Multiplayer not working

Merlo

Hello all,

I'm new to this community and was starting a dedicated Steam server with a friend, as we were playing with SP invitations, but wanted to have a persistent world so he could log in while I'm not playing.

I downloaded the dedicated server tool on Steam, followed Vedui on YouTube to set everything up, I managed to get our map on the multiplayer folder and I can login without problems, server is up.

Did the port forwarding as per scsreenshot below, lowered also my firewall on the Router.

Cattura1.jpg.b7806776c8d98a9fa3e8a5f3a3d835f0.jpg

These ports are the ones I could pick from every source I found here on the internet, problem is my friend can't still log in, but if I check if my port is open on sites like canyouseeme.org, my port shows open when the server is up. He usually gets the connection timeout error.

Do you have any idea about what the problem could be?

Attaching also my serverconfig file.

Cattura4.jpg.9b74ba1a690a84303e6ca9c2f2531e39.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Cattura2.jpg.6d166725a468a1aea6895cb4449ec2a4.jpg

Unable to see the config files due to the way the forum shrinks uploaded images.

For your port forwarding, the top three lines should be removed. Then make just one for TCP/UDP 26900-26903. 25000-25003 isn't used by default any longer. We changed the ports to the 26900 range a few alphas ago. The last line should be 8080-8082 if you want to use the webmap with Allocs tools. If not, then it's fine as is. You really don't need it if you aren't connecting to the control panel or telnet remotely though.

Archived