A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

Suggestion: If possible, please add NPC companion mark on the player's compass so that when we lose sight of our companions, we can locate them quickly without looking on the map.

Tonight will be testing time for a few small changes and a new push, and I'll look into adding that as well. The tricky thing about adding any kind of UI elements like that is that it can start to clutter up the compass and be annoying to some. But we'll see how it plays.

Tonight will be testing time for a few small changes and a new push, and I'll look into adding that as well. The tricky thing about adding any kind of UI elements like that is that it can start to clutter up the compass and be annoying to some. But we'll see how it plays.

It could be optional or it could come as a separate mod. Even if it was a separate mod, I would definitely throw it into the pack for my personal gameplay.

As for the update itself, I'm looking forward to it and will test as soon as possible. Is this update supposed to fix any of the two issues I mentioned the other day - NPCs not following and disappearence of NPC after restart?

It could be optional or it could come as a separate mod. Even if it was a separate mod, I would definitely throw it into the pack for my personal gameplay.

As for the update itself, I'm looking forward to it and will test as soon as possible. Is this update supposed to fix any of the two issues I mentioned the other day - NPCs not following and disappearence of NPC after restart?

The NPCs not following, yes, I believe so. I think they are getting task-locked, so I added a fix for that.

As for the disappearance, I'm not sure if I've identified that issue or a potential fix yet. It's hard to debug, since they aren't there to debug when you log back in.

The NPCs not following, yes, I believe so. I think they are getting task-locked, so I added a fix for that.

As for the disappearance, I'm not sure if I've identified that issue or a potential fix yet. It's hard to debug, since they aren't there to debug when you log back in.

Maybe it's a similar problem like we had with minibikes in previous Alphas? But then again, in one of the previous versions of the mod, this wasn't an issue, I remember that I was able to quit the game and when I loaded it again, my NPC companion was there with me. Maybe it would help to know which version it was, but unfortunately I don't remember that exact version.

Maybe it's a similar problem like we had with minibikes in previous Alphas? But then again, in one of the previous versions of the mod, this wasn't an issue, I remember that I was able to quit the game and when I loaded it again, my NPC companion was there with me. Maybe it would help to know which version it was, but unfortunately I don't remember that exact version.

I think the issue has always been there, we just didn't hit the right conditions.

Have been doin a playthrough darkness falls with npcs havent had any disappear on me yet. But ive only been hireing one at a time due to lack of funds lol. Btw devolver, npcs im workin on are getting more polished but not quite there yet. I know you want me to share lol. Teaser:

:smile-new:

- - - Updated - - -

Main issue im having is the npcs not regenerating to max health, but a lower health value, or new max health if you will.

Have been doin a playthrough darkness falls with npcs havent had any disappear on me yet. But ive only been hireing one at a time due to lack of funds lol. Btw devolver, npcs im workin on are getting more polished but not quite there yet. I know you want me to share lol. Teaser:

:smile-new:

- - - Updated - - -

Main issue im having is the npcs not regenerating to max health, but a lower health value, or new max health if you will.

I'm also hiring one NPC at a time, NPCs are still disappearing though. :(

Lol and you remember me! Yes, I do hope you will share with us! :p I think that little creature that accompanied you there doesn't quite fit the theme, but it was still funny, I like it! :)

As for regeneration of health, it is quite disturbing indeed, I would like to know if we can heal them or let them heal somehow over time.

Anyway!

I found something suspicious, might be a bug, sometimes when I unintentionally hit my companion, they start attacking me. I do believe that they are supposed to forgive that, but I might be wrong.

I found something suspicious, might be a bug, sometimes when I unintentionally hit my companion, they start attacking me. I do believe that they are supposed to forgive that, but I might be wrong.

Please stop hitting our NPCs.... :(

Will look into it :) I did want to have some kind of Patience meter for that sort of thing...

Please stop hitting our NPCs.... :(

Will look into it :) I did want to have some kind of Patience meter for that sort of thing...

Well, there was a small explosion involved during the horde night, but I swear it was an accident! :angel2::biggrin1:

Thanks for looking into that! :)

Hello!

I have installed your SDX mod together with a lot of other SDX stuff i found in the launcher. Everything seems to be working fine in SP. Now i want to use these mod setup on my dedicated server.

Is it enough if i copy:

Assembly-CSharp.dll

Mods.dll

SDX.Core.dll

SDX.Payload.dll

into 7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed

and all other modfiles into \Mods?

