly fussed about either. It's generally easy to tell from the course of the conversation which one it is.

- - - Updated - - -

someone thats on here complaining about the game is allready frustrated and having problems and not enjoying the game so its our job to help them with actual info. even if theyre mad and yelling and swearing if theyre met with actual helpfull people it will teach them to tone it down and realize they will actually get help and there are solutions

I don't disagree with you. That said, I am also a FIRM believer in you get what you put out. If someone is hostile and aggressive straight out of the gate, no one should feel obligated to hold their hand and calm them down. Perhaps those same people need to take a moment to breathe and then ask as politely as they wish to be responded to.

well i do understand that ktr and to each their own. as veteran users of the game and forum tho and having seen what happens when you meet negativity with negativity ,its better to just not respond sometimes if yur gunna give sarcasm and take jabs. if anything its totally ok to ask the people to tone it down and encourage them to ask valid questions so they get legit valid responses that will actually help them

Kinda. If someone posted in questions it indicates that they are looking for help. In this case, sure, you could say it the job of those who reply to be helpful. If someone posts complaints in general discussions, those complaints are open to discussion. It is not my job or yours to calm someone who is complaining, nor to teach them anything... but you can do so if you desire. Nobody is going to stop you. I certainly haven't seen any additions in my paycheck. We're lucky moderators volunteer to do this.

We're lucky moderators volunteer to do this.

This, 1000x this.

I can't say I agree with Roland's opinions on different subjects 100% of the time, or any other moderator for that matter, but honestly, I find myself lucky that I'm not in their shoes(I've been moderator/admin on some big forums 10+ years so can relate). I haven't seen them throwing out "git gud", but I can see someone new thinking he/she has been told that whenever they don't get the acknowledgment in discussion they're looking for, especially if different opinion is coming from a moderator.

Everyone has a right to have an opinion.

People should either develop thick skin(hey, it's internet) if they're discussing(not justifying insults to be clear), or should stick in help subforum if they want help, kind of simple.

Ehhh, I don't want to bother and "git gud", (Another not-a-fan of that phrase) and thankfully, this game has options, so I "git rid of running zombies at night, git rid of dogs and vultures through mods, and now, have made my blood moon git back a week as that wasn't doing it either.

Never been a fan of fast zombies. The slower ones are enough of a threat in this game anyway, they way they creep up behind you, etc.

I had an excellent moment earlier where I was on a porch looking downward when the sun coming up made this terrifying shadow of the zombie behind me and saved my butt. And this game made me scream out loud AGAIN! :)

Ehhh, I don't want to bother and "git gud", (Another not-a-fan of that phrase) and thankfully, this game has options, so I "git rid of running zombies at night, git rid of dogs and vultures through mods, and now, have made my blood moon git back a week as that wasn't doing it either.

Never been a fan of fast zombies. The slower ones are enough of a threat in this game anyway, they way they creep up behind you, etc.

I had an excellent moment earlier where I was on a porch looking downward when the sun coming up made this terrifying shadow of the zombie behind me and saved my butt. And this game made me scream out loud AGAIN! :)

And this is why the phrase "Git Gud" is so bad, and rarely ever warranted.

The best way to play this game is simply this:

HOWEVER YOU ENJOY IT! :-)

If that means turning Zombies down, off, or upside down if someone makes a mod for that, if that means making them run, slow, crawl or teleport to you, if it means making base building the most rewarding activity, or preventing building altogether, whatever it is, if it maximises your enjoyment of your copy of the game, then you have, most certainly and inarguably, gotten damned good at the game! ;-)

Archived