Peculiar Land Claim Block findings!

Vedui

On my sub-server, we were always running into weird behaviour where we'd get POI respawns even with land claim blocks covering, where no spawns occurred where bedrolls blocked, but always where no bedrolls and only land claim blocks covered.

So I did a video to try and test it out and get something more definitive, and it really seems as if (at least on a server) LCB's do not block zombie spawns despite being covered in the A17.0 patch notes.

Have anyone else run into this as well? SP vs MP?

Could this have broken in one of the subsequent a17.x patches, if it worked in A17.0? Or was the feather walked back/dropped?

I covered it in

along with other spawns, screamers, wandering hordes, blood moon hordes.

https://7daystodie.com/a17-early-streaming-release-notes/

They don't always offer LCB protection either. LCB's are pretty bugged atm, and blocking zed spawns has always been bugged.

To prevent Z's spawning in a POI you'd have to build a floor on top of the existing one, basicly putting a block on the spawn points. That'll do the trick.

(And possibly finding those odd spawn points as well).

That's with one reason why I always build my own base from scratch. It's also much more fun to design a base yourself than to modify an existing building.

Yeah my thinking was even if it was an intended functionality, it sure was buggy. :) I think it'd be good if they did block spawns personally, so I can protect a bigger POI. Just never got it to work. And every few restarts they seem to go inactive anyhow ;)

Well this is disappointing.

I saw something similar recently with a small respawn in the Bear Den (where we placed a land bloc and it covers the entire building), but to know that they effectively don't do anything? That's going to make our new base in the hospital REAL interesting.

I have an LCB and Bedroll down in a Ranger Station. Best starter house imho at the moment.

Never had zeds respawn in it. Ever.

Take them OUT, and yep, next time I come back, I have those unwanted relatives back in the house,

sleeping on the floor, and grumpy as hell when I wake'em up and ask them nicely to leave.

They won't leave, so of course I have to kill them, and mop up the floors.

:D

To prevent Z's spawning in a POI you'd have to build a floor on top of the existing one, basicly putting a block on the spawn points. That'll do the trick.

(And possibly finding those odd spawn points as well).

This hasn't blocked spawns for a couple of Alphas now. When they switched to the volume method and quit using the spawner blocks this idea of blocking spawns was depreciated. It will just spawn the Z's on the next available air space.

I ran into this issue last night when playing with a couple friends - it was a base we built from scratch and my land-claim covered it, but even so we kept getting a couple random zombies spawning there ('twas a horde night, OFC).

I thought about it and presumed it was because the other two were technically in-and-around my landclaim and therefore the game wasn't counting it, thus spawning them in for the others but not for me? Dunno if that's how it works or not, but figured I'll run a horde night solo and see if it happens again. Glad to know it's not just us though lol.

I ran into this issue last night when playing with a couple friends - it was a base we built from scratch and my land-claim covered it, but even so we kept getting a couple random zombies spawning there ('twas a horde night, OFC).

I thought about it and presumed it was because the other two were technically in-and-around my landclaim and therefore the game wasn't counting it, thus spawning them in for the others but not for me? Dunno if that's how it works or not, but figured I'll run a horde night solo and see if it happens again. Glad to know it's not just us though lol.

I have found that horde night spawns seem to work differently and I've had a wave spawn right in my base (we were in a tower for thehorde, one wave spawned over in our compound nearbyand they wrecked everything trying to get out and to us).

From now on I make sure I'm no where near "safe-base" for horde night.

From now on I make sure I'm no where near "safe-base" for horde night.

Ironically, I've done this on several occasions as well. I am curious now that you mention hordenight spawns acting differently. Otherwise I'muna have to boobytrap my own base's internals for hordenights and I really don't want to do that haha.

Ironically, I've done this on several occasions as well. I am curious now that you mention hordenight spawns acting differently. Otherwise I'muna have to boobytrap my own base's internals for hordenights and I really don't want to do that haha.

lol, I hear you. What happened at our end is that they spawned into a small courtyard near our caravan (all upgraded to steels/concrete). It was a solid wall, so they couldn't easily get out and wrecked shop ... smashing through the caravan wall and destroying a couple of food boxes in the process.

We decided to add an outer gate so they're head for that the next time, AND put a shotgun turret on the interior (plus a siren: so if they did spawn there, we'd at least be alerted).

Now in our current base (the hospital) even though the landclaim covers it all, we're leaving floor 1 as "zombie zone" and they can spawn there all they like. I'm concerned though bout respawns on the higher floors.

That's weird. I can SEE them spawn in on BM night, and none are really near the ranger house.

Dunno, maybe it has magic properties or something. (in navez, I use the one south of town in the burning land.

road north through town to get to the snow trader, road due west for the burning land trader)

I put my LCB in the block by the partial wall beside the overhead light. (thus 2 block from the stairs)

Bedroll beside the block along the stairs.

hmmm.

Archived