I have try that and the server starts fine (on Nitrado) but after i play a while i cant find any NPC inworld from the Mod. Do i something wrong?

Sorry for my english and thanks in advanced!

DiDi

p.s.

i dont know where to find the logfiles on the server. All i find is a restarts log on nitrado website and ftp

Edited by DieselDieter (see edit history)

Hello!

I have installed your SDX mod together with a lot of other SDX stuff i found in the launcher. Everything seems to be working fine in SP. Now i want to use these mod setup on my dedicated server.

Is it enough if i copy:

Assembly-CSharp.dll

Mods.dll

SDX.Core.dll

SDX.Payload.dll

into 7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed

and all other modfiles into \Mods?

I have try that and the server starts fine (on Nitrado) but after i play a while i cant find any NPC inworld from the Mod. Do i something wrong?

Sorry for my english and thanks in advanced!

DiDi

p.s.

i dont know where to find the logfiles on the server. All i find is a restarts log on nitrado website and ftp

as far as i can tell the npc companions dont spawn, only the bandits and traders from those respective mods

you can spawn them in biome spawner with f6 or add them to the spawns yourself

Just pushed a few changes:

AI Tasks - Some time out now, hopefully avoiding task-lock where they follower refuses to follow you

EntityAliveSDX - Disabled the chunk observer as a test for the disappearing / unhired entities

as far as i can tell the npc companions dont spawn, only the bandits and traders from those respective mods

you can spawn them in biome spawner with f6 or add them to the spawns yourself

Okay thank you. I have try that and all i can spawn are the wandering traders. The NPCs and Aimals are not working on the Server. Do i miss some files to upload?

Mods i have uploaded:

Bloom's Animal Husbandry

SphereII Wandering Traders

Xyth Bandits

Xyth NPCs

Xyth Wandering Traders

Just pushed a few changes:

AI Tasks - Some time out now, hopefully avoiding task-lock where they follower refuses to follow you

EntityAliveSDX - Disabled the chunk observer as a test for the disappearing / unhired entities

Thank you very much for working on this! I will try asap!

IVstmq2.jpg

Pushed another fix in attempt to fix the missing cvars, which cause the npc to lose their reference to their leader

I see no update in Mod launcher yet, I will keep checking.

By the way, I tried the version that you uploaded earlier today and I haven't seen any NPCs in the world so far, but apparently the values that affect chances of NPC to spawn didn't change since the previous version in which I met plenty of NPCs in the world. I hope this is not another hidden bug. :(

EDIT:

Spoke too quickly. I refreshed the list of mods in Mod Launcher, saw the aforementioned update (saw only new version of SDX_EntityAlive, not sure if there's more to update) and I installed the update and started a new game and I saw the first NPC on the map, yay! :) Thank you again!

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

Sphereii !!! This seems to be the best update so far! Hired Mickey D The NPCBaker that was spawned a while ago, he follows me without any issue! Great! So that one bug there seems to be gone! I closed the game and then loaded it again. Mickey was still there with me! YAY!!! I opened his inventory and gave him 132 jars of murky water and 13 jars of clean water. Closed the game again and then loaded back into the game. Mickey was still there and his inventory had all the jars of water I gave him (except one jar of murky water which I guess he already used). So, the good news is that NPCs now seem to follow without problems, they stay with us after restart and items placed into their inventory seem to stay there after restart as well.

We are on the right track now! However, in the meantime I installed your mod called SphereII Unlock Health Bar and it reveals what is actually happening with the health of the NPCs and probably explains why are they suddenly dying even if we keep them supplied with water and food.

Here's my observation of what's going on:

Before I hired Mickey, I noticed that his health was constantly moving down and up again, repeatedly. As soon as I hired him, his health started to go down. When I just stand there and watch his health bar, his health goes down and never up, BUT as soon as I start moving and he follows, his health starts going up again and as soon as we stop, his health starts going down again. I'm not quite sure if this is intentional, but it's kinda weird and I can imagine that if he stays in one place long enough, he will just die. It's like that movie called Crank where the main guy had to keep moving if he wanted to stay alive lol

Sphereii !!! This seems to be the best update so far! Hired Mickey D The NPCBaker that was spawned a while ago, he follows me without any issue! Great! So that one bug there seems to be gone! I closed the game and then loaded it again. Mickey was still there with me! YAY!!! I opened his inventory and gave him 132 jars of murky water and 13 jars of clean water. Closed the game again and then loaded back into the game. Mickey was still there and his inventory had all the jars of water I gave him (except one jar of murky water which I guess he already used). So, the good news is that NPCs now seem to follow without problems, they stay with us after restart and items placed into their inventory seem to stay there after restart as well.

We are on the right track now! However, in the meantime I installed your mod called SphereII Unlock Health Bar and it reveals what is actually happening with the health of the NPCs and probably explains why are they suddenly dying even if we keep them supplied with water and food.

Here's my observation of what's going on:

Before I hired Mickey, I noticed that his health was constantly moving down and up again, repeatedly. As soon as I hired him, his health started to go down. When I just stand there and watch his health bar, his health goes down and never up, BUT as soon as I start moving and he follows, his health starts going up again and as soon as we stop, his health starts going down again. I'm not quite sure if this is intentional, but it's kinda weird and I can imagine that if he stays in one place long enough, he will just die. It's like that movie called Crank where the main guy had to keep moving if he wanted to stay alive lol

I'm glad that the most recent updates have helped a lot.

As for their health, I do have a hint based on your observation. When you are staring (non-creepily I assume), are you close to him? When you approach and NPC, they get a IsBusy flag which makes them stand still and look at you. I'm wondering if their health bar only lowers when they are in this state. It skips a bunch of other base class updates when he's doing that, so maybe his buffs aren't firing.

I am surprised that he's losing health and healing constantly.

I'm glad that the most recent updates have helped a lot.

As for their health, I do have a hint based on your observation. When you are staring (non-creepily I assume), are you close to him? When you approach and NPC, they get a IsBusy flag which makes them stand still and look at you. I'm wondering if their health bar only lowers when they are in this state. It skips a bunch of other base class updates when he's doing that, so maybe his buffs aren't firing.

I am surprised that he's losing health and healing constantly.

I'm not sure if it was the update that helped, maybe I should have mentioned that I also installed Bloom's Animal Husbandry which had SDX_SpawnFromEntityGroup as dependency. I know Bloom's Animal Husbandry was dependency for NPCs before and now it's supposed to work without that, but perhaps NPCs still depend on it somehow or maybe it depends on SDX_SpawnFromEntityGroup? Well, I don't know but it just works now. I haven't tried this latest update without these two mods yet to see if they helped to solve those issues.

As for the health of NPC, yes, I was close to him and he was in that state in which he puts his knife away and looks at you. After hiring him, I didn't think of trying to check his health at longer distance, but I will do that and report back.

The state in which he was losing health and healing at the same time which kept his health constantly around 199-200 was before I hired him. After hiring him, he only loses health when he stands still and only starts to heal when he moves. His health is on the swing.

Update (prepare for a mess):

I can't believe I didn't notice that yesterday, I was probably too excited to see that NPC is actually following me and staying with me after restart. Anyway, they do seem to follow, but sometimes they just stop following for no apparent reason and what's even weirder is that they don't fight back now or rarely. So far I tried NPCNurse, NPCBaker and NPCAmmo and only NPCAmmo attacked a zombie with his weapon after that zombie attacked me, but he also just stood there ignoring that zombie for the most part. NPCs now don't seem to proactively look for targets to kill in their vicinity either.

As for the health issue, I'm still investigating. Perhaps the most interesting observation here is that when I tried a new world, the NPCs I met already had full 800 points of health. In that previous gameplay, those NPCs there, one of which I hired all had no more than 200 points of health out of 800, not sure why is that.

Anyway, in my latest test world, the health was acting a slightly different than before. I hired NPCNurse and she was actually healing over time which was interesting because I didn't see that with NPCBaker in my previous test world after hiring him, but as soon as I gave NPCNurse water and corn bread into her inventory, her health started going down and never up. After spawning a zombie next to her, she got attacked and didn't fight back and eventually that zombie killed her.

In other news, I also found out that Patch_Entity that was put in place as dependency to fix NRE I received when BanditArcher was killed by a snow zombie, also affects the player's own health - when you're hit and the heart icon shows up, it has no actual effect on your health and you never really bleed out. When I disabled Patch_Entity, bleeding on the player's character worked correctly. Not sure if this dependency has anything to do with the issues above, I will do some more tests.

Update (prepare for a mess):

I can't believe I didn't notice that yesterday, I was probably too excited to see that NPC is actually following me and staying with me after restart. Anyway, they do seem to follow, but sometimes they just stop following for no apparent reason and what's even weirder is that they don't fight back now or rarely. So far I tried NPCNurse, NPCBaker and NPCAmmo and only NPCAmmo attacked a zombie with his weapon after that zombie attacked me, but he also just stood there ignoring that zombie for the most part. NPCs now don't seem to proactively look for targets to kill in their vicinity either.

As for the health issue, I'm still investigating. Perhaps the most interesting observation here is that when I tried a new world, the NPCs I met already had full 800 points of health. In that previous gameplay, those NPCs there, one of which I hired all had no more than 200 points of health out of 800, not sure why is that.

Anyway, in my latest test world, the health was acting a slightly different than before. I hired NPCNurse and she was actually healing over time which was interesting because I didn't see that with NPCBaker in my previous test world after hiring him, but as soon as I gave NPCNurse water and corn bread into her inventory, her health started going down and never up. After spawning a zombie next to her, she got attacked and didn't fight back and eventually that zombie killed her.

In other news, I also found out that Patch_Entity that was put in place as dependency to fix NRE I received when BanditArcher was killed by a snow zombie, also affects the player's own health - when you're hit and the heart icon shows up, it has no actual effect on your health and you never really bleed out. When I disabled Patch_Entity, bleeding on the player's character worked correctly. Not sure if this dependency has anything to do with the issues above, I will do some more tests.

The lost of stamina and whatnot are controlled through the buffs system, so that could be a misunderstanding on my part in what some things do.

I've heard of another situation where NPCs weren't properly attacking, I'm investigating that as well.

The lost of stamina and whatnot are controlled through the buffs system, so that could be a misunderstanding on my part in what some things do.

I've heard of another situation where NPCs weren't properly attacking, I'm investigating that as well.

I think I have uncovered the mystery of NPC's magical healing!

Effects of Patch_Entity dependency:

Patch_Entity enabled:

Player's character:

When hit and bleeding heart icon shows up, actual bleeding effect doesn't work and the player never bleeds out.

NPCs:

Patch_Entity seems to have a healing effect on NPCs. They are not immortal, but their health seems to go lower much slower when they get hit and their health goes back up.

They can be killed, but due to the healing effect granted by Patch_Entity, it takes much longer for them to actually die with Patch_Entity enabled.

Patch_Entity disabled:

Player's character:

When hit and bleeding heart icon shows up, bleeding works correctly and player can bleed out.

NPCs:

With Patch_Entity disabled, health of NPCs goes down pretty fast when they are attacked and when they die, console shows up with the following red message:

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

As a consequence of the death of your hired NPC (with Patch_Entity disabled), every new NPC that is spawned cannot be interacted with, so you cannot hire them until you close the game and load it again.

I think I have uncovered the mystery of NPC's magical healing!

Effects of Patch_Entity dependency:

Patch_Entity enabled:

Player's character:

When hit and bleeding heart icon shows up, actual bleeding effect doesn't work and the player never bleeds out.

NPCs:

Patch_Entity seems to have a healing effect on NPCs. They are not immortal, but their health seems to go lower much slower when they get hit and their health goes back up.

They can be killed, but due to the healing effect granted by Patch_Entity, it takes much longer for them to actually die with Patch_Entity enabled.

Patch_Entity disabled:

Player's character:

When hit and bleeding heart icon shows up, bleeding works correctly and player can bleed out.

NPCs:

With Patch_Entity disabled, health of NPCs goes down pretty fast when they are attacked and when they die, console shows up with the following red message:

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

As a consequence of the death of your hired NPC (with Patch_Entity disabled), every new NPC that is spawned cannot be interacted with, so you cannot hire them until you close the game and load it again.

The Patch_Entity was designed to fix that invalid cast, as it was trying to clear the bleeding buff on entities that did not have it. I am surprised that it's magically healing them, however.

The Patch_Entity was designed to fix that invalid cast, as it was trying to clear the bleeding buff on entities that did not have it. I am surprised that it's magically healing them, however.

Yes, I was surprised too. While it solves two issues - NRE when BanditArcher is killed by a zombie and that "InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type", it also breaks bleeding for players and maybe other entities in the world too. Not sure, that's for you modders to figure out. :p

EDIT:

Right now I'm uploading a video that shows the current situation with the following mods installed and enabled:

Animation SDX

aXUI_Dialog

Hal's DLL Fixes

Patch_Entity

SDX_Buffs

SDX_Dialog

SDX_EAITasks

SDX_EntityAliveSDX

SDX_Quests

SphereII Unlock Health Bar

Xyth NPCs

EDIT #2:

Here's the video that I promised.

[video=youtube_share;CftnllfOdko]